Before and After pics 247 to 139 and still going

Options

Replies

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx BobbyDaniel. I had a girlfriend laser etch Proverbs 3:5-6 onto massive 8ft long boards for me so I could put them on the wall and just have the verse basically scream at me and remind me "Trust Him Lori, just Trust... doesn't matter if you don't understand why... just gotta trust Him." Really helps on the rough days.
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    TY shellbell1993! I had to hit rock bottom. I really did. It's sad that sometimes it takes heaven shaking us to our very core to wake us up but I believe in a loving God who knows what is best for His children. And Lori being 247 lbs was not in the best interest of her children or for herself. I believe everything happens for a reason. It might be extremely painful as we go through it but He allows it because He disciplines those He loves. He had to shake the foundations of my life to get me to realize that life is too short to stay overweight and I need to be sincerely thankful for each day. As you can tell my faith has gotten me through this. I am nothing without my Lord, absolutely nothing. I take NOTHING for granted in life anymore.

BTW right after my son was ran over the man who adopted me at age 7 died in his sleep at age 59. He was not taking care of himself. He was eating way too much fast food and carrying too much extra weight. He was the most amazing father you could ever imagine. Yes God really had to take a baseball bat to my life to wake this girl up. It worked.

Have a blessed weekend.

Lori
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This is so so TRUE!!! He has gotten me through so much and (your right) I am nothing without HIM!!!!
    My fav is Psalm 23

Shell
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    110lblosscollage-2.jpg

Today i finally reached 110 lbs lost. To celebrate I bought size 3/5 fuzzy pj shorts and made a collage of me wearing them!!! 12 more pounds to go!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    WOW you're such an inspiration to me and Im sure many others here. You look fabulous !! I bet your ex regrets losing you now huh :wink: Congrats on losing all that weight!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration!! Well done! I'm about the same height as you, and started about the same weight also! Thanks so much for posting your pictures, they give me something to look forward to!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow you have done a fantastic job. you look amazing.
    sorry you had to go through what you did in order to get to this point but thank you so much for posting you are a real inspiration.
  • kcsmalley
    kcsmalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice work. It does not even look like you before. Keep it up.
  • thinkskinnythoughts
    thinkskinnythoughts Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss. Keep up the good work! Quick question: What are some of your favorite excersises? Do you have any favorite healthy meals?
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats u are doing great!!!!!!! U motivate me more!!!!!!
  • Darian21
    Darian21 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job! I definitely needed to read something like this today..Thanks!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thinkskinny asked: "Congrats on your weightloss. Keep up the good work! Quick question: What are some of your favorite excersises? Do you have any favorite healthy meals?"

YES!!! I LOVE cardio kickboxing, step cardio, pilates, the elliptical machine and running (although I am slow)!

I do a lot of dvds and I HIGHLY recommend all of the 10 Minute Solution ones. The first time I attended a step class with a group I could only last 10 min. The 10 Minute Solution dvds are wonderful because they have 5 mix and match workouts each 10 min long and you can create your own workout. My biggest advice is make exercise FUN. If you get bored with something then move on to something else don't just quit working out. If it's not fun you won't stick with it. All of the Caribbean Workout dvds that Shelly McDonald puts out are excellent as well.

Favorite meals? Hmmm I try to eat as many fresh veggies as I possible can each day. I will eat some raw and if I cook them I make a huge pan of brocolli, asparagus, carrots etc and at the very end sprinkle with some brown sugar and it's YUMMMMM. I also dice up a very small chicken breast and toss in the pan at the end or a tilapia fillet.

I try to eat every 2-3 hours. ALWAYS keep snacks handy that are healthy. I love prunes, Emerald nuts 100 calorie almond packs in roasted dark chocolate and baby carrots.

Thank you for all of the encouraging words!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Oh and my food diary is public so please feel free to look at it if you wonder what I eat! I also aim for 60-90 min of exercise at least 6 days a week.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    0720111354.jpg

A typical lunch for me: 97% lean turkery burger on a Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat sandwich thin topped with fresh baby spinach and tomatoes. Then the rest of my plate is loaded down with green peppers, cucumber, more spinach, baby carrots etc.

I feel unbelievably FULL after a lunch like this.
  • ahunt888
    ahunt888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so fantastic!!! So pretty and so much younger. And your lunch looks really delicious.
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It really is an inspiration!!! You look amazing!!!
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and great job!

Whitney

Phillipians 4:13
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look great, awesome job!
  • Ms_Blondie
    Ms_Blondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!
  • winn1976
    winn1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing ur story, that was really encouraging. I was just feeling down about how hard i have been working morning and evening and eating right and feels like my clothes are getting tighter ugh. I wanted to make today my last day I said I was tired of waking up early and spending my evenings working out. But a little motivation sometimes goes a long way, thanks. I once weighed 175 lost got down to 147 and just recently gained almost most of it back now weighing 166LBS at 4'10", i will keep it moving. Have learned how to get fancy in the kitchen (LOL) something besides fried chicken, little green beans to go with my bacon and homemade mac n cheese. So God bless u and stay encouraging urself and others. 1Sam 30:6
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow, Amen! You are strong, beautiful and such an inspiration; great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!