**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    BTW any suggestions for tomorrow? It is supposed to be yoga but the yoga I didn't like and it was pretty long which is hard to work in between my nightshifts. Think I could swap out cardio x again? Add plyo? Or just suffer through the yoga and not sleep enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am motivated!
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    Shoulders, arms and ARX complete! I like this workout, its tough but a nice break from cardio. I still hate ARX though!! Lol. Not looking forward to yoga tomorrow, so long hope I can fit it in!! The next few days will be pretty busy for me. Well great job everyone!!!! :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Just went out and bought some new fitness equipment this morning: heavier dumbbells, wrist/ankle weights and push-up bars. I can't wait to try out the wrist weights with Kenpo tomorrow, I'm hoping that will up the intensity quite a bit. I already tried out the push-up bars and they're amazing, I love how much lower you can go and how much better my wrists feel.

Oh and for people wondering about Yoga X, I think it's totally fine to occasionally swap out Yoga for something else. I personally like to use other Yoga DVDs so I don't miss out completely on the yoga. If you want to stick with Tony Horton, his One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga is about 50 minutes long and really great.
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP Friends!

Week 2, Day 4, Shoulders and Arms Done, Ab ripper X pending (I will have to do this late tonight). I felt pretty good about this workout. It's one of my favorites. I need to invest in heavier weights and pay closer attention to my diet to see the results that I'm looking for.

Week 2 is almost over . YEAH!!

Enjoy this terrific Thursday. Make it a GREAT day!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Arms & Shoulders / ARX done today!!

completely missed a workout yesterday, but I felt like I just needed a rest day. Have a good day everyone!!
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Arms & Shoulders / ARX done today!!

completely missed a workout yesterday, but I felt like I just needed a rest day. Have a good day everyone!!

Same here, I had a stomach buy yesterday and my body said to REST, but I'm all pumped up for ARX, Shoulders & Arms :)
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4: Shoulders & Arms, ARX DONE
  • kellycasey5
    Options
    Woke up tired today and didn't sleep well. Did 35 minutes of Yoga X which was enough to have me shaking in the arms and legs and I really felt it in the arms and back (still sore from yesterdays ab ripper and chest/back). Next time I will aim for 45 minutes as a goal! I think I am just not quite strong enough yet. I will get there. I may need to start with a beginners yoga series to build up to this because the moves seem advanced to me! Best part....my two favorite workouts are coming up the next two days! YAY!
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    Sooo today was supposed to be Yoga x. But instead I went to the gym for an hour after work and then came home and did cardio x instead. Part was due to time and part was due to my dislike of yoga x. I got a great workout in overall though, burning over 800 calories!! Looks like everyone else is doing great!! See you tomorrow!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Cardio X complete!!!! Ready for rest week!!!!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 6: Kenpo X completed. The first week I hated this workout, struggled all the way through, second week I subbed it out for Insanity, third and fourth weeks I tried again and slowly got better, and now I LOVE KENPO! I honestly never thought I'd say that, but I think I've finally got the hang of it. It took me awhile to figure out the rhythm of everything, but I finally made it through the whole workout without hitting myself! I added 1kg wrist weights to both of my arms for the workout and that totally upped the intensity in an amazing way, especially the jumping jacks during the "break". I'm thinking of buying some heavier wrist weights or a second set of 1kg weights to add to my ankles for the kicks.

Tomorrow is Rest day so I'm gonna do X Stretch and probably go for a run or do some Bodyrock workout.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    Plyo done today!! I'm kinda off schedule this week, as long as I get them all in that makes me happy!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    took my rest day today ....don't have time!!!
  • Melslifestylechange
    Options
    It took a lot of praying and all the will power that I had to do today's workout. Week 2, Day 5, Shoulders, arms, and ab ripper X DONE! It's been an extremely tough week and I am so looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow is Kenpo and I'll be ready to bring it!
  • kellycasey5
    Options
    Woo hoo! Legs and Back/ Ab Ripper X done! That means tomorrow is my favorite! Kenpo X! And today I think I was better with the ab ripper! Not as many breaks and not as many modifications! Can't wait till my 30 day check in! Nice job everyone!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    arms, shoulders, ab ripper X complete!!!! Ready for the weekend!!!
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    Back & Shoulders/ ARX complete!! I really wasn't feeling it and debated on just taking a nap, but I forced myself to do it and am SOOOOO GLAD b/c I feel awesome now!!!!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Week 4/recovery week complete! Yay! Monday back at it for week 5
  • Melslifestylechange
    Options
    So happy to have completed Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X which I had to make up from earlier this week.

Week 2 Day 6 Done! I felt that week 2 was harder than week 1 but Idid it.

Looking forward to bringing it in week 3.
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will be using P90X in conjunction with my running, cycling and I am thinking of getting TurboFire. Working up a sweat is awesome. I did legs and back last night.