TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Team Green
    Week 1 Total Points

Karie-4
    Renu-4

*Please just add your name so we can have a total by tomorrow night.

Oops sorry Karie...I didn't get you right..thanks for reposting...lolz
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Team Green
    Week 1 Total Points

Karie-4
    Renu-4
    Lynda - I''m not sure... I feel dumb admitting this but I can't remember how the points work. All I know is I did my cardio and squats everyday and closed my kitchen before 930. So whatever the max is - sign me up! LOL!
    Uh, duh! I just went back and checked the first post that explains how points work. I got 4. Stop laughing! It's been a long day! LOL!

• losinit_4_good
    Options
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Funny Girl!:laugh:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Team Green
    Week 1 Total Points

Karie-4
    Renu-4
    Lynda - 4

• renubhat_82
    Options

Lynda - I''m not sure... I feel dumb admitting this but I can't remember how the points work. All I know is I did my cardio and squats everyday and closed my kitchen before 930. So whatever the max is - sign me up! LOL!
    Uh, duh! I just went back and checked the first post that explains how points work. I got 4. Stop laughing! It's been a long day! LOL!

Lynda- thats ok.. you have scored full on all of them... but after reading your post I had a laugh.. not because that you were not aware, but the way you put it across... I just loved it dear... :-)))
  • losinit_4_good
    Options

Lynda- thats ok.. you have scored full on all of them... but after reading your post I had a laugh.. not because that you were not aware, but the way you put it across... I just loved it dear... :-)))

Morning Renu,
    Always glad to make someone chuckle! Have a great day!
    Lynda
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    so you get 1 point only if you completed everything for the entire week? or do you get 1 point each day for each task you completed?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Here is our Week 2 Challenge
    *I want to give a special thank you to losinit-4-good(Team Green) and tigertown11(Team Orange) for helping me with this weeks challenges.

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    so you get 1 point only if you completed everything for the entire week? or do you get 1 point each day for each task you completed?

The point System:

Cardio Challenge: If you finished the 4 day challenge of Cardio, you earn a point for your team.

Strength Challenge: If you completed your 5 day Squat Challenge, you earn a point for your team.

Food Challenge: Kitchen closed atleast by 9:30 this week, you earned a point for your team.

Emotional Challenge: If you wrote a reason for your weight gain, you earned a point for your team.

*Each team member can earn a total of 4 points for the week. Team Captains please post your teams totals on the SAHMU main group page by Tuesday night and I will give the results by Wednesday morning.

*After we weigh in Wednesday each team Captain will give me a total weight loss for the week and the team with the highest weightloss for the week will earn there extra point on Thursday.

* I will post the new weeks challenge to start Wednesday 7/27 either tonight or tomorrow night.

Everyone is doing a great job and I am excited to start our second week of the challenge!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Deanna,
    We have missed you here! How are things going? Have you been staying motivated, I have had my ups and downs this week but I have stuck with it pretty well.
    Anyway have a great day,
    Karie
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I posted everyday. I don't know why they didn't show up :( Sorry.

Yes, I've reached all my points!! I am staying strong! I didn't eat the absolutely greatest this weekend going out to eat at restaurants is way more calories than me cooking at home but i still did good!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Great i am glad you are doing well! I know going out to eat is my weekness, when we travel I love to go out to eat because we live in a really small town with no good restaurants, so I tend to go all out when we find a good one on the road. I know for me it will get better I will make better choices when going out to eat slowly.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I posted everyday. I don't know why they didn't show up :( Sorry.

Yes, I've reached all my points!! I am staying strong! I didn't eat the absolutely greatest this weekend going out to eat at restaurants is way more calories than me cooking at home but i still did good!

Good job on meeting all the goals for the week! THose squats almost killed me but I got er done too :) Going out to eat has always been one of my fave things. I have been too scared to venture into a restaurant since starting this because I know I'll blow it and order everything dripping in melty cheese or something equally bad for me. So you are stronger than me for going out and making healthy choices! WAy to stay on track!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    ladies,

Have been bit busy today... We are shifting to a new apt in the weekend, so was busy with packing stuffs... will be busy for the entire week... But will try and be online at times when I am tired.. but yes will burn lot of calories as well..

btw haven't done the squats for today... I better do it now before i forget...lol

All you ladies are doing extremely good...

Catch ya later...
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    It looks like we all got our 4 points this week so I am going to post that., great job ladies!

Go Team Green
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Thank you Deanna, Renu and Tamra for posting your before pics and earning us an extra point! I will post mine next week.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    You ladies would be so proud of me tonight..I wanted pizza soooo bad! So I found a recipe for pizza made on a portabella mushroon only 193 calories!!! Yay me!!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    You ladies would be so proud of me tonight..I wanted pizza soooo bad! So I found a recipe for pizza made on a portabella mushroon only 193 calories!!! Yay me!!!!

Good job Karie! Sounds like that might be a good contender for our recipe swap! Well done you :)
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I am all kinds of exhausted tonight. I'm working 730-330 so that I get home early enough from work to have a decent amount of time with my son before his bedtime. I am so grateful that I have the flexibility to you this but oh em gee, I am wiped. I'm super excited for the sleep challenge because it gives me an excuse to go to bed early.

Good luck weighing in tomorrow ladies. May the scales be kind to all of us :smile: