• Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY

GO PINKS GOOOOOOOOOOO:drinker:
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    OK....I'm a little lost today...where do we weigh in at? I lost two pounds this week...I am now at 177....and also....where is our QOTD for today? Maybe I'm up too early or I'm in a different time zone than everyone else LOL

GO PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 117
    Options
    OK....I'm a little lost today...where do we weigh in at? I lost two pounds this week...I am now at 177....and also....where is our QOTD for today? Maybe I'm up too early or I'm in a different time zone than everyone else LOL

I have not idea with QOTD is. Check the DITR blog for the weigh in link:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DiamondsInTheRough
    Just scroll down a bit and you'll see a link for weigh in.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options

Go to the DITR blog and scroll down until you see weigh in and click on it. Then just record your weight.

Does anyone know when we will know the results?

GOOOOO YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Pink team has some seriously dedicated players! We've got this girls:drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the question of the day assignment and its Brit's day. She has been super busy lately but I'm sure she'll post... no worries:wink:
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Alright, I am soooooo behind on everything. I'm so sorry, I had no idea I would have so much going on this week and such little opportunity to get on the computer.

Friday's QOTD: Who has been the most inspirational/motivating person to you since you started trying to improve your health and why?

The most motivating person in my life has been my husband. He's never given me a hard time about eating different foods or needing to work out. He always offers to watch the kids or do whatever he can to make sure that I have time to get a workout in if I need to. And he pushes me a little bit when I'm having a hard time keeping on track myself.
  • journey2size10
    Options

luvd the way U explained GOOD LUCK

THANKS DOLL, and good luck to you with your goals as well!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    This is kind of random...but I just took some 'before' photos of myself in swimsuits. OMG...I have a lot or work to do!!! It was all bad, but the back fat was the worst! I've got to get fit!

pics are always eye opening and videos are even better for me! I think it's a good idea with the swimsuits as you can actually "see" what you're working with and know what to work on as opposed to being fully covered up! You are making the changes and doing great my friend, keep it up and I find posting those pics are highly motivating also...good luck!!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Friday's QOTD: Who has been the most inspirational/motivating person to you since you started trying to improve your health and why?

The most motivating person in my life has been my husband. He's never given me a hard time about eating different foods or needing to work out. He always offers to watch the kids or do whatever he can to make sure that I have time to get a workout in if I need to. And he pushes me a little bit when I'm having a hard time keeping on track myself.

That is so awesome. I would have to say that my husband is also my biggest motivator, however, at times he can also be my biggest enabler. And vice versa.

I also have a MFP friend Brenda that is one of my biggest inspirations and motivators right now. She is always consistent in her efforts to being healthy, she checks in on me and encourages me, she also threatens me with her steel toe boots when I need a kick. lol
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    This is kind of random...but I just took some 'before' photos of myself in swimsuits. OMG...I have a lot or work to do!!! It was all bad, but the back fat was the worst! I've got to get fit!

pics are always eye opening and videos are even better for me! I think it's a good idea with the swimsuits as you can actually "see" what you're working with and know what to work on as opposed to being fully covered up! You are making the changes and doing great my friend, keep it up and I find posting those pics are highly motivating also...good luck!!

I agree. That's why I chose the swimsuits. Before I tried to take pics by wearing work out clothes and lifting my shirt. That didn't show very much and I couldn't see my back. I thought this way it puts it all out there. Besides these are swimsuits that I would love to fit into eventually so that will help me see how far I've come. I will post them eventually, but not until I see some progress. I'm too embarassed to post them now.
  • journey2size10
    Options

I'm gonna answer this honestly, y'all and say noone.
    I've had friends and family go through positive changes with me since I started and they all stopped and haven't been consistent.
    I've relatively new to mfp and have friends on here, but have not formed any close relationships (yet), the friends I do have on here do keep me going when times get rough as I see them pushing out the workouts day in and day out, so that is motivating..but honestly the most inspirational/motivating person is MYSELF.. I have to keep myself going when times are easy and times are rough, cuz noone else can do it for me. that sucks but I'm being honest. :tongue:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Does anyone know when we will know the results?

Results are typically published Monday morning on the weekly topic thread. I have seen some amazing losses Diamonds! Those Dolls and LD don't stand a chance.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options

When I initially began losing weight my friends' and family's accolades were very motivating, but now that the weight loss is slowing there are not many comments (which I am fine with). My DITR partner Molly is a big inspiration to me. Knowing that someone other than myself is looking at what I have eaten and if I met my exercise goal sometimes is the extra little push I need.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

there is a core group of us at work who are working on this and have been over the last 4 months. Several have dropped but the core group is still quite involved and very competetive. Two of us from the group have been doing the half marathon training too, so we're constantly comparing how it's going, which has made a tremendous difference in keeping me on track! My forever "skinny" sister also has been terrific! She's not just working with me on the running but we also chat on balance too when needed!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

I don't have an answer for this:blushing: Maybe if I did, I wouldn't be struggling so much with my motivation.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello Diamonds!!! I am seeing some big numbers this morning!!! Keep them coming!

I sent out an e-mail, let me know if any of you did not receive it.
    QOTD Thursday : whats your motivation? whether it be a celebrity body, a friend, or even just because you want to feel good for yourself... what motivates you to keep going when it gets tough?

I hope this works I have never posted a picture before.

Dun...dun...dunnnn...
    motivation.jpg

I saw this posted on one of the other forums and ever since I have secretly checked it out almost every day. THIS is what I want, a STRONG yet SOFT body.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Alright, I am soooooo behind on everything. I'm so sorry, I had no idea I would have so much going on this week and such little opportunity to get on the computer.

Thanks Brit for your question! I know you are VERY busy right now, so I appreciate you making it on here today!! Great Dedication!

My biggest motivator is my diamond partner Karmiene! Her and I signed up at the same time, and somehow found one another (I think it must be fate haha) We have been messaging back and forth almost everyday since! She is so crazy motivating for me, and I absolutely adore her. Not a doubt in my mind that she is the one getting me through this...pushing all the way!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    The most inspirational motivating person for me has been my son, Wyatt. Last year, he weighed 235 pounds. Now, he is a slim 165 pounds, he runs every day and works out on the bowflex to build his upper body. Every day he tells me I can do anything I want to do. I checks my attitude by asking questions, and observes my reactions to things. He tells me I'm going to have an excellent day and I usually do because of his positive outlook on life. I have a picture of him in my photos (zombie shirt).
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I don't get much motivation from my partner he is very threatened by my weightloss so seems to try and derail it at every chance. Luckily I'm pretty stuborn most of the time and if I set my mind to something I'm going to do it no matter what anyone else says

I would say my main motivation comes from my friends on here some of them I have known from the start and they just seem to get me and help me get back on track when I can't see a point anymore. Oh and I also have my brother who I didn't know was on here to start with I would never have suspected he would be one of my main motivators but he is.

On a different note I've seen loads of great losses everyone is doing so well! But please don't be to upset when the pinks win!