SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Options

Replies

• bennight72
    Options
    Hello All! I'm so excited to get to be on this team. :)

"What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude? "

Mine, honestly, is that I work (no lie) 5 jobs right now. When I get home, I literally don't want to do anything other than just veg out in front of the tv and often will grab fast food or something frozen to eat. I'm in the process of starting to stop myself by being involved with MFP and trying to make better choices w/ my eating. It's hard, but at the same time it's something I know I have to do.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options

"What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude? "

Mine, honestly, is that I work (no lie) 5 jobs right now. When I get home, I literally don't want to do anything other than just veg out in front of the tv and often will grab fast food or something frozen to eat. I'm in the process of starting to stop myself by being involved with MFP and trying to make better choices w/ my eating. It's hard, but at the same time it's something I know I have to do.

Welcome to the team! We are happy to have you!!!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options

Found the answer!
    The burpee or up down is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in five steps:

1.Begin in a standing position.
    2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
    3.Kick your feet back while lowering yourself with a pushup.
    4.Return your feet to the squat position while straightening your arms.
    5.Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump)

Thanks! :-) Those sound challenging!
  • lprunty
    Options

Welcome to the team!!! :-)
  • lprunty
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

I've always used the" I've had three kids, and that's why I weigh so much now." excuse. It's so not true. I reached my weight by being lazy and eating too much. I keep reminding myself of why I really gained weight, and prove it to myself by losing weight doing exercise and eating better.
  • lprunty
    Options
    Healthy Kids Recipe

Frozen Yogurt pops
    Prep time: about 1 to 2 hours
    Ingredients:
    -1 8-oz. container of your favorite flavor of yogurt
    Utensils:
    -small paper cups
    wooden popsicle sticks (available in craft stores)
    plastic wrap

Directions:
    - Pour yogurt into paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
    Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
    Using the popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
    Put the cups in the freezer until the yogurt is frozen solid.
    Remove the plastic wrap, peel away the paper cup, and eat your pop!
    Serves: 3 to 4
    Serving size: 1 pop
    Nutritional analysis (per serving):
    127 calories
    5 g protein
    2 g fat
    21 g carbohydrate
    0 g fiber
    7 mg cholesterol
    73 mg sodium
    262 mg calcium
    0 mg iron
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We should all share how we burn our calories on the main thread to give eachother idaes. So lets see it ladies, how do you burn those calories?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5

I just copied mine from my exercise journal here, it was super easy
  • bennight72
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My name is Becky and I've been a member for about a month or so now. Due to a work injury, I haven't been able to do hardly any exercises....so all of the good I did... got completely wiped out. Booo... :(

Starting MFP Weight-204 lbs
    Starting SAHMU Weight-210.8lbs
    Week 2 Weight- 200
    Week 3 Weight- 195
    Week4 Weight- 190
    Goal Weight- 135 lbs (may change later)
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    My Weekend was lazy!!!! I did strength training but hardly did any of my normal cardio workouts. I have to step it up if I want to meet up goal by tomorrow night. I need to burn at least 450 calories each day. But I think I can do it. Happy burning today!!!!!
  • bennight72
    Options
    Healthy Kids Recipe.....

Gran San

2 Nature Valley Granola thins (either w/ chocolate or peanut butter)
    1/2 small ripe banana (make sure its not too ripe...)
    flax seeds, silvered almonds, anything crunchy.

Take thins - choc/ or pb side up.
    Slice banana length wise
    Lightly sprinkle seeds, almonds - whatever you have
    Top with other thin.

I fix these for my nephews and they love them! Serve w/ a glass of milk. **Note... I always have the boys seated at the table, as this snack can get really messy! LOL)

Calories.... Chocolate = 80 cals per square, PB is 90
    Banana = 60 calories (probably less because I split the half between the boys)
  • lprunty
    Options
    My Weekend was lazy!!!! I did strength training but hardly did any of my normal cardio workouts. I have to step it up if I want to meet up goal by tomorrow night. I need to burn at least 450 calories each day. But I think I can do it. Happy burning today!!!!!

You can do it, Tasha!!! Burn it girl! :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Healthy Kids Meal Recipe -

Vegetable - English Muffin Pizzas

What You Need
    4 whole wheat English muffins, split, toasted
    1/3 cup pizza sauce
    1 cup fresh mushroom slices
    1/4 cup chopped green peppers
    1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    1 Tbsp. KRAFT Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping
    Make It

HEAT broiler.

SPREAD muffins with pizza sauce.

TOP with remaining ingredients.

BROIL 3 to 4 min. or until mozzarella is melted.

Per Serving
    Calories 230
    Total fat 6 g
    Saturated fat 3 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg
    Sodium 750 mg
    Carbohydrate 30 g
    Dietary fiber 5 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 15 g
    Vitamin A 10 % DV
    Vitamin C 8 % DV
    Calcium 60 % DV
    Iron 10 % DV
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    - NSV -

I put away a pair of jeans in April because they were not comfortable anymore, they were way too tight, and I didn't want to have to try and squeeze into them anymore. I was doing laundry today and had nothing else to wear, so I pulled out those pants to squeeze into for a few hours. I put them on, and no squeezing! They fit perfectly!!!!! I am so excited! I know I am no where close to my goal yet, but this is a really good step in the right direction!!! Woohoo!
  • lprunty
    Options
    - NSV -

I put away a pair of jeans in April because they were not comfortable anymore, they were way too tight, and I didn't want to have to try and squeeze into them anymore. I was doing laundry today and had nothing else to wear, so I pulled out those pants to squeeze into for a few hours. I put them on, and no squeezing! They fit perfectly!!!!! I am so excited! I know I am no where close to my goal yet, but this is a really good step in the right direction!!! Woohoo!

Woohoo!! Always a good feeling. Keep up the good work!
  • lprunty
    Options
    Here are my points as they stand so far. :-)

Still working on the calorie burn challenge 300and some calories more to burn. I can definitely do that tomorrow!

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side) *did these on Wednesday*
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats *did these on Thursday*
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches* did these on Friday*
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups*did these tonight*
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges* will do thses tomorrow!*
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    I didn't get to the up downs because of an unfortunate shoulder issue I've been having this week. I chose easy wall push ups so I didn't aggravate my shoulder too much.

I have done the emotional challenge. NO MORE EXCUSES!! :-D
    I have posted a recipe!

So a possible total of 8 points this week. Not to shabby. I hope you are all having a great week, and I hope we all see some loss on that scale Wednesday! You ladies are awesome.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Can you email me you points tonight please? Also, don't forget that tomorrow is weigh in day! Hope everyone had a great day!!!!! Go Orange!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    You are all doing fantastic! amyelizbradley is leaving the challenge, I think it was difficult for her to post often. We wish her lots of luck!

Your new teammate will be natijade from the Purple Team, she is awesome and will be a great addition to your team.

Karie
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    You are all doing fantastic! amyelizbradley is leaving the challenge, I think it was difficult for her to post often. We wish her lots of luck!

Your new teammate will be natijade from the Purple Team, she is awesome and will be a great addition to your team.

Karie

I apologize guys! I did not intend to leave the Team; I realize that I did not post often enough to do you guys justice! I guess that's where I need to do some work- good luck to you all!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm joining the challenge from the purple group! Just a little about myself, I'm from England so my WI timing might seem a bit strange to you guys, haha! I'm a stay at home mum to a little 8 months old princess, Emily, although I'm soon going to be finishing the final year of my history degree which I'm excited for!
    Looking forward to getting to know you all!

My emotional challenge this week:
    What excuses have I made? Well every excuse under the sun really. But the biggest one is my depression. I always say I put on the weight because I broke my ankle, had to come home from uni and then got depressed. And I was seriously unhappy during this time. But being unhappy is no excuse to gain the weight that I did. After I lost a lot of weight, I use 'stress from uni' as an excuse as to why I put some of it back on again. But really I just let it go again and slipped back into old habits. I'm scared to admit that as I'm scared I'll do it again this time :-(

Weigh In-
    Diet start weight: 196lbs
    Challenge start weight: 170.5lbs
    Last weigh in: 167.5lbs
    This week: 167lbs!

Only a 0.5lb loss but that's amazing considering I'd gained 2 lb on Friday so have also lost that as well! So quite happy! Will do points later as I still haven't found a good recipe, (I'm an awful cook :-S ) But I'm detirmined to get one!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Colourful Chicken Risotto

1tbsp olive oil
    1 small onion, chopped or sliced
    7-10 1/2 oz chicken, chopped
    26fl oz low salt chicken stock
    1 small red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
    1 courgette, chopped
    1 handful sweetcorn
    9oz risotto rice
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    freshly ground black pepper
    1 tbsp paprika

-Heat oil in a large pan. add onion and fry until soft.
    Add chicken and fri gently until the outside is sealed and white
    Meanwhile heat stock in a separate pan
    Add the pepper and courgette to the chicken and fry until soft, then add sweetcorn.
    Add rice and hot stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until each ladleful is absorbed. Simmer gently. Add paprika and stir in. Continue adding stock until rice is plumb but still have a 'bite' and overall consistancy is creamy.
    Take off heat, stir in black pepper and parmesan and serve.