30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• TinieeTee
    TinieeTee Posts: 17
    Options
    I started it today. My legs felt like jello, but I had to get the dog out and walking made that go away. I am planning to do it every other dat for my "strength" training. I got so excited for the stomach part, so I could lay down.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hahaha Tiniee, that was my favorite part too!

Well I'm a little sore today, not too bad considering... Today is W8D2 of C25K and this evening D2 of 30DS. Busy day!! I am kinda looking forward to 30DS, I dread running. I probably would have hated 30DS in the past but now that I run I guess I have something awful to compare it too. :laugh:
  • Kupkayke85
    Options
    Im starting today! :) Just bought it from Itunes, Very excited to try it!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yey mine came today so of course I just had to start it!!
    I can say Im not really used to much exercise I think im going to feel it in the morning lol :)
  • tlerias
    tlerias Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and i'm pretty sore! I'm very excited to keep this up because the last day will be on 21st birthday, and hopefully it will have me looking good by then!
  • cervenec
    cervenec Posts: 64
    Options
    Started yesterday, feeling a bit sore but today was a lot easier. Also doing c25K with a friend starting today, can't wait to see results!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i just started 30DS on monday. about to hit day 3 of level 1. certainly feeling it everywhere so far but glad to read people saying to push on through the first 5 days or so and it gets easier.

determined to try and go the whole 30 days without missing any. but i guess everyone says that! lol
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I started Monday and I love how strong it makes me feel already. Just getting through it made me feel like I had accomplished something. I am using 3lb weights for now. I figure I will get through the first week and then bump it up to level 2.
  • xlis
    xlis Posts: 10
    Options
    Mine arrived today, so I tried it out this evening. I did it after i'd been to the gym so was pretty tired after it but loved it! Can't wait to see what the results are by the end of the 30days!
    Feel free to add me for a motivation buddy if you're just starting it as well! :)
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Omg, so I posted this on my wall but for all others:

Ok, I wasn't too sore from 30DS yesterday and I was feeling reaaally good today so took that on my run but I bonked hard at the halfway mark. Had to run/walk the second half. Was feeling pretty sorry for myself but turns out I burned 302 cals, up from 288 and still did 2.7 miles which is my best when I just run. So conclusion = exhausted but getting faster and burning more.

I'm pretty nervous about mixing 30DS with C25K now, I hope it's just temporary and I need to be more mindful during my runs to keep an even pace. I've decided that I'm going to take Sunday before my 5k off from all exercises just to make sure I am not too sore or tired. Just one run on Friday left (W8D3) and I'll shred everyday until Sunday and start back up again Tuesday.

Still have to do it later this evening. It's so beautiful today at the beach, I think I'll sit outside and enjoy it a bit.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Well done everyone who has started, I am still waiting for mine from play.com :grumble: but I have measured my arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves and I don't plan to weigh or measure again until the 30days are done! Good luck to us all :happy:
  • huntersmom13
    huntersmom13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I just finished L1D2 and I have to toot my own horn because I was able to finish the whole thing tonight without stopping. Last night I could barely make it through and had to take breaks, so I feel like it was a major accomplishment this evening!!! I have been depressed all day today because the weight isn't coming off and I thought that if I can't even do a 20 minute workout I might as well throw in the towel. So, I am feeling a little better about me tonight. One day at a time.....:wink:
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Well I just finished L1D2 and I have to toot my own horn because I was able to finish the whole thing tonight without stopping. Last night I could barely make it through and had to take breaks, so I feel like it was a major accomplishment this evening!!! I have been depressed all day today because the weight isn't coming off and I thought that if I can't even do a 20 minute workout I might as well throw in the towel. So, I am feeling a little better about me tonight. One day at a time.....:wink:

Awesome!!!!!! Good job!
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options

I feel you! After the first day I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. I made a promise to myself, and was determined not to give up. Day two kicked my butt also because I was so sore from the first day. I'm on day seven. I will keep at it, it's only 20 minutes... right? Wish I would have taken measurements. Feel like it's probably too late.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    It's not too late Hessteria! Still three more weeks right? Why not? You could even go one more week if you want so the measurements will still be after 30 days. Then you'll be finishing the same time most of us do too!

OMG ladies... Day 2 was brutal. I was soooooo sore still and I ran earlier which just made it worse. I'm so beat now! Thank god it's only 20 mins, I could never have talked myself into more.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Still have trouble with the second set of push ups and the last set of cardio has me beat, but like most have said, 'It's only 20 minutes-right?' . One good thing is today was better than yesterday. Hopefully, I can say the same thing tomorrow :smile:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 today. I had to move to the girl type pushups this time as i am also doing a program called 'one hundred pushups' and today was a workout day. Both sets are impossible. but boy, my arms are sore even so!

@kitty - just mho, but i think your Cto5k is a great compliment to the shred. i had to drop out after the 20 minute run (week 5?) last time but that was due to knee problems. i'm going to try that again after some more weight loss.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I feel you! After the first day I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. I made a promise to myself, and was determined not to give up. Day two kicked my butt also because I was so sore from the first day. I'm on day seven. I will keep at it, it's only 20 minutes... right? Wish I would have taken measurements. Feel like it's probably too late.

Ya'll are doing great. The 1st time I did the the Shred, I thought it was going to kill me. I would cuss at the TV. My DH would laugh at me when I yelled and grunted at Jillian. I pushed through and I ended up loving Jillian.

I finished D1L1 last night. This is my 2nd time to do the Shred and I feel much stronger than the 1st. When I did it the 1st time I could see the muscles forming almost from the 1st day.

I am proud of all of us for our determination and I know we will all finish. Take your time and don't let anything get in your way!!!
  • mooglie
    mooglie Posts: 4
    Options
    just finished L1D2.. side lunge with biceps were oww. anyone feel the impact on your ankles during the jump rope? I got depressed that I gained a whole pound after yesterday even though I was eating way under cals. sigh!
  • cervenec
    cervenec Posts: 64
    Options
    The side lunges with raises will be the death of me. Just finished L1D3, and after starting C25k my legs are obscenely sore(it's so sad!) But it feels awesome! :D