The July Move-It 360 minutes a week challenge

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
July is upon us and and the fireworks are all about you.

Uncle Sam say: "I WANT YOU to wear shorts with confidence? I WANT YOU to look fit and trim in your swimsuit? I WANT YOU to do this challenge.

In 30 days, we NEED to firm and tone up that outer layer and walk around with firm booty's:smokin:

1) WE ARE NOT going to be mushy :noway:
2) Our thighs WILL NOT rub together when we walk :brokenheart:
3) WE WILL make our goals this week :drinker:
4) Things WILL NOT jiggle unless we are dancing and we want them to :smokin:

The goals are:

1) 360 minutes of moving...it doesn't matter what kind you do or how you break it up...I don't care what kind of exercise you do as long as your moving this week. Point is to keep moving and doing something

Shake and Jiggle it! Wiggle or Bump it! Thump and Stomp it! Womp it!! Kick it!! Flick it!!!

- or -

2) Burn 2500 to 3500 calories with a heart rate monitor

OK, who's in for Week #1, if at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back and reporting progress or non-progess...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • NellyBlight
    NellyBlight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Ok..what the hell...this nurse is in!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whhooaaa Yeah I'm in!
  • bodybliss2
    bodybliss2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im in for sure!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome to everyone :flowerforyou: Our week starts tomorrow with exercise...hopefully, you have the day off and will get a good start :bigsmile:

Remember to weigh yourself - or - take measurements
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    This could be fun! I'm in!!!

Yay! I love challenges!

Edited because I re-read the question I asked... duh!
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in...do we message you or do we just track ourselves?? I'm assuming the goal is 360 minutes for the 30 days right??
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm in...do we message you or do we just track ourselves?? I'm assuming the goal is 360 minutes for the 30 days right??

The goal would be for 360 minutes per week; but, you may do less if you can't make the 360 per week

You post your activity everyday...even if it's zero...you have to be accountable

The format would look like this:

Monday, *** minutes, *** calories burned
    Tuesday,
    Wednesday,
    Thursday,
    Friday,
    Saturday
    Sunday

Total: *** minutes, *** calories burned
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    getting back on the wagon and joining this challenge again :) thanks for setting things up again this month :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    getting back on the wagon and joining this challenge again :) thanks for setting things up again this month :)

Sometimes we need a little break and sometimes life gets in the way...thing is, we just keep coming back :wink:
  • arubababy
    arubababy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this/us going!
    Happy 4th of July!

Mon. 7/1: 21 minutes c25k wk4 couldn't keep going felt sick to my stomach, any one else get this way during exercise? Hope to get some swimming done on this hot 4th!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join in this challenge, sounds like a great way to keep me moving through the week!!

Monday, 110 minutes, 75mins at the gym this morning and 35mins on the treadmill tonight, burned 707 calories
    Tuesday,
    Wednesday,
    Thursday,
    Friday,
    Saturday
    Sunday

Total:110
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need this kick in the butt...im in!
  • Terri_39
    Options
    ok, so that's 50 minutes a day....that's very do-able. Ok, so we just post it on this thread??
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    I am in again Kim! Thanks!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    ok, so that's 50 minutes a day....that's very do-able. Ok, so we just post it on this thread??

The goal would be for 360 minutes per week; but, you may do less if you can't make the 360 per week

You post your activity everyday...even if it's zero...you have to be accountable

The format would look like this:

Monday, *** minutes, *** calories burned
    Tuesday,
    Wednesday,
    Thursday,
    Friday,
    Saturday
    Sunday

Total: *** minutes, *** calories burned
  • nisijam5
    Options
    For Monday Week #1

I would like everyone to take their measurements - or - check your weight...you can post here if you want
  • Terri_39
    Options
    Monday=45 minutes Zumba on the Wii-burned 288 calories (I think, I don't think my HRM is very accurate).
    Weight=193 pounds

And, I moved all my furniture and cleaned the floors so that counts, right?? :bigsmile: