Team Feelin' Nauti (closed group)

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    We're currently in 9th place out of 22 ships! Not too shabby!

That is encouraging!! I am so loving this challenge!! We are only on day 5 and I have definitely felt more of a purpose to my workouts.It has been so much more motivating to me than just trying to reach my own goals. I really do push myself a little bit further when I think of how hard everyone else is working too!!

Exactly! Really feels like a tight-knit team!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY:
    What message do you need to hear, right now,to help you along your journey? We all have different levels of support at home, we share our support for each other online, but, ultimately, the great motivator on your journey is you. So take a moment, even a moving meditation as you workout, to acknowledge all the hard work and effort that you've put forth to get yourself this far, all the effort and awakening that got you started along this path. Look at where you are now and appreciate those efforts and yourself as you are in this moment. Take your time and revel in these accomplishments. When you are ready, look ahead toward the future, and envision yourself with your goals met. You will get there! What is it that your future self would tell you that will help you along your path? This is exactly what you need to hear and, whatever it is, will be exactly right and perfect for you.

Well now that I'm finally seeing my hard work paying off, I no longer feel impatient and frustrated, like I used to.

I guess I would tell myself to stop trying to please everyone else. Because I've been unhappy with my own body for so long, I automatically think others have been unhappy with it too. I've asked my bf on numerous occasions, if he's happy with my changes. He always says, 'Yes dear, and I was happy with you before, but I'm glad to see that you're working hard and YOU are happy.' I think he's more attractive to the commitment I have to this lifestyle change, than the actual physical changes. He says it really shows my strength as a person. I love hearing that he's noticing the changes in who I am and not just the changes in my physical appearance.

I have to say that it does bother me a bit when certain people don't comment on my weight loss...especially when they're the ones that have pointed out my weight issues in the past. I know they only pointed out my faults to make them feel better about their own, so of course they aren't going to point out my successes. So I think I'd tell myself to get back to just focusing on me, and my journey, and be thankful for all the people that DO notice and DO support me, and encourage me to go farther and reach my goals......like all of the lovely ladies and gents here. :heart:
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    awesome1! 9th place!! lets get it to 7th by the end of the week! hope everyone has a great night and cant wait for tomorrow's workout!! Ill be running around with the kids for two hours out in the field..I love being active!

i love this crew! :):drinker: fill er up!
    Goal:4000
    Burned: 3028 2/7
    To go: 972
    To Complete: 482avg daily
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Alright Kenpo, and a really HUMID 1mi run on the trails done. I thought about going to the fitness center for more workout but its already 8pm and I still have to make and eat dinner, shower, and all that stuff, so I'll save it for tomorrow. I have strength anyway and will need a good long run to help get my calorie burn up.

Calories for today are logged.

:flowerforyou:
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Row the world day 5 July 5 my cal burned 640
    Brazil Butt Lift, rolletskating
    (my apologies for posting so late but I just finished the extra cardio and didn't want to send a partial total) Go Feelin' Nauti'
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    9th place?! Woohoo! I do think we have a great dedicated group here. I'm hoping other teams fall off after awhile so we can be seen as the serious contenders that we are!

I missed the question of the day until I saw Rach comment on it. I'll meditate over that one. It's a great question.

And Rach, I'm glad to hear your bf is supporting you in such a positive way. I like your thoughts on just getting back to yourself. What other people think about you really doesn't matter. Many people are insecure and are threatened by the success of others. Just keep on doing what you are doing. You were beautiful in your before pictures, but I love watching you blossom into a beautiful, confident and strong woman. I'm sure everyone is noticing. :flowerforyou:

Oh, I almost forgot. I burned 605 calories today. I wanted the extra little stroll with the bf tonight to put me over 600. :)
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Row the world day 5 July 5 my cal burned 640
    Brazil Butt Lift, rolletskating
    (my apologies for posting so late but I just finished the extra cardio and didn't want to send a partial total) Go Feelin' Nauti'

You're apologizing for working out? No ma'am! That will not stand on this ship! I don't turn in calories until tomorrow morning so that everyone has the time they need to row and log. ;). Thanks for reporting in, though, and nice burn!

Love, love your answer, Rach, and the awesome realizations within it.

KIDNAP CHALLENGE:
    We stole a crew member from badunkadunk and scored an additional 2274 calories for an extra 45.48 miles rowed! Woohoo!

Bedtime for me. Boot camp will come early in the morning! G'night loves!
  • ANewton401
    ANewton401 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    we stole a member from another boat? Wow we are pirates!
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options

Yeah, but we gave him back. :grumble:

I'm not sure where you guys saw that we're doing doubles on Friday, but I'll make a plan for it just in case. There is, however, confirmation of some real pirate activity coming up this Sunday. So, if you are taking a rest day or will be away from a computer, please let me know and keep me up to date!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/282169-row-the-world-bet-on-sunday

*kitten* just got real.
    :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Options

I'm not sure where you guys saw that we're doing doubles on Friday, but I'll make a plan for it just in case. There is, however, confirmation of some real pirate activity coming up this Sunday. So, if you are taking a rest day or will be away from a computer, please let me know and keep me up to date!

*kitten* just got real.

Oh snap!!!!

Edit....and a couple posts down in that thread he said Friday is doubles day. :drinker:
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm game and have time to do a lot of rowing on Sunday. However, I realize that may not be the case for everyone. Depending on everyone's schedules though, if we have our entire team able to really kill it on Sunday... I'd stand behind a rather hefty bet. :P
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Really glad my rest day is on Monday. I will be working it Friday and Sunday for sure!!
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Team, here's the game plan for Sunday...

By now you know how much you can handle and the most efficient way to get a good calorie burn. Figure out what you are going to do. Write it down on your calendar or plug it into your diary already and devote yourself to getting it done on Sunday. When you have it sorted, before Sunday, PM me with your pledge and let's crank this thing out!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay here's my pledge for Sunday:

I'm going to move my Plyo to Sunday since that's always a good burn. And then add in a 3mi run (hopefully get that done early morning before it gets hot.

Plyo ~ 550cal (if I really push I might be able to hit 600)
    Run ~ 550cal (if I do less walking than usual, that might be higher)

So I'm going to pledge 1100cals!!! Big number but with you guys counting on me I know I can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So how does the sunday thing work?? I'm kinda confused.

Do we say hey we put X calories on table and we get them or lose them depending on if we burn more calories than the other team?? Like if we knew we were gonna get blown out of the water we could be low, but if we knew we had it in the bag we could bet reeeeally high??
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    My total for row the world day 6 July 6 cal burned is 750
    Brazil Butt Lift Cardio Axe & High and Tight DVDs
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    455 today from bike riding and swimming, mostly. :)
  • ZannahDia
    ZannahDia Posts: 65
    Options

*kitten* just got real.

Sunday is usually my rest day, but I can take Saturday off instead. :)
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today, or active recovery rather! I'll be taking the pup on a walk and doing some very light yoga though, so I'll still be contributing. :)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Thighs are definitely feelin' my 2mile run yesterday. Gonna take it easy today and just do my CS&T, p90x workout. On Day 43, beginning of Week 7! My diet could be a LOT cleaner and I've taken more rest days than are scheduled in the program but I'm definitely happy with the results I've seen so far. Going to take some measurements tonight. Really wanna push it the next 2 weeks and have some awesome 60 day photos.

My weight is back up a bit but I'm not logging it until Monday. Need to go back to eating breakfast, packing lunch, and getting in all my protein. :ohwell: