TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options
Okay Ladies since we have our teams we will start with our "Weigh in Wednesdays"

Our post will read:
Starting MFP Weight
Starting SAHMU Weight
Week 1 Weight
Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Kitchens closes at 9:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
*A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Welcome to the new Green thread. I am so glad you are my team members and I am ready to get started!

Please give an intro about yourself so we can get to know eachother better! If you already have like our lovely losinit_4_good team mate please paste it and put it on this thread.

See you tomorrow for weigh in wednesday!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday

Starting my Journey: 244.8
    Starting SAHMU: 233.8
    Week 1: 228.2
    Weight loss so far: 16.2lbs (yay!)
    Goal: 165 (long term)

Hi ladies, I decided to add my weight loss so far just because it incourages me. I can't believe I lost 5.6lbs this week, I think all of you have inspired me to do so much better! Thank you!

My Intoduction:
    My name is Karie and I am 31 years old, married and we have a beautiful 16 month old little boy. I have struggled with my weight for forever it seems. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer in 2005 and thought that was the reason for all this extra weight but I know realize yes I may have no thyroid and a low metabolism but it is all about my choices and I have stop using my Thyroid Cancer as a crutch. Having my first child has made my whole worl a different place, life just feels different it is so much more important now. I choose to be here living healthy for a long long time to see my son become a man and one day maybe a father. (scary to think life really works that way, at this point I feel like he will be my baby forever.)

Emotional Challenge:
    I believe one reason I have gained and kept this weight on goes all the way back to my parents divorce. I have 5 sister's, 4 of them went to live with my mom and my sister and I stayed with my dad. I was my Dad's emotional support at this time I was only 7. My mom and my 4 sisters moved away and we had no contact for 5 years. (those were some tough years). I wasn't over weight until I was about 16 and only a little but I think I just held on to that emotional baggage for way to long.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies!

Let me introduce once more....

I am Renuka married to a wonderful person.. I am a dancer, so willing to shred few lbs to get back to shape and of course a healthy lifestyle.. I am sure I will be in few months time..

Starting SAHMU: 155 lbs
    Week 1: 152 lbs
    Goal weight : 135 lbs (long term)

Go Team Green!!!

-Renu :happy:
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday

Starting Weight: 261
    Starting MFP: 255
    Starting: SAHMU: 242.5
    Week 1: 241
    Total Weight loss: 20lbs
    Goal: approx 185 (around this point is hen my BMI will shift from "obese" to "overweight" , then I'll reassess)

Sidenote: I'm super disappointed I only lost 1.5 lbs this week. I have been averaging closer to 2.5-3lbs a week. I'm hoping that this is due to a vist from mother nature and perhaps a bit of water retention? I hate to think that I'm slowing down. But, on the other hand, losing 20lbs was my inital "milestone" that I set for myslef when I started this about 2 months ago, so yay me!!

Emotional - I have carried extra weight due to low self confidence. Which is ironic because peole always tell me how confident and outgoing I am but really I'm super insecure. The weight became a shield that I hid behind, food the comfort when I was low. Now that I've started losing, I feel in some ways more confident because of the success I'm having, and in other ways even worse because I am super aware of my body right now an how big it still is. Siting on the bus this morning a petite woman sat next to me and I felt like an elephant beside her. Sigh... these are the feeligns I am hoping to lose along with the weight.

Lynda
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Good Morning Renu!
    Great job on your 3 lb loss! Way to go!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Here's my intrp, which you may hav already read on the old thread.

Technically I'm no longer a SAHM, I retunred to work after a yearlong maternity leave but in my heart I am still at home with my boy. He's going to be one tomorrow. I'm 26, married and super motivated to lose weight! I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Food is my vice, my comfort when I'm sad, my reward when I've accomplished something and my entertainment when I'm bored. When I read that back to myself it's not hard to see why I am so big. LOL!

When I was pregnant it was easy to make the right choices. I did it without thinking. Because I was doing it for my little unborn baby. Then my son was born and all the bad habits came back. Then, as he pregoressed to finger foods I became very discenring about what I'd give him. I didn't want him to develop the bad eating habits I had. Then one say, about 2 months ago, it occured to me that he will learn from the example set by his father and I. And we were both horrible eaters and couch potatoes. It was a hard realization because I felt like I was setting my son up for failure. So that day I committed to changing. A week late rmy husband joined me.

I'll be honest, I've started and failed more diets then I can care to think about. What I am doing is not a diet. It is a lifestlye change built upon solid nutrition and keeping active. Is weight loss a goal? ABSOLUTELY! I want to weigh less, fit into smaller clothes, and in general look and feel better than I currently do. But it's also about so much more than that. This started as something that I would do for my son, so he would have a good example. But now it's for me. I'm done feeling ashamed of my size. I'm sick of being embarrassed by how I look. When I started this I weighed 261lbs. At 5'5" that is pretty unattractive. as of my last offical weigh in I was down 18.5 lbs. I'm excited ofr my weigh in tomorrow and I hope to report a further loss. My goal right now is to shift my BMI from the 'obese' category into the 'overweight' category. LOL! That sounds crazy to say I want to be overweight! But I loathe being defined by the word 'obese'. It makes me cringe. So that's my first goal and I need to lose about 60ish lbs to do that. Once I've reached that goal I'll reassess and set some new goals.

I'm super pumped to be surrounded by so many other women that are on the same path as me. I want to be a support person for each and every one of you so if you are ever in need of a virtual pick me up, feel free to add me as a friend and I will be there to remind you to stay strong.

Can't wait for the challenge to begin tomorrow! Go Team Green!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Karie & Renu,
    Congrats to both of you on phenomenal weight loss for the week! Great job!
    Lynda
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Lynda,

Congrats on meeting your 20lb goal! That is fantastic, I have been doing this about 2 months as well and I have lost around 16 it is funny we seem to mirror eachother in some ways. Don't get to down about the loss this week, whenever I am TOM comes to visit me I am always up like 2 lbs so next week should be much better.

I too am known as the confident one but let me tell you as I am standing around a bunch of thin people and I am tugging my shirt down to make sure it doesn't stick to my stomach, I know that I need to work on my self confidence. As far as feeling like an elephant, I can relate! One of my sisters and I work together and she is 5'4 120 and I hate standing next to her, we work together in the winter so I am hoping by this winter I don't feel that way anymore.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Lynda and Karie,

You ladies are just wonderful... 20 lbs and 16 lbs..wow is the word that comes to my mind... Congrats on that weight loss.. Even it happens to me.. Whenever I see a well maintained lady next to me, I feel I should reduce some weight...but I think its really motivating as well coz I get more inspired to shred those lbs...

I just loved this quote I read sometime, somewhere... :-)

Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end !

So everyday comes with a new sunshine, new hopes... and when we have support from such wonderful ladies, we will do it...Yippee....

-Renu
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Karie,

Wonderful job on weight loss this week, again back on track..Keep it up!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 270
    Starting SAHMU Weight :223
    Week 1 Weight :223
    Goal Weight :180

Week 1
    Cardio: Most days I use the elliptical. But I also do walking and sometimes I mow the lawn (a great burn btw)
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week -Totally doable:)

My WHOLE Life I have been called fat. Even when I wasn't! In high school, I was around 160. My mom was always putting me on diets. Although 160 may seem like, I am also 5'8 and I was very active in sports! I think all of the people telling me I was fat, made me so insecure not to care. So from 18-26 (and 1 miscarriage and one pregnancy) I ballooned to 270! After needing an emergency csection: I decided NO more. I can't take the weight anymore. I am on track to loose what I need to loose to be at a comfortable weight. Next pregnancy, I am going for a vbac. I need to be strong physically, emotionally and mentally for this.
    *Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 270
    Starting SAHMU Weight :223
    Week 1 Weight :223
    Goal Weight :180

Week 1
    Cardio: Most days I use the elliptical. But I also do walking and sometimes I mow the lawn (a great burn btw)
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week -Totally doable:)

My WHOLE Life I have been called fat. Even when I wasn't! In high school, I was around 160. My mom was always putting me on diets. Although 160 may seem like, I am also 5'8 and I was very active in sports! I think all of the people telling me I was fat, made me so insecure not to care. So from 18-26 (and 1 miscarriage and one pregnancy) I ballooned to 270! After needing an emergency csection: I decided NO more. I can't take the weight anymore. I am on track to loose what I need to loose to be at a comfortable weight. Next pregnancy, I am going for a vbac. I need to be strong physically, emotionally and mentally for this.

Good Morning!
    Congrats on you 47 lbs lost so far! That is amazing! I am so glad you are on our team. I can relate to you about the miscarriage I had one a year before my son was born, it is a hard time to go through, but things always happen for a reason.

Have a great day! Keep up the great work!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Karie,

Wonderful job on weight loss this week, again back on track..Keep it up!

Thanks Renu!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    My name is Karie, I would love to know all your names.
    I know we have Renu and Lynda
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    My name is Tamra. I always forget to introduce myself:)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270179-final-results-12-week-transformation-pics

Before/after pictures. This was the easiest way to do it!

I have lost 5lbs since than:)
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    re-introduction...I'm Deanna....I'm mommy to ds(almost 8) ds (4) and dd(2) Married to my love for 8 years!

Our post will read:
    Starting MFP Weight 183
    Starting SAHMU Weight 183
    Week 1 Weight 183
    Goal Weight 135 long term goal weight.....my dh is in the Army and I say that I want to get to enlistment weight which is atleast 135 but really i don't truely care about a number, i just want to feel good in my own skin, so if it's bigger smaller we'll see!

squats done with 8# weights, Walked with my daughter today

Emotional goal---not really sure on this one I do have a crappy self esteem.

I do have a goal tho, I'm doing a 6 mile mud run on Saturday and my goal is to finish it strong without breaking anything!!!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will work or not but here's my starting picture :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/9414147
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Great job today Team Green!

We all weighed in and got our emotional challenge point for the week!

GO Team Green!!!!!.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I just got frustrated at work, got up left my desk and went for a quick walk to calm down. Before I would've gone to the cafe downstairs, bought one of their delicious chocolate cookies and ate my feelings. I call that desision a win baby! Plus I took the stairs!