SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Replies

• SAHMU Challenge Week 6

8/25-8/31

Cardio:
    Set you goal this week atleast 5% higher than it was last week, we can do this ladies!! Amazing job last week!

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I added Week 6 to the Calorie Burn Spreadsheet
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread and on the main thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength and Nutrition Challenge: 1 point for each per day ( possible 14 points)

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=113)

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Emotional Challenge:
    What was your moment of clarity? What was it that made you say "Enough is enough; I am taking control of my life?" and how does remembering that help you through the emotional and life changing journey of taking off the weight?
    **A special Thank you to LoveNverNds for helping me with the emotional Challenge this week.

I got all (yay!) except for the "under fat".. :(

My moment of clarity was having several of my friends (who weighed more than me) who lost weight and have kept off, while I have yo-yo'd for the past few months. I work part time at a department store and see all of these cute clothes and shoes that I want and yet can't have. Pluse there is my family's health history.... high blood pressure, high cholestorol, diabeties... you name it... my family has it. I don't want to be put on pills for the rest of my life...especially when I know that I CAN prevent it.

I have to admit that it is a struggle for me at times to remember why. I have so much (as I know a lot of you do as well) going on right now... multiple jobs, stress of my parents being out of work, stress of worrying about losing my main job, on top of have a really difficult time of eating the calories (good ones... bad ones would be & are easy!) that I need to eat.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    My scale is refusing to move. It is not even moving a little!!! Any advice???
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Question...We are supposed to be shooting for being under our sodium limit, but how do I figure out what that limit is??
  • lprunty
    never mind, I figured it out. :-)

Tasha- Have you tried increasing the intensity of your cardio?
  • LoveNevrNds
    Good day today. I ate over on my carbs but stayed under on sodium. I didn't make it to workout today, but I will double up on my strength training tomorrow for the points. Hope everyone day a great day!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • LoveNevrNds

Yes I have, but still nothing. My Dr put me on a thyroid medication and changed my birth control about a week and a half ago, so I am sure my body is still getting used to that HUGE change. He said to give it two weeks, but I am impatient and want to see results for my hard work. Hopefully all the hormones stabilize and I can start losing again!
  • lprunty

Yes I have, but still nothing. My Dr put me on a thyroid medication and changed my birth control about a week and a half ago, so I am sure my body is still getting used to that HUGE change. He said to give it two weeks, but I am impatient and want to see results for my hard work. Hopefully all the hormones stabilize and I can start losing again!

Oh yeah, those hormones can really keep us from losing. I hope the changes work!!
  • lprunty
    I weighed myself this morning, and now I'm wishing I hadn't...I've GAINED 3 lbs since Wednesday. Umm wow? I think I'll ramp up the cardio and see if that gets me back on track...course some of that 3 lbs could be pms stuff...grrr. Oh well. I hope you all have had a great weekend.
  • LoveNevrNds
    I weighed myself this morning, and now I'm wishing I hadn't...I've GAINED 3 lbs since Wednesday. Umm wow? I think I'll ramp up the cardio and see if that gets me back on track...course some of that 3 lbs could be pms stuff...grrr. Oh well. I hope you all have had a great weekend.

Boo, I hate it when that happens. TOM can really mess things up. Hopefully most of it, or all of it is water and will be gone by wednesday.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Hey Ladies!
    I want to make sure that we get our points right this week. I made a spreadsheet to keep track. If you can all go on and input your info that would be great! I am going to try and put it in based on what was posted, but just to be sure. Thanks all!!!

The link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmhMLWVSEmRxdHp1VVRUM0thWTVvUUM5bFU2MXJmc2c&hl=en_US
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Having an awful week this week, first LO was ill, then my BF and now I'm not great! Doubt I'm going to hit my calorie burn goal this week but I've hit all the food ones as I haven't had time to eat running round after them, and now I feel too poorly to have much!! Have done my strength up till friday but gonna have to try and catch up with sat onwards when I feel better so either tomorrow or Tue!

I'm not too upset as I went shopping with my Mum and bought some new jeans....a UK size 14! I can hardly believe it! I've gone from 18-14 in 6 months!!

Hope you're all doing better than me!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Having an awful week this week, first LO was ill, then my BF and now I'm not great! Doubt I'm going to hit my calorie burn goal this week but I've hit all the food ones as I haven't had time to eat running round after them, and now I feel too poorly to have much!! Have done my strength up till friday but gonna have to try and catch up with sat onwards when I feel better so either tomorrow or Tue!

I'm not too upset as I went shopping with my Mum and bought some new jeans....a UK size 14! I can hardly believe it! I've gone from 18-14 in 6 months!!

Hope you're all doing better than me!

We have had weeks like that here. When everyone is sick it is hard to do anything. Feel better!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Happy Monday ladies! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend! Personally mine was great, and I woke up to a great surprise, 2.6 lbs lost since Wednesday!! Woohoo!!!!!
  • lprunty
    Happy Monday ladies! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend! Personally mine was great, and I woke up to a great surprise, 2.6 lbs lost since Wednesday!! Woohoo!!!!!

That's awesome Tasha!! :-)
  • lprunty
    Emotional challenge for this week. What was your moment of clarity? What was it that made you say "Enough is enough; I am taking control of my life?" and how does remembering that help you through the emotional and life changing journey of taking off the weight?

I don't believe that there was one defining moment for me. There were lots of little things that made me decide that it was time to get up and do something. One thing was looking in the mirror and noticing that I was starting to develop rolls on my back. Another thing was that I could look down and see my belly protruding past my breasts (no easy feat, let me tell ya!). Another was that it was becoming painful to walk up stairs (because of my knees). And lastly, I just didn't have the energy to play with my kids!
    I've been trying this weight loss thing for over a year now with no success (until now!). When I get discouraged, I think of all those things that I didn't like about gaining the weight and it motivates me to keep going. Of course it helps that the scale is moving downward now!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Quick reminder! Points are due today and weigh in is tomorrow morning! Karie said if we missed a day of the strength training we can double up days and catch up if you want that point. Just a thought for anyone who may have missed a day. If you want to do that, you can just add the point to the day you would have done it.

How was everyone's week? NatiJade, are you guys feeling better?
  • Happy Monday ladies! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend! Personally mine was great, and I woke up to a great surprise, 2.6 lbs lost since Wednesday!! Woohoo!!!!!

AWESOME!!!
  • The orange team has been very special to me. There has been a lot of work put into this challenge. I am not holding up my end of the deal and will be needing to try a different challenge for September.
    I thank all of you, and will continue to watch your progress.
    I will give you my points at the end of today and the weight loss for the week. But I hope to remain friends will everyone! This isn't about a challenge, it's about a lifestyle, so I need to move to one I can be more faithful too.

thanks MFP friends!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    The orange team has been very special to me. There has been a lot of work put into this challenge. I am not holding up my end of the deal and will be needing to try a different challenge for September.
    I will give you my points at the end of today and the weight loss for the week. But I hope to remain friends will everyone! This isn't about a challenge, it's about a lifestyle, so I need to move to one I can be more faithful too.

thanks MFP friends!!

Becky!
    I am so sad that we will be losing you! You have been a great member of this challenge, but I do understand needing to move on. We will miss you, but hope we can all still support each other in our journey!!!
  • lprunty
    The orange team has been very special to me. There has been a lot of work put into this challenge. I am not holding up my end of the deal and will be needing to try a different challenge for September.

thanks MFP friends!!

We will miss you Becky, but you can always count on us for support. :-) *big hugs*
This discussion has been closed.