Team Feelin' Nauti (closed group)

Options

Replies

• ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    DYR- thanks for all you do for making keeping this team up and running! Im sure we'll try to make it more efficient for you!

SMiling- welcome to the group!! we work hard to play hard:)

Niveous- you and are awesome!! Inspiration is contagious! Tomorrow instead of just wokring out after work im going to get a run in during my lunchbreak as well! I just asked my boss if i could use the gym at the center during my break and she was all for it!

Also today I ran my BEST mile! 8 min and 34 sec after I went on the elliptical for an hour!! yay mee!! :)

Hope everyone had a greart 4th of july and lets kick butt tomorrow! Apparently we're behind in the challange, its lets step it up mateys! arrrghhh ;)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I wanted to step it up today but the fitness center was locked up. And it was waaaaay too hot out to go running. Tomorrow I'm hoping to run and do my strength training.
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We're kidnapping a crew member from someone else's ship and stealing their calorie burn today! I chose team Badunkadunk.

Check it out! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/280784-row-the-world-day-5-kidnap-a-crew-member
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I feel cruddy about my contribution to our group yesterday. Hmph. I should've stepped it up.

As long as the fitness center is unlocked, I'll be running a bit tonight, and then doing CS&T.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    DYR- thanks for all you do for making keeping this team up and running! Im sure we'll try to make it more efficient for you!

SMiling- welcome to the group!! we work hard to play hard:)

Niveous- you and are awesome!! Inspiration is contagious! Tomorrow instead of just wokring out after work im going to get a run in during my lunchbreak as well! I just asked my boss if i could use the gym at the center during my break and she was all for it!

Also today I ran my BEST mile! 8 min and 34 sec after I went on the elliptical for an hour!! yay mee!! :)

Hope everyone had a greart 4th of july and lets kick butt tomorrow! Apparently we're behind in the challange, its lets step it up mateys! arrrghhh ;)

Congrats on you new personal record! I love seeing everyone improve and achieve their goals!

Niveous & Rez, you totally inspired me to work out more at home yesterday after I got home from the gym.

Rach, don't beat yourself up. Idk about your place, but it is ridiculously hot out here. No way I'd work out a quarter of what i do outside. We're all doing our best and that is what matters!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Just looked at the map again....I swear some of these groups must be running marathons during the week or something!!! lol

I think I'm going to do a 5k on the treadmill tonight, see how much I can improve my best time. :)
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the map again....I swear some of these groups must be running marathons during the week or something!!! lol

I'm not gonna lie, I sneaked a peek at some of the other threads yesterday. The main difference that I saw was that most of the lead teams had a handful of big guys that were burning an average of 1,500+ daily. Most of our numbers are in-line with most of the women on other ships, including the lead ship. Hell, one of the guys on the lead ship burned over 6,000 calories yesterday - and that's before doubling! My jaw just about hit my desk. The only way you're ever gonna get me to burn 6,000 calories in a day is to strap me to a treadmill at incline ten, and put a snapping alligator at the back of it. Although I might do that to Rez on the next double day. I agree with DYR that we're doing our best and that's all that matters. Whether we finish first or last, as long as we give it our best every day - we're winners in my book! And I fully realize how cheesy I sound here, but it's absolutely true. I could not have picked to be on a better crew with a better bunch of ladies (and man)! :D
  • Niveous
    Options
    By the way, I haven't forgotten about the question of the day either! Still working on it. :)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I agree with DYR that we're doing our best and that's all that matters. Whether we finish first or last, as long as we give it our best every day - we're winners in my book! And I fully realize how cheesy I sound here, but it's absolutely true. I could not have picked to be on a better crew with a better bunch of ladies (and man)! :D

I know.....but I still wanna crush them!!! :wink:
  • Niveous
    Options
    Oh, me too! And we can! :D There's a lot of interesting challenges coming up that can turn the entire tide; it's still anyone's game.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Did you get my numbers from my profile? That was accurate. I wanted to do more, but yeah..the holiday and whatnot. :(

Everyone is doing great! I agree we should just keep on doing our best. We do have a great group here. :heart:
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    My total for Day 4 July 4 was 830 calories
    Swimming and trampoline jumping
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options

I'm not gonna lie, I sneaked a peek at some of the other threads yesterday. The main difference that I saw was that most of the lead teams had a handful of big guys that were burning an average of 1,500+ daily. Most of our numbers are in-line with most of the women on other ships, including the lead ship. Hell, one of the guys on the lead ship burned over 6,000 calories yesterday - and that's before doubling! My jaw just about hit my desk. The only way you're ever gonna get me to burn 6,000 calories in a day is to strap me to a treadmill at incline ten, and put a snapping alligator at the back of it. Although I might do that to Rez on the next double day. I agree with DYR that we're doing our best and that's all that matters. Whether we finish first or last, as long as we give it our best every day - we're winners in my book! And I fully realize how cheesy I sound here, but it's absolutely true. I could not have picked to be on a better crew with a better bunch of ladies (and man)! :D

6,000 calories?! OMG. I totally agree with both of you ladies. We're doing our best. We are all reasonably fit and aren't burning insane amounts of calories every day. However, we're doing our best and we're pushing ourselves. My main goal for us is for our entire crew to find mental and physical improvements over what we started with. I'm not kidding when I say you guys motivate me. This challenge has really opened my eyes to how much support and teamwork can really drive me to work harder. I knew that in the military, but that's been over a decade now.

I also identify with Rach and that competitive nature! I want to blow those other ships out of the water!!! LOL However, I absolutely love our Feelin' Nauti crew and wouldn't trade you lot for the highest calorie burners that ever sailed the seven seas! /dork.

marcia and dee dee: I did get your totals, sweets. :flowerforyou:

This morning, I did boot camp for an hour, zumba for an hour, and played in the pool with the guys for nearly 2 hours. I only count the pool time as 45 minutes since I sometimes stop moving to kiss a boo boo, throw a toy, or help with gooogles, etc. All that put me at 1138 calories burned! If I do anything else this evening, I'll be sure to update. :drinker:
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Niveous, which team was that? maybe I should withdraw my attack on badunkadunk for that one. I just know one of their members burned 1900+ calories today, so I chose that one. What do you think?
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey guyys!!

Going to the gym after this post, cant wait to update.

Yeah having others teams with big guys doesnt give an accurate picture ofeach person is working hard, since guys tend to burn calories a lot easier than girls so I think we should just consentrate on our team esp. yourself!

Whoevers QOTD it is today remember it can be about anything, its just good to keep everyone active every

As for my calories burned Im going to each week try to burn more calories from the previous week. Im determine to improve and get these lbs off!

Goal:4000
    Burned: 2199 4/7
    To go: 1801
    Daily Avg: 600.3
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY:
    What message do you need to hear, right now,to help you along your journey? We all have different levels of support at home, we share our support for each other online, but, ultimately, the great motivator on your journey is you. So take a moment, even a moving meditation as you workout, to acknowledge all the hard work and effort that you've put forth to get yourself this far, all the effort and awakening that got you started along this path. Look at where you are now and appreciate those efforts and yourself as you are in this moment. Take your time and revel in these accomplishments. When you are ready, look ahead toward the future, and envision yourself with your goals met. You will get there! What is it that your future self would tell you that will help you along your path? This is exactly what you need to hear and, whatever it is, will be exactly right and perfect for you.

I actually meditated on this last night before going to sleep. The answer was a little surprising, to me, and very simple. Enjoy the journey. Sometimes I get so caught up in the numbers game that I forget how much fun I'm having. So.. stop. breathe. revel in the moment. Look to the future, but enjoy the journey.

Finally, I'm totally stealing a quote I saw on Marcia's page today. :wink:

"When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way." -Wayne Dyer.

Let's give this question until the end of the day, since so many have not answered yet. Tomorrow, it will be RachVR6's turn to ask her question. :)
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    We're currently in 9th place out of 22 ships! Not too shabby!
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options

That is encouraging!! I am so loving this challenge!! We are only on day 5 and I have definitely felt more of a purpose to my workouts.It has been so much more motivating to me than just trying to reach my own goals. I really do push myself a little bit further when I think of how hard everyone else is working too!!
  • RachVR6
    Options

WHOOHOOOOO!!!! :drinker:

Can't wait to contribute my numbers tonight!!! This challenge is really stepping up my workouts!!
  • Niveous
    Options

Dang! That's not too shabby at all. I can't wait until the Friday double day again. I'm probably gonna take a light workout day on Thursday just to make sure I'm properly rested for it too.