Challenge of the Living Dead - TEAM EXPLOSIVES! [CLOSED]

Options

Replies

• athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm so glad you guys like it!!!!!! ('cause you know I do all of this stuff for you all) I finally realize why they asked me to be captain...it's because of my zombie knowledge....NOT my writing skills.

I've been thinking since week 1 we needed a nutritional challenge (seeing as in Zombie-lore, the first think survivors do is look for weapons, shelter and food) and since something (personal) has come up with ACowboyKid this week and she wasn't able to post anything I volunteered :)

Since it's a short week and we've just done 4 weeks of fitness, it seemed perfect. Maybe we'll do another one closer to the end that is more intense like no cheat days, and at least one day you have to eat fast food for one meal, or something crazy like that. I don't know....I'll have to think about it.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hey team!!!! I'm finally back home and hopefully getting back on track. Plus my foot it feeling a lot better, I'm glad this week is a food week so it can rest a bit.

I'm tracking Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein/Sodium. My food so far this week has been crappy...road trip and coming home to a house with no food, but it'll get better. My mini goal will be to do 3 miles on the elliptical (total for the week-keeping it light for the foot) and to buy a scale for my house ;)

Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for the challenge captain!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've been doin great on challenge...but last night I got real sick and had to take tums and it made me go over carbs ;-( its my TOM week so I've lost quite a bit of weight...like over 5lbs..
  • babybluz33
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? Our team is much quieter this week! Hope you are all doing well :)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! How did you guys do on this week's challenge?? I managed to score us 14/16 points (one day went over sodium and fat ... that's what happens when you eat out!) and I completed my personal challenge of doing at least 4 strength exercises a day.

I must admit, this has been one of my favorite challenges yet. It has made me very aware of my sodium levels and how that effects my weight the next day. Tomorrow starts me going to Zumba 3x a week instead of 2x a week, so I'm hoping that extra day of oomph will help shake things up for my body. Its with a different instructor too, so I won't even be doing the same dances/moves. I'm super excited.

I weighed in at 204.4 (down 1.8 lbs from last week). This is actually my weigh in from Friday, as yesterday I started TOM so today I'm crazy bloated and retaining tons of water so I'm not even going to step on the scale till its over for the month.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Does today count as well for the challenge, or was it Wed-Sat? I'm only down 1 point so far, I went over in fat on Wed-not surprising since I was on the road and had fast food twice :( I'm actually down 4.9 lbs to 168.9, yay!! My shorts are falling down when I run, this is so exciting! I also completed my mini challenge of 3 miles, and am happy to report that my foot feels 100% now!

Scantrll, just saw the challenge you posted and it looks awesome. I'm debating joining...I just don't want to over do it with challenges. I'm in this one and another (Mission Slimpossible) starts tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well so you do it again between Halloween and Christmas so I can join in! ;)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Just walked in the door from my mini-vaca at Motherinlaw's house. Gonna get caught up tomorrow and see what's up.

Go Team Explosives
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Am I missin somethin? Y is it 0/16points, im assuming 4pnts a day for 5days, that's 20points. Well minus my stupidity, I did all 6 days (24points? Or is it 16? Lol), with under everything, EXCEPT thursday where I had to take tums and it put me over carbs. That is the only time I was over anything, medicine sucks!! I wish it didn't have to have that crap in it.

My goal was 16cups of water a day, which I did 20 a day, except fri/sat where I had stomach flu, and did 8 to 12cups. Can my excess water from the other days roll over, like at&t minutes? Lol.

I weighed 261 last weigh in. Today I was 254.8, so 6.2lbs. TOM I always lose a ton. What day did we start this? I weight 270 1st day; 15lbs sounds like a good number, but maybe more time has went by than I realize?

I know check ins suppose to be at 9pm est, but that's 6pm here and I hadnt even ate dinner by that point, let alone my night snack that I just ate half an hour ago, so I don't see how I could've reported any earlier, even if something hadn't come up. Today I discovered one of my good friends since junior high has been stealing alot of money from people and my evening was wrapped around hearing from her victims and trying to figure out what is going on, so I couldn't exactly worry about time for my zombie competition tonight lol. I hope my good week wont be penalized by time :-(
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Ok guys. I am going to exit stage left. I still think there is fun to be had with this challenge but I need more interaction and we seem to have scattered.
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Ok guys. I am going to exit stage left. I still think there is fun to be had with this challenge but I need more interaction and we seem to have scattered.

Ive been keeping up with the team via statuses vs in the forum (im a phone user, its hard to go back and forth between this forum and my main page, so i just stay on my main page and rarely go anywhere else); people have been busier this week as well as gone (vacations and what not), etc. ive been dreadfully sick for 2.5 days this week and busy the rest. and we are also down several team members and trying to find replacements; which is why its quieter as well. theres, what, like 8 of us now or some low number?
  • babybluz33
    Options

Noooooo don't go! I'm still here...just got back from vacation!!!!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

OK TEAM EXPLOSIVES....The Zombies Have Ravished This Chalenge!!!!

They Took The Other Team's Captains & Some Of Your Teammates Too...
    But Those Of You That Remain Are Fighters And YOU WILL SURVIVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!

With All The Changes Happening...I'd Like To Get A Roll Call For Your Team.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * IMPORTANT * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    IF YOU ARE STILL PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE...
    AND THE ZOMBIES HAVEN'T GOTTEN YOU...
    PLEASE POST HERE AND LET US KNOW YOU ARE ALIVE!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks For Your Patience During These Transitions!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yup still here. Still kickin' some zombie butt! :smile:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    The zombies will never take me down!!!!!
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    hay guys still here! just been super busy this week was sick at the start then had my sons 1st birthday so yeah sorry i havent been on much =(.
    hope evy1s doing good.
    :bigsmile:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    MISSING A SPREADSHEET????

I made a (mostly) blank one from mine! Please do not enter your data directly to this link as multiple people may be accessing it. You can make your own from it by doing the following: FILE---> Make a copy... ---> Rename with your username instead of YOUR NAME HERE. Once you do that you can go back through (in your newly renamed file) and add your old data if you want, but make sure to at least put your name and starting weight at the top!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmQH_QpHaqOUdFRXU180VjF4ZjhkT2dMbEFYWjFzRmc#gid=0

~Michele :explode: (I'll repost this in the other forums as well!)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Crap - did I decide to exit one day too soon?
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Crap - did I decide to exit one day too soon?

It's not too late to come back!!!! Don't go :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    OK the zombies almost ate me - but I broke free without a bite. Let's see how much zombie but we can kick!

Go Team :explode:
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    OK the zombies almost ate me - but I broke free without a bite. Let's see how much zombie but we can kick!

Go Team :explode:

hahahaha good ta see the zombies didnt eat you for dinner =):laugh:
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: