Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• bzima
    bzima Posts: 10
    Options
    Anne- that is why I really didn't feel bad in the first place because I don't keep much of what I eat down in the first place. That is one of the reasons that I have lost so much wait with the baby. But then I still feel bad that I ate it any way. But while I am at work I really hope that I eat a lot better then I did yesterday.

And I want to thank everyone for making me feel welcome here...:flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    On another note, I'm REALLY having a hard time with my weight gain in the last couple of weeks. I've gained like 5 pounds since June 16th! :noway: I'm concerned that I'm gonna be huge. So far I've had a very slow gain. Over all I've gained 18 and I'm 25 weeks so I guess it's not so bad. I just hope it slows down! I've increase my water like others have mentioned. I have NO swelling so I can't even blame that! It's been like 90 here so I haven't been walking as much maybe that's it. IDK, all I know is that I have 14 weeks left and I really want to keep it at a 35 pound gain this time. Any other suggestions?

You're about where I was at 25 weeks. Maybe just a little over. And I ended up at 30 gained exactly. Only a 6lb baby though so keep that in mind too. I recommend logging EVERYTHING. Even on days you eat crap or go over or eat healthy and go over because you needed some more food that day. Logging kept me very aware of what I was eating. When I ate crap, the gains on the scale were not a surprise. When I was just feeling like munching or having ice cream (OK, I admit, when I was thinking of having seconds of ice cream :laugh: ) just knowing I would have to log it, or knowing what my intake for the day was so far would keep me from that snacking or eating extra. Also, keep active. I was very active the whole time (short a month to recover from back surgery, and that is when my weight gain jumped). If you were active before no need to tone it down unless you dont feel well. I did spin twice a week, elliptical once, swam a mile twice a week (including the morning I was induced), and kept active at home mowing the lawn etc. I gained 20 fewer lbs this time than with my first where I was active, but did not exercise, and did not log what I ate. My postpardum pants from last time literally fell off of me this time when I tried them on. :happy:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bethany - I added mine to my signature.

Katrina - Its funny you mention DTD. I wish bf would ask me, maybe that would get things going! I am actually using the Physicians and Midwives practice around here. They have a few offices but one of the midwives does their shift at the Alexandria hospital. I liked knowing that whenever we head to the hospital someone there has access to my complete records and possibly even knows me!

I am jealous of all the plug lossage this week for peeps! I havent seen mine yet. I am starting to think baby doesnt want to come out at all (though I am not really sure I blame her). Today was rough for me. I felt really sick all morning but managed to recover in the afternoon. I got my car fixed so we are all set now for trips with baby. I got almost all my final leave details ironed out. I just have to hang in till Friday. Once friday is done, I am all done with the stress of work for 12 weeks! I am so ready to be there.

I have never noticed the loss of my plug... so I'm guessing it happened sometime around labor or I'm just a very non-observant person! I believe it's one of those things that differs from person to person as to when and how it happens. So don't feel too bad that you haven't seen anything! Maybe your baby just knows to hold off till tomorrow night :wink:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ron: I'm sorry you're not feeling so well. I hope it passes very soon for you. :flowerforyou:

Julie/Maureen: I'm anxiously wondering which of you will go next? I'm pretty sure you will both go before me. Although I wouldn't mind if baby came right now I think she's pretty comfortable in there. Question for you both are you walking? If so, how many minutes? Everyone keeps telling me keep walking it will help strengthen your pelvis and speed things up but most evenings I can barely walk for about 15 mins.

Anne: I really, really hope you're not this sick in your next pregnancy.

I really feel like a house as my ticker says at this point and I think i may have caught a bug and didn't notice for the past week. I noticed that my energy is slowly returning, i'm very congested, and my left ear keeps popping. Weird. I'm a mucousy hott mess! :laugh: WARNING TMI: Last night while getting up to pee (it was painful as usual) but I noticed a leak and I thought I had peed on my self but when i got to the toilet it was on my liner and it was more of a light brownish color so I thought maybe it was my fluids but nothing again since. I keep looking for signs and hoping that I will deliver before my due date cause at this point i'm ready.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I'm also in a pretty rotton mood. When I started being so uncomfortable this past weekend, I convinced myself it was going to be okay because I was probably going to go into labor soon. And well, I guess that was true because I guess I am technically in early labor now. But.. OMG, seriously for how long?! The different contractions and discomfort started Monday night.... IT'S THURSDAY! I have to tell you -- if I had a choice, I'm pretty sure I'd chose quick but painful over long & drawn out but not as painful. I hate not knowing what's going on and when something more is going to happen. If I'm still dilating at the rate I was between my last 2 appointments, I'm probably at least 4cm dilated now. I know it's in my head, but every time I sit down to pee or sneeze or cough or laugh or anything, I feel so much pressure and weirdness that I swear I think baby is just going to pop out.

I'm starting to feel the same! This has definitely been my hardest pregnancy when it comes to pain and how uncomfortable I am. For a week straight now I will feel intense contractions that last 5-7 hours but are anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes apart... Definitely nothing I'm going to run to the hospital about but it makes it so hard to get anything accomplished when I have to stop and grab a wall for 30-45 seconds! I called my sister the other day because I remember her experiencing the same thing with her last pregnancy. She said that it lasted 2 weeks for her and that she just wished everyday that she could just do labor itself and not deal with this on again-off again crap! I totally agree (however, I don't want my baby to come for at least 2 more weeks... I still have to put together my house we just moved into and my kids are 2000 miles away till the 19th). I've decided it almost feels like my LO is so squished in my belly that she tries to stretch and it makes my entire belly contract because of it.

But it now just goes to show me that every pregnancy really is VERY different! With my DS my only complaint was that he was impatient and tried to come out at 33 weeks and I had to get my labor stopped (he's still a very impatient to this day too :laugh: ). Everything else made it a smooth amazing pregnancy. With my DD I threw up everyday after every meal for 9 months straight and I hated my pregnancy. And now with this one, it's been a scary pregnancy because I started spotting at 20 weeks and have been on "light duty" and now she's just being a great big PAIN!

Anyway, I hope your baby decides to meet you soon so you don't have to go through the pain anymore!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Maria -- I walked last Saturday but it was so hot and my dog was DONE after about 30 minutes. I could've kept going but I was on a "get this baby out of me!" mission so how uncomfortable I was didn't matter to me. I plan to leave work early today and walk. I wanted to yesterday but I got stuck at work thanks to the terrible storms and the storms continued most of the evening so I didn't get a chance. I would walk on my treadmill but I'm afraid my water will break! :laugh:

Ugh, I just remembered something else that makes me incredibly grumpy (ha, sorry!). We had a bad leak in our roof 2 years ago that caused quite a bit of damage to our ceiling. Our roof was only 2 years old at the time so we called the roof guy who put the roof on & he patched it for free. A few weeks ago, hubby got on the roof and painstakingly patched every single thing that looked liked it could possibly need patching before he started to work on repairing the water damage to the ceiling in the nursery (it had been a storage room before so we hadn't bothered fixing it yet). Then he worked for days spackling and patching and sanding the ceiling. Then he painted it & it looked perfect. I had been begging him to do it for months and I was so happy it was done.

Yeah... last night after all the storms we had yesterday we noticed the paint was blistering because THE EFFING ROOF IS LEAKING (still? again? we don't know). We had checked so many times after so many heavy downpours after the roof was sealed 2 years ago and the ceiling was never, ever wet any of those times. Not even slightly damp. I was confident it wasn't leaking anymore. But still, just to be sure, hubby crawled around on the roof when it was 100 degrees outside and put sealant on anything that looked even a little bit suspicious. My husband is so upset about it and I feel really terrible for him because he did work so hard on it. :ohwell: So now here we are at a point where she could be born any day and we have a ceiling leak above her crib. Awesome. Just one of the many reasons I wanted him to do the repair months ago but I won't even dare bring that up.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I always wonder on some of you - where'd you get your screen name. Some it seems pretty obvious- but feel free to share there also! :smile:

My old name (the mjtwo name) is because all the kids in our family have initial MJ and so my folks call us MJ1, MJ2, MJ3, and MJ4.

My new one is an old nickname from an annual camp when I was a teenager - they called me Missy Misdemeanor since back then everyone still knew me as Missy, and it was around the same time as a Missy Elliot album, I think Supa Dupa Fly. Am I dating myself with that statement? Who's got the keys to the jeep? Beep beep.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Sorry to all of your have bad/rotten days! ((hugs)) to you all! I hope you get feeling better.

Mel, I got my screen name because once my cousin called me chickidee and then we just combined my name Rachael with it. It's a perfect name for emails etc... because no one has used it and I don't ever have to put any numbers after it.

So I went and stole the big yoga ball from my work's exercise room. I am going to bounce on it while being at my computer all day. :) Hopefully that will help. I did dream last night that she turned and was no longer posterior. Here's to hoping.

Well, so tomorrow is my FIL's b-day, and this weekend my MW is out of town, so I guess I need to hold out till Monday. I am sure that will be no problem since she seems quite content where she is. But I am really hoping next week she will come.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ron - I've been having sudden, random waves of nausea this week too. Usually in the middle of class. Don't remember this from before, but it's been so long I've forgotten a lot of the trials of pregnancy.

Anne - My mom was super sick with my brother (the whole 9 months, throwing up all the time, etc). Then with me she was nauseated like once the whole time. So there is hope for you to have another pregnancy that is not nearly so bad!

Mel- I got my user name because I'm an absolute math geek (I'm finishing up a degree in math and starting to look into grad school ... yeah, totally NUMB3RS kind of thing), and Julz has been my nickname since high school.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    hey all, sorry I have not been posting much lately.

Sorry you are having rotton days, ronya it seems like you have had quite a string of them :-( Chin up ladies!

My screename came about when I was in 8th grade. The internet was just getting going and I was making an email. My birthday is in june, but of course I wanted it to be super cool so I had to spell it funny. It has just stuck around for the same reason as Rachael's- no one uses it, so it is my username for a ton of different things.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Maria- You are doing great! I hope that you go soon as well. I am glad that your energy is returning and I hope you feel better all around soon. My doctor told me she didn’t really want me walking anymore, which I am sad about… I may walk some just try to cut it down in length.

Mamarandell- We are very close in due dates! I didn’t notice that before.

Julie- I am sorry that is NOT what you need right now with your roof. That has to be very frustrating for you and for DH.

Mel- My screen name is easy :) First name and Middle name.

Rachael- I hope the yoga ball helps you to feel better! I never have tried sitting on one really. It could help!

Julz- aww yea! I love hope for no puking next time.

Rachel- Hi! Hope you are doing well!
  • eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope you will allow me to join your group. I am 38 and currently 9 weeks pregnant with my second child. I gained WAY too much weight during my first pregnancy and had finally started to shed the weight and return to running, which I did regularly for most of my adult life.

I really, really want to keep my weight under control this time around. I am tracking calories and trying to keep running, though that first trimester fatigue is really hurting those efforts.

I would love to be a part of a group with the same goals!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope you will allow me to join your group. I am 38 and currently 9 weeks pregnant with my second child. I gained WAY too much weight during my first pregnancy and had finally started to shed the weight and return to running, which I did regularly for most of my adult life.

I really, really want to keep my weight under control this time around. I am tracking calories and trying to keep running, though that first trimester fatigue is really hurting those efforts.

I would love to be a part of a group with the same goals!

Welcome to the group, just jump right in!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – gripe away, you’re in good company today. Sorry your mom is driving you crazy, just pretty soon Maisie will be here and then she’ll REALLY make you nuts!! :wink: Ugh, I’m sorry about the roof. It’s never a good time for stuff like that to happen, but that is really bad timing.

Danielle – the heat is killing me too I have no problem drinking. I think I’ve had more water in the past few days than I’ve had all year. Oh your poor hubby, I’m sure that’s not a fun job in any weather let alone when it’s hot like this.

Anne – I hope you don’t have it this rough for your second pregnancy. I want to cry when I have a bad day, I don’t think I could do it the whole time like you are.

Maria – Sorry you’re not feeling well, but I’m glad your energy is retuning. Maybe the brownish color was the start of your plug or bloody show?

Mel – mine screen name is the first 3 letters of my name and the date and year I was born.

Eleesee – Welcome!

So my nausea finally went away and was replaced by an insane hunger. I just finished dinner and have almond pound cake baking in the oven, my plan was to take it to work tomorrow but with the way I feel right now hubby will be lucky if he gets a slice. :laugh:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Been attacked by a killer headache. This after taking Tylenol for something else. :sad:
    Hope it goes away quickly.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Mel – mine screen name is the first 3 letters of my name and the date and year I was born.

22 as in Feb 2? I'm 2/1/82
  • bzima
    bzima Posts: 10
    Options
    Worked all day, my feet swollen, and man all I want to do is sleep. But you know how it is when you have to other kids and you really just don't get time to sit and relax at all. And even setting here i am trying so hard to not fall asleep.:yawn:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Evening....

Julie - sorry about the roof, stuff like that is sooo stressful and you have every right to be po'd at the hubby but good call on not pushing him over the edge.....

Welcome more new ladies !!!

Mel - mine might be the oddest so far - it's the noise that my first (long dead) cat used to make. Clearly I invented the spelling of that one :laugh:

Yuk ! to all the bloody shows and plugs and pooping :laugh: :laugh: ( I know, I know, I'll be right there before I know it)

OK, off to eat ice cream now as my treat for going swimming after work .... yum
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I feel a need to point out that Maureen hasn't posted in almost 24 hours!! You better not be toying with us, woman! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ronya- Glad you got your hunger back :) Enjoy your cake!

Julz- oh no! Hope the head ache goes away!

Bethany- One thing I am not looking forward too is being pregnant with other kids! Sounds tough! Hope you get good rest tonight.

Victoria- Great job swimming, enjoy your ice cream!

Julie & Maureen…. Hope you are both having your little ones… or busy doing something fun not thinking about waiting any longer!!