Labor day losers July 11th - September 5th (closed group)

Options

Replies

• mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Great job!!!! I did great on my water and exercise, it helped that I had double jobs all week and i helped my parents for 5 hours ripping up there yard, talk about a work out!! Any ways, this week getting the same amount of exercise may be a bit harder for me. Wednesday-Friday I will be working like a mad women to get the rest of my craft stuff made. Then I will be at the craft show all weekend. But I am going to give it my all!
    Week 7/11/11-- 275.5 lbs (weighed actually 7/15)
    Week 7/18/11-- 275.5
    Week 7/25/11-- 274.0
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--
    Total weight loss: __1.5___lbs
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I am 174 over tonight! Guess I have to go on a walk and try and work it off! Oye, this one is going to be tough Latoya!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend with their families & is ready to hit it hard this week!!

Here's my numbers:

Week 7/11/11-- 149.0 lbs
    Week 7/18/11-- 151.2 lbs
    Week 7/25/11-- 148.2 lbs
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--

you are almost to your last 10 pounds!
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--
    Total weight loss: -0.8 lbs

So, I was finally able to get the scale to cooperate this week. I did sprint/jogs/runs using my HRM to max out my heart-rate b/c I read somewhere that it really attacks fat well. Who knows? I just wanted to "ease" back into working out after almost 3 weeks away. I pushed really hard with the exercise and got my calorie burns & water for the week. I am unsure what number I will pick for my daily calories for this week's challenge. I will not be doing Insanity b/c I think it will be too much so soon after my surgery. I usually use whatever number doesn't make my milk supply or energy level too low:wink: What do other people base their daily calorie goals on? just curious

Everyone is doing sooo wonderful! We are ALL in this together and CAN reach our goals!

Mimi, that scale is evil! I must admit to being slightly obsessed with the scale.:blushing: I do not let the number define my mood though. I usually use the scale as extra motivation to push harder with my workouts or eating healthier. We WILL defeat that evil thing! Just as long as we keep making healthy fitness/eating choices, the scale will be forced to agree sooner or later. In the meantime, we all have to think more about the NSVs to keep us motivated...

NSVs:
    Compare how you eat this week to how poorly you ate in the past. (Even WITH the small bag of chips/cookies, it's better than before..)
    Compare how your clothes are fitting this week to how they fit in the past. (Probably even fitting into a smaller size, right?)
    Compare how much more energy you have to play with the children compared to before. (I'll bet you can chase the kiddos without getting as winded now)
    Compare how much more active/fit you are compared to before. (Even 2-3 workouts a week for 20 minutes is better than sitting in front of the television every single day..)

Latoya, keep pushing hard. You are soo great at motivating others, now WE have to keep you motivated!:flowerforyou:

Amanda, super WOW for getting to a "healthy" BMI. Great job!!

Let's all stay focused on the end goal of a healthier/ slimmer version of YOU... We CAN do this!!! Thanks to all my fellow mommies for helping me to stay focused/motivated too.:flowerforyou: You all inspire me to push myself harder...
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Well I am 174 over tonight! Guess I have to go on a walk and try and work it off! Oye, this one is going to be tough Latoya!

lol, yes it is! very tough for me! this probably explains my weight loss stall, lol:embarassed:
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Great job!!!! I did great on my water and exercise, it helped that I had double jobs all week and i helped my parents for 5 hours ripping up there yard, talk about a work out!! Any ways, this week getting the same amount of exercise may be a bit harder for me. Wednesday-Friday I will be working like a mad women to get the rest of my craft stuff made. Then I will be at the craft show all weekend. But I am going to give it my all!
    Week 7/11/11-- 275.5 lbs (weighed actually 7/15)
    Week 7/18/11-- 275.5
    Week 7/25/11-- 274.0
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--
    Total weight loss: __1.5___lbs

good job!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    I know the goal of this challenge is 15 pounds by Labor Day, but i have a new personal Labor day goal...to break the 150's :smile: this will be huge for me, i cant remember not being in the 150's..when i think back to my high school days i remember being a size 9 and in the 150's (of course it looked a little different without the baby tummy and all). I know i can do it I just have to focus. I am focused! :wink: I will start everyday a new and stay within my calores, exercise (at least 1500 calories burned) and drink my water :drinker: ..Love Cola is my inspiration!! Watching her transform from the 150's to the 140's lets me know its possible! :heart:
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    good job ladies:) keep it up!! i need to follow your lead cuz I believe i am the only one to gain and i gained BIG!!! had a good day til last evening and then was not too successful:( i was stressed and irritated. since i got down to the 190s i have been so moody and grouchy off and on......i need to get that to go away so i can focus. todays goal.....stay positive and drink my water.....hope you all have a fantastic day :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I know the goal of this challenge is 15 pounds by Labor Day, but i have a new personal Labor day goal...to break the 150's :smile: this will be huge for me, i cant remember not being in the 150's..when i think back to my high school days i remember being a size 9 and in the 150's (of course it looked a little different without the baby tummy and all). I know i can do it I just have to focus. I am focused! :wink: I will start everyday a new and stay within my calores, exercise (at least 1500 calories burned) and drink my water :drinker: ..Love Cola is my inspiration!! Watching her transform from the 150's to the 140's lets me know its possible! :heart:

You can do it!! Stay focused! I think my goal will be just to get into the 160's; doesn't seem like I"ll every get out of the 170's. I'm changing up my exercise so hopefully that will help some. Keep on the water, calories burned and stay under calory goal!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    good job ladies:) keep it up!! i need to follow your lead cuz I believe i am the only one to gain and i gained BIG!!! had a good day til last evening and then was not too successful:( i was stressed and irritated. since i got down to the 190s i have been so moody and grouchy off and on......i need to get that to go away so i can focus. todays goal.....stay positive and drink my water.....hope you all have a fantastic day :)

You and me both! I have been super irritable and all I want to do it feed it! I'm trying to stay focused though on the goal. We can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • MeliF
    MeliF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job on burning so many calories girls! I am happy to burn 1,000 calories for the week (thanks to walking at work). I am getting more energy (I actually find that the more I walk, the more energy I have)! I just have a hard time working out when I get home - not enough time during the day! :wink:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love that even though our set goals were, 15lbs by labor day, 64oz of water, 3000 cal burn, and stay under cals, that we are each making our own personal goals. It is so nice to have a group of us working together as well as working towards our own goals! Latoya you will break the 150s your doing awesome! I too hope to get out of the 150s! Both times nursing i have never gotten below 152!! Im starting to hate that number! I know I should be happy with the fact that all my prepreg clothes fit, but I tend to be in love with that dang scale number :blushing: So my goals so far, drink 10 glasses/80oz water a day, burn 3000 cals a week, stay under calories everyday(which this weekend will be hard @ a festival in town :frown: ) And get into the 140s! Originally i hoped to get to my prepreg weight of 142, but since i have lost nothing in 3 weeks... I dont see myself losing 10lbs this month. Oh well whatever I lose, I look forward to losing it all with you guys! And heck maybe on labor day Ill start round 3 of the Shred! Shred always gets my scale moving!

Now that I have rambled on, hope you all have a wonderful tuesday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    I love that even though our set goals were, 15lbs by labor day, 64oz of water, 3000 cal burn, and stay under cals, that we are each making our own personal goals. It is so nice to have a group of us working together as well as working towards our own goals! Latoya you will break the 150s your doing awesome! I too hope to get out of the 150s! Both times nursing i have never gotten below 152!! Im starting to hate that number! I know I should be happy with the fact that all my prepreg clothes fit, but I tend to be in love with that dang scale number :blushing: So my goals so far, drink 10 glasses/80oz water a day, burn 3000 cals a week, stay under calories everyday(which this weekend will be hard @ a festival in town :frown: ) And get into the 140s! Originally i hoped to get to my prepreg weight of 142, but since i have lost nothing in 3 weeks... I dont see myself losing 10lbs this month. Oh well whatever I lose, I look forward to losing it all with you guys! And heck maybe on labor day Ill start round 3 of the Shred! Shred always gets my scale moving!

Now that I have rambled on, hope you all have a wonderful tuesday!!! :flowerforyou:

my loss the month was nonexistnent as well:frown: im staying positive though :ohwell: august will bring big change! why dont you start shred again in august?
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

my loss the month was nonexistnent as well:frown: im staying positive though :ohwell: august will bring big change! why dont you start shred again in august?

I considered starting in August, but after 2 rounds so far this summer I really burned myself out. Im going to try to stick with just cardio for a little bit and see what that does for my weight loss. In september my 4 year old starts preschool so 5 days a week Ill have 2 hours with out him home and that will be a great time to get it in. He tends to be distracting when he is home! haha. If you have the dvd Id love to have you join me! It always moves the scale for me! Have you ever done it?
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not too happy with the scale this week....

SW 175.4
    7/18 172.4
    7/25 172.0

I had a feeling this would happen since i lost 6.4 in two weeks. I just hope it doesnt continue this way. I burned 3,939 calories and stayed well within my calories allowed but a loss is a loss and i am hoping to bounce back with a little more next week. Hope all you wonderful mommies have a great week!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

I considered starting in August, but after 2 rounds so far this summer I really burned myself out. Im going to try to stick with just cardio for a little bit and see what that does for my weight loss. In september my 4 year old starts preschool so 5 days a week Ill have 2 hours with out him home and that will be a great time to get it in. He tends to be distracting when he is home! haha. If you have the dvd Id love to have you join me! It always moves the scale for me! Have you ever done it?

Yep; i actually did it when you did your 1st round; its why we added each other as friends :happy: the dvd jumpstarted my weight loss in a big way! I am going to do Ripped in 30 after Insanity.
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Yep; i actually did it when you did your 1st round; its why we added each other as friends :happy: the dvd jumpstarted my weight loss in a big way! I am going to do Ripped in 30 after Insanity.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Not too happy with the scale this week....

SW 175.4
    7/18 172.4
    7/25 172.0

I had a feeling this would happen since i lost 6.4 in two weeks. I just hope it doesnt continue this way. I burned 3,939 calories and stayed well within my calories allowed but a loss is a loss and i am hoping to bounce back with a little more next week. Hope all you wonderful mommies have a great week!!

You are doing amazing! It will peel off; sometimes the scale takes a break, lol, thats my theory anyway!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this thread and I just want to say I love you all!! I dont know any of you personally but you have touched me with your openness and your commitment to your selves. I have been so buried in a cocoon for the last three years of my life and meeting some of you and observing you has been a great motivation and contributing factor to this transformation that I am experiencing! I cannot begin to say how thankful I am for you ladies.. Mommy Challenge was my first and really helped me as I'd just joined MFP... and now, to continue on this with you is amazing! LaToya, you are an awesome woman and I thank you for being you! Nicole (Lovecola), I'm glad I met you!! Reyna, you are special.. and to the rest of you wonderful ladies who I have not interacted with very much or not at all, YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks for being so special... this group is the best!! (for me at least) :happy:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this thread and I just want to say I love you all!! I dont know any of you personally but you have touched me with your openness and your commitment to your selves. I have been so buried in a cocoon for the last three years of my life and meeting some of you and observing you has been a great motivation and contributing factor to this transformation that I am experiencing! I cannot begin to say how thankful I am for you ladies.. Mommy Challenge was my first and really helped me as I'd just joined MFP... and now, to continue on this with you is amazing! LaToya, you are an awesome woman and I thank you for being you! Nicole (Lovecola), I'm glad I met you!! Reyna, you are special.. and to the rest of you wonderful ladies who I have not interacted with very much or not at all, YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks for being so special... this group is the best!! (for me at least) :happy:

I second this! I joined the first mommy challenge and it has been a great addition to my daily routine.. checking out the thread and reading everyone's statuses. I love motivating each other and knowing that someone out there truly understands my journey. I too am thankful for each one of you ladies and yes there are a few of you that really hold a special place in my heart for your consistent efforts, kind words and encouraging efforts day in and day out! tear :heart: :heart:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I second this! I joined the first mommy challenge and it has been a great addition to my daily routine.. checking out the thread and reading everyone's statuses. I love motivating each other and knowing that someone out there truly understands my journey. I too am thankful for each one of you ladies and yes there are a few of you that really hold a special place in my heart for your consistent efforts, kind words and encouraging efforts day in and day out! tear :heart: :heart:

Awww... **hugs** :smile: