30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Dooo.... It...... :) You are worth it, and you made a promise to yourself. :) Wink

Thanks Hessteria! I eventually guilted myself into it, lol!! Awesome job on level 1 and doing measurements, can't wait to see the results!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I'm losing track of days already! What day did I just finish? I think it was 4... Anyone else starting to feel different? The workouts are slightly easier especially since I'm not nearly as sore now but some times I feel a new muscle. I had my hand on my calf and was like "What the he'll is that!?" LOL! I had them before but now they're harder. So ya, pretty cool stuff!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    today will be day 6 for me on level 1. definitely feeling easier the last couple of times but today will be a challenge coz i had a few too many beers last nite. meeting jillian with a hangover. HELP!!! and i promised myself i'd do 30 mins of extra cardio today. yikes.....
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    i missed yesterday from a lack of time so i just completed day 3 today. Those 5 lb weights seemed much heavier...& my arms are so sore since i'm combining it with the pushup program. but the deed is done and i'm definately getting stronger:smile:
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I did L1D1 yesterday and plan on sticking to it all July. I used 3 pound weights - feel it in my legs but not my arms. Wondering if I should use 5 pounds or keep up as I am for a few days. When do you switch weights? and when do you move up to the next level?
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I've heard a lot of great things about this DVD. I just picked mine up @ Walmart for $10 and will try it today. If anyone is interested in having a weekly weigh in on Fridays, please friend me! I need all the motivation I can get! Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Kim
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did L1D1 yesterday and plan on sticking to it all July. I used 3 pound weights - feel it in my legs but not my arms. Wondering if I should use 5 pounds or keep up as I am for a few days. When do you switch weights? and when do you move up to the next level?

jmho, move up to the 5 lb weights and see what happens. i think you should be mildly sore (pain is different). i know adding the extra pounds is making it much more difficult for me.

The official program is 10 days at each level. level 2 is different,,,,less actual weights, more of supporting your own bodys weight.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I've heard a lot of great things about this DVD. I just picked mine up @ Walmart for $10 and will try it today. If anyone is interested in having a weekly weigh in on Fridays, please friend me! I need all the motivation I can get! Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Kim

hi i'm interested in weekly weigh-ins.. i'm on day 6 of 30 DS but i'm sure i can do an extra week for you :))
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    L1 D2 done and was really hard 2 down 28 to go
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Didn't get any sort of exercise on Thursday because I work in accounting and had to spend the day doing the billing that the project managers should have been turning in all month (I usually walk during lunch) and because I was heading out right after work and was out all night. I caught some sort of stomach nastiness so I took yesterday off as well. Back on this morning with L1D5. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I actually managed to use the weights the whole time, though my arms were on fire by the time the side lunges were over.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level one not as sore now whooopieee!! not saying that its easier tho but carry on i must!!!! :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Im going to start on the 4th. My intention was to start earlier, but it's to hectic with company being here and not being home all that much. I will be using 5 lb weights since that is what I already have and didn't want to go out and buy something different. These posts are very inspiring, so keep posting! I look forward to joining you all on the 4th!! Keep up the good work :bigsmile:
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    D3L1, still finding the side lunges hard, i tend to drop my weights. But im going to keep trying.
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    D3L1, still finding the side lunges hard, i tend to drop my weights. But im going to keep trying.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options

Me too. I don't like them at all. lol
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did L1Day2 this afternoon. I decided to take my rest day yesterday and woke up this morning and got it done. I will do day 3 on the July 4th. Tomorrow is my C25K day. I am loving doing this program again.

As for the lunges, I still hate them. The 1st time I did the shred, I had to do the lunges without the weights, I just couldn't do them. This time, I am using the weights.

Is it just me or are the ab exercises easier when they are put into the routine like Jillian has them? I have always hated abs, but doing them for 1 minute at the end of each circuit, I find them easier. I actually like them because I get to catch my breath while lying on the ground... :)
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, can I join in please?

I have just finished L1 Day 2, those side lunges with forward raises are KILLA.
    I am using 2kg weights.

I am determined to do it 30 days straight. I have printed off a July Calendar and stuck it to the fridge - every day that I complete, a big red cross goes through it.

Good luck everyone xx
  • emyjane84
    emyjane84 Posts: 67
    Options
    I just finished D1 L1. Feel very wobbly at the moment! When I finished the workout, I felt slightly sickly but now I feel pretty nauseous though. Took a bath which helped. I was wondering if it wears off because being nauseous and feeling sickly every day is not my idea of fun after a workout. I'm not that keen on the jumping jacks, skipping or the lunges. I'm definitely feeling sore. 29 more days to go.
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    My dvd has finally arrived and is sitting at the post office, will be picking it up Monday so would love to join!:smile:
  • mooglie
    mooglie Posts: 4
    Options
    ugh missed 2 days due to birthdays and parties.. no excuse yes. so now L1D3.. still can't do the full side lunge and raise. now im thinking whether i should just recount from D1 since i missed 2 days.. hope everyone is hanging in there!