Team Feelin' Nauti (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've literally gone to every new class at my gym this week that I hadn't previously been to. Tried out rebounding (aerobics on a mini trampoline), turbo kick (fast-paced cardio kickboxing), powerflex (group strength training with heavy loaded barbells), pilates, yoga, and piyo (combination pilates/yoga). I'm also going to do my first spin class this weekend. I'd much prefer to be biking outdoors, but I wanted to try it out. I'm considering doing spinning regularly over the winter so I can maintain some my cycling condition. Last year I lost some of the progress that I made with cycling speed and endurance over the winter months, and I don't plan to let that happen again this year. :tongue:

Other than that, I'm just enjoying my lighter day today, and will probably take the puppy for a walk later on. Rich (rez) and I have a 30+ mile bike trip planned for Saturday too if the weather holds up. It's supposed to be nice this weekend, so hopefully it stays that way!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow, Niveous! You have had a busy week. That is amazing! It takes me a little bit to wrap my head around trying a new class, sometimes. Are you sore at all?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I've been so bad about reporting in! Someone scold me! Yoga, have you been pulling my numbers from my posts or do I need to fill in some blanks? Sorry. :(

Niveous, you amaze me so much! Classes scare me, for some unknown reason. Yoga and pilates in a studio, I'm ok with, but anything else I can't bring myself to do alone. If I had a workout buddy I probably would, but I don't. And I go to a university gym where all the girls are perfect 18-21 year old bodies. I need to get over it. I'm not shy or insecure, usually, but I can't bring myself to do this. Wow, that sounds lame when I read it back to myself.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    431 yesterday.
  • Niveous
    Options
    Wow, Niveous! You have had a busy week. That is amazing! It takes me a little bit to wrap my head around trying a new class, sometimes. Are you sore at all?

I was, very much so! I feel a lot better today though after being lazy and doing practically nothing all day yesterday. :P
    Niveous, you amaze me so much! Classes scare me, for some unknown reason. Yoga and pilates in a studio, I'm ok with, but anything else I can't bring myself to do alone. If I had a workout buddy I probably would, but I don't. And I go to a university gym where all the girls are perfect 18-21 year old bodies. I need to get over it. I'm not shy or insecure, usually, but I can't bring myself to do this. Wow, that sounds lame when I read it back to myself.

Nothing about that sounds lame. :P I'm actually the opposite of you - I'm usually both shy and insecure. However, I got over going to classes by myself. I just don't care what anyone thinks of what I look like jumping on a mini trampoline or whatever else I might happen to be doing. I'm sure I don't look glamorous with a bright red face and covered in sweat... but then again, neither does anyone else there. :P It's too bad that it's not more convenient to commute between the suburbs and the city, because I'd totally be your workout buddy! :) But if you're ever in the burbs, you have one here. :D

And happy Friday team! :) What're your plans for the weekend? Got anything special going on?
  • rez83
    rez83 Posts: 7
    Options
    hope everyone has a nice weekend :)
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    Hey! I'm back everyone! Sorry I was gone for so long. The good news is that I have TONS of burned calories to log on the spreadsheet for the past 8 days! Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry for being quiet this week. I know today is a rest/water day so I'm trying my something new today. Jump rope. DYR I did update the spreadsheet for Fri. & Sat. Sorry about that. I had family visit & I didn't log anything for 2 days! I got it straight now and I'll post my water @ the end of the day.
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Hey! I'm back everyone! Sorry I was gone for so long. The good news is that I have TONS of burned calories to log on the spreadsheet for the past 8 days! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Yay!! Welcome back!
  • Niveous
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/310758-row-the-world-games
    HI guys !!!

ok games for this WEEK !!

Captains again can pick ONE REST DAY / WATER DAY

CAPTAINS to pick 2 DOUBLE DOUBLE DAYS ! yes that x4 !!!!

ALL OTHER DAYS to be double days !!!!

The lead boats are heading North and back for port ! may aim is to get this complete as i know a lot of people are dropping off now, and i have started dreaming up a new one for a Sept start........... again teams.....but smaller........... poss no more than 6 to a team............. so it might be a canoe down that amazon or a North Pole to South Pole bike ride......... WATCH THIS SPACE !

please BUMP !!!¬
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wed: 559
    Thur: 0
    Fri: 104
    Sat: 82
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tues:

Weekly Goal: 749/3000

Ugh! This heat is really screwing with me! lol
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Hey loves, I'm lost, lol. So today was my rest day and fortunately, also the day we log water and not calories burned. Will we have one of those every week? If so is it on different days? It think this is such a good idea :)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    Options
    Bah! I've been such a slacker!

August 5th: 573
    August 6th: 278
    August 7: 182

Today I vow to get back on track.
  • Niveous
    Options
    07/01: 192.4
    07/04: 191
    07/11: 191
    07/18: 188
    07/25: 188
    08/01: 188
    08/08: 187.4

Inches Lost for July: 2.5 in

0.6 lbs lost this week and I'm happy to see the scale moving again! :) I am a little down about my injury on Saturday though and the fact that I won't be able to attend any of my gym classes this week with my messed shoulder and arm. I can still walk though, so that's what I'll do. I have to make the best of it.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Goal weight on Sept. 1: 159
    08/01: 165.8
    08/08: 163.0
    08/15:
    08/22:
    09/01:

I think I might actually hit my goal!! 150's for my birthday next month would be fabulous!!!
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    July 1
    July 4
    July 11
    July 18
    July 25
    Aug. 1
    Aug. 9

It's so frustrating to look back over 7 weeks of hard work and only see a 2 lb difference!! It's so discouraging. But at least it keeps me from unrealistic expectations. This is gonna take a lot of hard work and consistency.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Hi team! Do we want to do Sundy for rest again or a different day?
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Sunday works for me!
  • Niveous
    Options
    Sunday is fine for a rest day for me. We also have to pick two quadruple days as well, and every other day this week is also a double day. I don't really have any preference whatsoever this week since I don't have much of a schedule... I'm kind of just limited to dog walking anyway, so whatever the team decides is great! :flowerforyou:
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    I'm open this week as well, no huge workouts planned. Some friends are in from out of country, so I'm spending as much time with them as possible while they are around. Its not often (ever) that i vists Abu Dhabi, after all. Sorry that i've been so quiet.