Before and After pics 247 to 139 and still going

Options

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    beforeandaftercollage1-1.jpg

Deeply touched by all of the kind posts. Not enough adequate words to express my sincere appreciation. I really didn't have much support while trying to lose the weight.

I wanted to add this collage and say that my son Noah is my true inspiration. Right before I decided to lose the weight for good he was accidentally ran over with a dually extended cab pickup with over 6000 lbs of heavy equipment on it by his father. A COMPLETE ACCIDENT and a very sad day for us. Anyway it crushed Noah's legs mostly his right one and doctors at Children's Mercy in Kansas City were able to restore blood flow so he would not lose his leg. He had to learn to walk again and drug his leg behind him during that time. His doctor said he might never be able to run like a normal child again. Well I'm proud to say that my son is a FIGHTER! He doesn't give up and over time he finally ran again and no longer drug his leg behind him. He made a full 100% recovery!

The entire time I have been on this weight loss journey I have had Noah as my inspiration. I thought if my son can learn to walk again then his mother can lose over 100 lbs.

Thank you Noah for being Mommy's inspiration in life. I am blessed beyond measure to have you as a son.

What an incredible story!! That is true courage and determiniation. If I could have one tenth of that, I'd be home free!! You really are blessed. Good for you for using that experience as a positive journey for a better life!!
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AWESOME!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's definitely needed.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Beautiful inside and out!! What an inspiring story of faith, determination, and love.

Thanks for sharing! I especially loved the tip of 3 more laps! I have 5 blessings, so I guess I have to do 5 extra!:laugh:

D
  • Leaf
    Leaf Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post. It's just what I needed today. You are amazing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job and thanks for sharing!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Wow you look Amaing!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thank you Noah for being Mommy's inspiration in life. I am blessed beyond measure to have you as a son.

What a strong little man and mom!! That's 2 days in a row you have inspired me!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a transformation. U look beautiful! Tnx for sharing
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    0715111515.jpg

7-15-11

For the person who asked about sagging skin... here is a pic I took today and I hope it helps to show you what I mean about the ab area. That is really the only trouble spot I have and I am hoping with more ab exercises and getting down to 125 I will see a huge improvement. My goal is to take a bikini pic by end of August.

I think a lot of it is genetics as far as the ability for the skin to bounce back after a large weight gain.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring and way to go mommy!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx sailorsbabydoll! I just want to show people that it can be done. I have done it the old fashioned way and that's the only way that works. You have to make a complete and total lifestyle change. I get sooooo sad when I see someone new start at the gym that is very overweight and they come for one or two weeks then never come back. You have to be in it for the long haul.
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You made me want to get off the couch and get a workout in! Thank you!:heart:
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible! What an inspiration, congratulations!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    skschuler... I LOVE and I mean LOVE hearing that!!!!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What an awesome inspiring story!!! I am in tears right now reading all your post...Your son and you are such strong people!!!
    So proud of both of you :)
    Love the collage of pictures!!!
  • mommy2boysaz
    mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request, and then read your post about your son, Noah. What an amazing family you have!
    So wonderful that you were able to take so much good from such a tragic accident. So glad your little man has healed!

Thank you for sharing your story and allowing your son (and yourself!) to be an inspiration to so many others.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    TY shellbell1993! I had to hit rock bottom. I really did. It's sad that sometimes it takes heaven shaking us to our very core to wake us up but I believe in a loving God who knows what is best for His children. And Lori being 247 lbs was not in the best interest of her children or for herself. I believe everything happens for a reason. It might be extremely painful as we go through it but He allows it because He disciplines those He loves. He had to shake the foundations of my life to get me to realize that life is too short to stay overweight and I need to be sincerely thankful for each day. As you can tell my faith has gotten me through this. I am nothing without my Lord, absolutely nothing. I take NOTHING for granted in life anymore.

BTW right after my son was ran over the man who adopted me at age 7 died in his sleep at age 59. He was not taking care of himself. He was eating way too much fast food and carrying too much extra weight. He was the most amazing father you could ever imagine. Yes God really had to take a baseball bat to my life to wake this girl up. It worked.

Have a blessed weekend.

Lori
    Proverbs 3:5-6
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    Such an inspiration, Im so glad I clicked on this thread to read. You deserve all the happiness that comes your way, and I know there will be a lot more in your future!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Someone who read this thread reminded me of a song: There Could Never Be A More Beautiful You. THANK YOU!

More Beautiful You lyrics
    Songwriters: Diaz, Jonny; York, Kate;

Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
    Says she wants to look that way
    But her hair isn't straight, her body isn't fake
    And she's always felt overweight

Well, little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
    That beauty is within your heart
    And you were made with such care, your skin, your body and your hair
    Are perfect just the way they are

There could never be a more beautiful you
    Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops, they make you jump through
    You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
    So there could never be a more beautiful you

Little girl twenty one the things that you've already done
    Anything to get ahead
    And you say you've got a man but He's got another plan
    Only wants what you will do instead

Well, little girl twenty one you never thought that this would come
    You starve yourself to play the part
    But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
    And He'll treat you like the jewel you are

[ From : http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/jonny-diaz-lyrics/more-beautiful-you-lyrics.html ]
    So there could never be a more beautiful you, more beautiful you

So turn around you're not too far
    To back away be who you are
    To change your path go another way
    It's not too late, you can be saved
    If you feel depressed with past regrets
    The shameful nights hope to forget
    Can disappear, they can all be washed away

By the one who's strong, can right your wrongs
    Can rid your fears dry, all your tears
    And change the way you look at this big world
    He will take your dark distorted view
    And with His light, He will show you truth
    And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl

That there could never be a more beautiful you
    So there could never be a more beautiful you
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great job! And for the record, Prov. 3:5-6 is one of my favorite passages of Scripture and one of the first ones I ever memorized. Congrats on the success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!