DITR Round4 Week1

Options

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday : whats your motivation? whether it be a celebrity body, a friend, or even just because you want to feel good for yourself... what motivates you to keep going when it gets tough?

My motivation is looking in the mirror. I can't stand the way I look and I want to change it! I want to take pictures with my family and my kids and actually LIKE them and WANT to display them for everyone to see. I want to walk out in public and NOT care if anyone looks at me. I want to to go out with my friends and not feel like I'm bigger than them. I want to go out with my husband and feel like he is proud to be with me (he already is, but I don't feel that way because i have terrible self-esteem issues). I want to take my kids to the pool and not feel self conscious about my body. That's my motivation.. to have an all around better outlook on life once I'm at my goal weight. I know so much about me will change into the person that I want to be!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    I was always very athletic until I had my third child. My motivation is to get back to being healthy and strong enough to run 5 miles a day and bicycle for a couple of hours whenever I feel like it. I had become so isolated because of all the extra weight I'm carrying around and I forgot how much I love to be active and outdoors! My boys are all athletic and I would love to keep up with them again. Right now my son, Wyatt is playing football in high school. He works out every day, he runs, he lifts, and he encourages me to do the same. I promised him I would be his weight by this time next year and I will not let him down! He weighed 165 a few weeks ago and that is my goal weight.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have always been fat and self concious even as a baby I was massive. So I want to see if there is a slim person in me somewhere. More than that though I want to be able to keep up with my children and set a good example to them.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    I have always been fat and self concious even as a baby I was massive. So I want to see if there is a slim person in me somewhere. More than that though I want to be able to keep up with my children and set a good example to them.

Me too. I weighed 10lbs & 4.5 oz when I was born! And I always had a big belly. I know there is a slim person in both of us...we just have to find her! I don't have children yet, but I want the same thing.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    BTW...................GGGGGGGOOOOOOOO YYYYEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, I haven't been able to check in because we were in the middle of a move and unexpectedly had no internet for awhile. I'm going to go through and read what I've missed and check in later today. Hope everyone's having a good week so far.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    QOTD Thursday : whats your motivation? whether it be a celebrity body, a friend, or even just because you want to feel good for yourself... what motivates you to keep going when it gets tough?

great question...I have many things that keep me motivated when things get rough!
    I want to prove others wrong and let them know that I can meet and do anything I set my mind to!
    I want to inspire others and be able to say "if I can do it, anyone can"
    I want to be as healthy as possible, no more foot or ankle pain and feel strong
    now the good stuff....
    I want to wear a 2 piece bikini in public and look like the baddest chic on the beach
    I want to be the sexiest teacher at my school
    I want to walk around in a minimal amount of clothes and look great in it
    I want to be able to walk around the house naked and not feel self conscious
    I want to look in the mirror and love my curves (not rolls of fat) but curves, I'm getting there day by day
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my health. My mom has so many health issues that in one way or another are related to her weight. I don't want to have all those issues and go through all that pain. I want to be around for my kids and be active in their lives. I also want to feel good about the way I look but my number one motivation is to live a long and healthy life:drinker:
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

great question...I have many things that keep me motivated when things get rough!
    I want to prove others wrong and let them know that I can meet and do anything I set my mind to!
    I want to inspire others and be able to say "if I can do it, anyone can"
    I want to be as healthy as possible, no more foot or ankle pain and feel strong
    now the good stuff....
    I want to wear a 2 piece bikini in public and look like the baddest chic on the beach
    I want to be the sexiest teacher at my school
    I want to walk around in a minimal amount of clothes and look great in it
    I want to be able to walk around the house naked and not feel self conscious
    I want to look in the mirror and love my curves (not rolls of fat) but curves, I'm getting there day by day

luvd the way U explained GOOD LUCK
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    Yea MEDIA inspires & motivates me - Girls with nice curves & beautiful figures push me to PUSH MYSELF:grumble:

Then comes the after affects of Exercise & I feel Strong & better that makes me do it more & more

wana set example for people around me
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think its my turn for QOTD (sorry if its not)

My motivation is to finally feel better about myself. I don't like the way I look, and I can't wait to finally be comfortable with my body. I want to go to my favorite stores and know that I can fit into anything, and I want to finally own a bikini and actually wear it. Plus, I have mentioned this a few times before, but if/when I get a guy, I want him to be able to lift me without killing himself!! I also want to be as healthy as possible because I want a family, and I want to be a good role model for being healthy, and making sure my kids will be healthy!
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    WE ARE WHAT WE REPEATEDLY DO.
    EXCELLENCE, THEN, IS NOT AN ACT BUT A HABIT
    ARISTOTLE
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    for me its my kids, I didn't want my girls to be embarrised by me collect them from school.
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My health and my family motivate me to eat well and be active. I want to live an healthy and happy life. I want to be proud of how I look and I want my family to be proud of me too.

My friends on mfp are great inspirations! I appreciate you all!!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD ~ What are you doing for exercise this summer?

I am going to re-start 30DS and C25k. =)

My motivations are:
    My sons
    My husband
    Size 8 pants
    More energy
    My dad died at 33 of a heart attack. I don't want to follow suit.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    This is kind of random...but I just took some 'before' photos of myself in swimsuits. OMG...I have a lot or work to do!!! It was all bad, but the back fat was the worst! I've got to get fit!
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

My motivation is my family and friends. I want my husband to be able to wrap his arms completely around me, not just finger tips touching. I don't want my daughters to go through the teasing and humiliation that I had to go through during school. I want to be able to go to my 15 year school reunion and no one recognize me! Also, the fact that we went to a waterpark the other weekend and my husband took a picture of me playing with the girls.........EWWWWWWWW Talk about beached whale...if that wasn't motivation, I don't know what is! LOL
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    This is kind of random...but I just took some 'before' photos of myself in swimsuits. OMG...I have a lot or work to do!!! It was all bad, but the back fat was the worst! I've got to get fit!

Fight the good fight my yellow sister! I turn to my SO at least once a day and ask if the backfat is gone yet - so far no, it is not.

EWWWWWWWW Talk about beached whale...if that wasn't motivation, I don't know what is! LOL

My mom took a picture of me lying on the beach that was like that and gave it to me, and I did not appreciate it - she did it deliberately to let me know how fat I looked. Thanks Mom, I knew I was fat and I wanted to wear the 2 piece anyway, and I wanted to lie on the goddamn beach in it anyway.

Anyway for my answer:

It hasn't really been tough yet. Its been easy-ish. Even this week when I think i am not going to be able to log any weight loss (glares at scale) its been easyish. I have done some kind of exercise every day which is just amazing and I've been eating better if not always the best. So my motivation has been that I haven't had to do much to lose weight and be in better shape.
    Well. Other than dedicate an hour every day to exercise but I am really enjoying it so thats no hardship.

I didn't have a soda habit to kick and I didn't have any special unhealthy meals or foods I used to cook -- I eat out almost entirely (or prepared foods at home) so even though people talk about the evils of restaurant calories, I've found it easier. I just don't eat the free chips or bread they bring out (or I do it moderation) and I eat less or make healthier choices or a combination of the 2.

I imagine at some point I will need to do something more extreme but right now I get to eat 1500 calories a day and that's working for me.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that i'm hopefully starting a psychiatric nursing course in Jan and i dont want to be the fat one. I've been the fat one since starting secondary school (at eleven). I want to be a good role model for my patients and younger sisters. I want to feel confident when i'm out, to be able to go swimming again, my asthma to be mere controllable, my joint probles to get better. There's so much out there that i want to be able to do and that is what keeps me going.

It might sound a bit vain but...I'd like to be hit on at least once by someone. :blushing:
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Finally getting healthy - I've got my starting picture where I can check it out any time and know I do not want to be there EVER again. The way I feel when I work out is also highly motivating. Realizing I can physically push myself much further (lift more, move faster etc.) than I could weeks, months, days ago is also highly motivating.