30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of level 1 done for me today. Got an extra 30 mins cardio done today too. Will weigh myself Monday morning to see if there's any change after the first week.

7 down, 23 to go! :happy:
  • hs40200
    hs40200 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's day 1 for me today. Level 1 was kinda hard for me to upkeep. The muscle on my legs are sore...I'm so excited for Day 30!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just purchased 30DS on Friday. I am so ready to get started tomorrow.
  • Jocelyndugan
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I puffy heart the results from Jillian's workouts, but I kind of tweaked my knee doing the side lunges in 30DS and then didn't rest it at all. Now, after more lunges and a three mile jog, it is quite sore and needs some rest.

My point here is that I really want to try and do the 30DS with you but I'm not sure when I can start. I'm trying to do low impact exercise right now and am incorporating some circuits from No More Trouble Zones that don't have lunges.

As soon as everything feels back to normal in my knee I will do this with you. Until then, best of luck to you all!! You are awesome.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just finished D1 L1. Feel very wobbly at the moment! When I finished the workout, I felt slightly sickly but now I feel pretty nauseous though. Took a bath which helped. I was wondering if it wears off because being nauseous and feeling sickly every day is not my idea of fun after a workout. I'm not that keen on the jumping jacks, skipping or the lunges. I'm definitely feeling sore. 29 more days to go.

Maybe you pushed too hard. Try a little more low impact at 1st. Build up to the high impact moves in later days. Maybe your weights are too heavy. When I 1st started I wasn't used to using any weights, so I used cans of food just to get comfortable with the movements. It is still a good workout, but not gonna kill you. If you hate it, you won't continue. Keep trying to find what will work for you.

Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. I think once you get used to the program, you should feel better.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    ugh missed 2 days due to birthdays and parties.. no excuse yes. so now L1D3.. still can't do the full side lunge and raise. now im thinking whether i should just recount from D1 since i missed 2 days.. hope everyone is hanging in there!

No need to start over. Just pick up from where you stopped. We all have life that gets in the ways sometimes. I only do the program every other day, because I do something else on the other day. I also give myself a rest day from all exercise. Keep you spirits up and don't beat your self up (that's just setting yourself up for failure.) This is not a race to see who finishes 1st, it's about getting healthy.
  • emyjane84
    emyjane84 Posts: 67
    Options
    I was following the modified workouts. xD. But I'm fine now. The bath really helped out and I feel alot more stronger in myself. Perhaps it was just because I was doing it for the first time. I shall see how i am tommorrow when I do D2L1. The weights I use is the smallest out of the three I have. But thank you for answering! ^^
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone for keeping up their Shredding! Don't quit, even if you take a few days off or are feeling it's hard, it really does get better! Did L1D5 yesterday (25 days left!), I love feeling new muscles here and there and I'm able to do the moves in a more fluid and controlled way so I'm getting an even better workout.

Welcome all our new shredders, everyone is welcome to join! You're going to love 30DS. It's quick (20 mins) so there's not many excuses not to do it everyday and you feel results pretty fast. It will be tough at first but just do your best and you will feel so good. Some of us have taken before pictures and done before measurements because you'll be putting on so much muscle your weight may not change at all and it WILL fluctuate up while you're in the 30 days.

Well Shredders, I am actually taking today off and tomorrow as well because I am running my first 5k tomorrow and we're having a big family BBQ so I will see you all back here on the 5th. Have a beautiful and safe 4th and keep shredding!

:heart:
  • eyedoc87
    eyedoc87 Posts: 8
    Options
    D4L1 done. Holy cow, my calves are sore!! I finally determined tonight that it was the jumping rope exercise making them sore. I worked on stretching my calves more this evening - we'll see if it helps.

I definitely find the workout getting easier...except those d**n side lunges. I had to reduce my weight so I could concentrate on proper form for the lower body. I've done side lunges before, but not with anterior delt raises.

I never thought I'd be able to do the same workout every day (adding some additional workouts afterwards) but I think knowing it's only 30 days is helping. I might even try some other Jillian workouts on Exercise TV.
  • rissuhbissuh
    rissuhbissuh Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! So excited :)
  • StephLop
    StephLop Posts: 20
    Options
    Do you guys do the shred everyday?! It seems like it should be done every other day because it's tough on the muscles. Anyone have any opinions? I am doing week 2 of ripped in 30, love it!!
  • kathkell
    kathkell Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey all! I decided I probably should start posting on here. You all seem so supportive! I started 30DS last week, but have only done 4 days. I'm just trying to listen to my body, and I'm also mixing up my exercises. I do pilates when I don't shred, and sometimes before or after.

NSV: 18 Pushups total!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I started today.... I stopped doing the push-ups after maybe 5? I have no strength for that at ll! ... But everything else went really well. Other than the fact that I bought 5lb weights and should have bought the 3lb weights! way too much at the start! .... sweat like crazy after, so even though i took many short breaks, i feel like i must have done something right, esp since my legs are killing me, wonder what htey'll feel like tomorrow!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Do you guys do the shred everyday?! It seems like it should be done every other day because it's tough on the muscles. Anyone have any opinions? I am doing week 2 of ripped in 30, love it!!

you can do it every day. i dont remember which of my friends posted a quote from jillian michels, but someone asked JM if it can be done every day and she said yes. that's just a summary of the quote. i just dont remember why she said yes. but she designed it so you could.
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and have never even tried it! I'm new to the site and I like the idea of doing it along with others. I will rip off the plastic wrap tomorrow and get started!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I just did day 1 and it kicked my *kitten*. I just wanted it to end, but I knew going in I am way out of shape and really need it.

LOL it kicked mine too! Don't worry you're def not alone! =P
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I want to start this! But will I be able to run at least every other day while doing it? I usually run 3-4 miles every other day. I don't want to not be able to do it :(
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 1 and am sooooo sore! It's weird though because I wasn't really sore after the first day but yesterday I stepped it up a notch and now my muscles are paying for it! At least it will be worth it in the end!
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    I want to start this! But will I be able to run at least every other day while doing it? I usually run 3-4 miles every other day. I don't want to not be able to do it :(

I run every other day and it seems to be fine.
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    I'm up for it. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks!!