TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Cardio-done, push ups-done, jumping jacks- done... Kitchen closed...

Too tired for today, as i was busy cleaning and packing stuffs...

Have a good sleep....
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    So its 11:45 and I should be in bed, it is difficult to go to bed early when I feel like the only "me" time is at night after my little guy goes to sleep. I posted the sleep challenge because I know that I needed to follow it!
    I am so glad we have a strong team, we have the most pages of posts out of every team and that is why I believe we earned the most points this week.
    Anyway thanks girls for being just the motivation I needed in my life.
    Karie
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Did not want to wake up this morning! It seems like I'm taking the sleep challenge very seriously! lol!

Renu, I just wanted to say be careful not to over extend yourself, moving can be seriously stressful on both your body and spirit so make sure you don't wear yourself out ok? When do you get your new place?

Karie, your mention of Mexican food made me smile. I'm not usually a huge fan (heartburn) but when I was in my second trimester I craved fajitaas like nobody's business (and surprisingly never got heartburn from it). I made them for dinner at least twice a week, and always made sure to make enough for my lunch the next day, for about 2 months. When that craving finally subsided my husband was so happy! He kept teasing me that we wer gonna have to name our baby Jorge in honour of mommy's unusual craving! LOL! I hope you enjoy your lunch today :)

Tamra, I got to the store last night and bougth some hand weights and the 30 Day Shred dvd. I'm going to start this evening after I put Caleb to bed. I'm scared! Is it hard? How have you been doing on it? I hope Irelynn is feeling better today. BTW, I love her name!!! I've never heard it before. How did you come up with that?

Deanna, hope you are having an awesome week! Happy birthday to your son! Are you planning a big party?

Rock on girls! let's have a strong day to end our week!!

Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Hello Ladies...

Have been thinking for a while now... on the recipe to post for the food challenge... sorry, me being a pure veggie (no fish, meat, etc), had to post a veggie recipe, very yummy and nutritional at the same time... I have also given an alternative for those who prefer non-vegetarian... Did a little bit research on the nutritional facts as well...

Palak bahar or Spinach delight- Assorted vegetables in spinach gravy (original recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor, the great Indian Chef)
    Preparation time- 20 mins
    Cooking time- 20 mins
    Servings-4

Ingredients-
    Spinach blanched- 2 medium bunches
    Carrots- 2 medium
    French beans- 5-6
    Cauliflower – ½ medium florets
    Green chillies-3
    Oil- One and half tablespoons
    Ginger chopped- 1 inch piece
    Garlic chopped- 4 cloves
    Onions chopped- 1 large
    Nutmeg Powder- ¼ teaspoon
    Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon
    Tomatoes chopped- 2 medium
    Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
    Salt as per taste
    Red chilli powder- One and half teaspoon
    Garam masala powder- 2 teaspoons
    Fresh cilantro/ coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons

Method-
    Puree the blanched spinach along with one green chilli. Chop the remaining green chillies. Heat half the oil, add ginger and garlic and stir fry. Add onion and green chillies and stir fry till onions are pinkish in colour. Add nutmeg powder and continue cooking on medium heat for a couple of minute, stirring frequently. Add pureed spinach, cook it for a minute and add salt. Set it aside. Blanch carrots, French beans and cauliflower. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add cumin seeds and when it starts to change colour, add tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously. Add blanched vegetables and stir-fry lightly. Add lemon juice and season with salt and red chilli powder. Lastly add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Spread prepared spinach on a flat serving dish and place cooked vegetables in the center and serve hot.
    Notes
    • I avoid oil totally in this recipe ( instead of cumin seeds, I used cumin powder so that I don’t have to use oil in this case). Also, I cook vegetables in micro oven, that is much simpler. One more place where oil is used is before chopped ginger and garlic. Here I use ginger-garlic paste and add little water and stir.
    • Onion is dry roasted on a non stick pan , so no need to use oil here as well.
    • Garam masala gives nice flavor, but I do avoid this at times as my hubby doesn’t like too much of spices..
    You can even check the video on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrtKbsV6aI ( but note this is in Hindi- Indian language, however you can watch the recipe)

Nutritional Facts-
    Calories- 70
    Calories from fat 22
    Total fat 2.43g (4%)
    Cholesterol-7.5mg (2%)
    Sodium- 621 mg (26%)
    Potassium-8.17 mg
    Total carbo- 3.445g (1%)
    Dietary fiber 1.7g
    Sugars- 1.015g
    Protein- 5.715g
    Vitamin A-52%
    Vitamin C-2.5%
    Iron -5.17%
    Calcium-18%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Serving size- 1/6 bowl
    Variation instead of veggies (but the calories are more- 182)

Ingredients

1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    4 oz. ( 1 pkg.) lean ground turkey
    1 pkg. frozen spinach (thawed)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    .5 cup grated chedder cheese

Directions

1. Saute the onions in the olive oil
    2. add the ground turkey and brown w/ the onion.
    3. add the spinach, and stir
    4. pour the mushroom soup over the top
    5. add nutmeg, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir
    6. stir in cheese until melted.

Makes 5 servings

Number of Servings: 5
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Emotional challenge- I have put on this extra weight for 2 reasons, I love sweets and during weddings I dont have control, I just finish those Indian sweet boxes all at once...oh gosh! so many calories... Secondly, I was a couch potato, very inactive, never bothered to check my weight, dont take food at proper intervals... Now I am all motivated and stay active all day, exercise has become my routine... Thanks to my wonderful friends here and on one more website... What I usually do is close my ears when my family speaks on weight issues and show them that I am not concerned... but actually I am fitness freak...

Go team green...Yayyyyy!!!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Yea today is my oldest son's 8th birthday! hard to believe already!! Yea we are having a party today and then a sleepover, we are having it at monster mini golf so it should be fun!! then tomorrow something fun with him because he leaves for camp for week on sunday! crazy how fast the time flies!!!

I did my push ups and dreaded jumping jacks. hate those things! my husband laughs and says well ur still good no black eye yet! meany!! lol. hope everyone has a great weekend! i'm gonna try hard to get on here this weekend but it's gonna be a busy one so can't promise anything. i'm still gonna log my stuff thru my phone but just can't post on the message boards thru it. but i'll try my hardest!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Has anyone seen Tamra, I haven't seen her post lately??
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Has anyone seen Tamra, I haven't seen her post lately??

Her status yesterday indicated that her daughter was under the weather. hopefully she's on the mend but that probably explains any absence.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Did not want to wake up this morning! It seems like I'm taking the sleep challenge very seriously! lol!

Renu, I just wanted to say be careful not to over extend yourself, moving can be seriously stressful on both your body and spirit so make sure you don't wear yourself out ok? When do you get your new place?

Karie, your mention of Mexican food made me smile. I'm not usually a huge fan (heartburn) but when I was in my second trimester I craved fajitaas like nobody's business (and surprisingly never got heartburn from it). I made them for dinner at least twice a week, and always made sure to make enough for my lunch the next day, for about 2 months. When that craving finally subsided my husband was so happy! He kept teasing me that we wer gonna have to name our baby Jorge in honour of mommy's unusual craving! LOL! I hope you enjoy your lunch today :)

Tamra, I got to the store last night and bougth some hand weights and the 30 Day Shred dvd. I'm going to start this evening after I put Caleb to bed. I'm scared! Is it hard? How have you been doing on it? I hope Irelynn is feeling better today. BTW, I love her name!!! I've never heard it before. How did you come up with that?

Deanna, hope you are having an awesome week! Happy birthday to your son! Are you planning a big party?

Rock on girls! let's have a strong day to end our week!!

Lynda

Lynda,

Its painful..have been packing yesterday and today..i'm exhausted... need to rest for sometime..thought may nt be able to do my regular routine for 2 days, so had been to the gym as well...thanks... will leave some to my dear hubby as well...lol
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Sometimes I get overwhelmed her with all these teams and checking in on them and then i started a challenge on another site as well that copies this one. Anyway I need to remember to say hello to my team.. Hello Green Team!:bigsmile:

Renu- I hope the stress of the move isn't to bad. Think of it this way, I am sure you are burning a ton of calories with all that moving!

Lynda- I didn't get to go today for mexican food.:sad: Oh well. That is to funny you ate fajitas and that your husband said you would have to name the little guy jorge! I couldn't eat a thing when I was pregnant, I had horrible heartburn, I have no idea how I gained so much weight!

Deanna- Have fun with your son's birthday party. Tell him Team Green says "Happy Birthday"!

Tamra- I hope your daughter is feeling better! A sick little one is the worst, i am sorry.

So for me today:
    Cardio: Done
    Jumping Jacks:Done(who's idea was this anyway) lol
    Strength:Done

I will try to get a recipe on so we can vote and submit our winning recipe to the main thread.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Yes Karie... thats ok... I have been very active through out the day and hopefully it will show in my weight loss this week.. but we might have to eat outside tomorrow and day after, so bit worried on that side...
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Cardio- done, push ups and jumping jacks- done.. Kitchen closed
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    cardio done, jj done, pushups done, 30DS done

sadly, kitchen was closed adn then it reopened cuz I was STARVING!!! healthy snack, still under my calories for the day (way under actual - with all my exercise today I'm running a pretty good deficit) but I just could not deal with the tummy growling. sorry gals! I'll be back on track tomorrow.

my goal is to wake up early and squeeze in my 30DS workout before my son and hubby wake up. we'll see how it goes.

recipe and emotional challenge will be posted this weekend.

Renu, I'm not vegetarian, but I do try to make at least one veggie meal per week. I'm really excited to try your recipe!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Everything done for me today!

I was busy this morning, my hubby and I went on a bike ride that was nice, so I waited until this afternoon to go on my walk and it started to rain..we needed it so bad. Yes I went walking in the rain! I am super dedicated to this and surprise myself sometimes!

Anyway have a great night,
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    I am going out of town until tomorrow so I will talk to you then. Have a great weekend. Also the main thread filled up so we have a part 2 now it is under http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303584-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge
    Talk to you all later,
    Karie
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I wont be online for a long time today and tomorrow as we are shifting to the new place tomorrow...

However will complete jumping jacks and push ups..

Also, please suggest me a good brand of weighing scale which I badly wanna purchase...

Bye for now
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just have to share...I'm so proud of myself!! I hit the tredmill today! I have had a fear of that thing for years now cuz it would always KILL my feet. WELL, I did it for 12 minutes after I did the elliptical. I'm so proud of myself for conquering a fear of mine! And it didn't bother my feet till the end when i stopped jogging on it. So, proud of myself! i think i'll do that from now on, just try a little bit after the elliptical or whatever!! Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I just have to share...I'm so proud of myself!! I hit the tredmill today! I have had a fear of that thing for years now cuz it would always KILL my feet. WELL, I did it for 12 minutes after I did the elliptical. I'm so proud of myself for conquering a fear of mine! And it didn't bother my feet till the end when i stopped jogging on it. So, proud of myself! i think i'll do that from now on, just try a little bit after the elliptical or whatever!! Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!

Way to Go! I am so glad you faced your fear!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Here is my recipe, I had this last week when I was craving pizza. It was delicious!! I added spinach from my Garden.

PROTEIN-PACKED PORTABELLO PIZZA

1 Portabello mushroom, stem chopped and set aside
    1 Roma tomato, peeled, seeded and mashed
    1 oz part skim mozzarella or parmesan, grated
    2 tbsp turkey pepperoni or sausage, finely minced
    1 tbsp each yellow & red bell pepper, chopped
    1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
    1 tsp garlic finely minced (jarred OK)
    1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp each onion powder, black pepper, salt

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Mix mashed tomato with Italian seasoning, garlic onion powder, pepper and salt, set aside. Broil mushrooms caps for 3-4 minutes under the broiler stem side down, then turn and grill the other side for 3 minutes.

Remove from broiler and layer with tomato mixture, turkey pepperoni, mushroom stem, red bell pepper and top with mozzarella. Place filled mushrooms back in the broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly.

Remove from broiler, sprinkle with minced basil and let rest 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Add a side salad for a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner.

Serving size: 1 pizza
    Calories: 193
    Total Carbs: 10 grams
    Protein: 20 grams
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Day 2 of 30DS. I woke up early as I had planned and did my workout before my boys even woke up. Felt great to start the day with so much energy. Sadly, about 2 hours later when every muscle in my body was screaming (i swear I could hear my abs moaning "we had you Jillan Micheals") I got a little depressed. I know it takes time but I want to be thin NOW!!!

sigh. ok,now that I got that out I'm better. My hubby is grilling steak for us tonight and I made a fruit salad for dessert.

On the plus side, my cardio, JJ and pushups are all done for the day. My kitchen will be closing immediately after dinner and I've been getting my sleep in all week. So goals for the day have been officially met :)

While my son napped today my hubby and I went through some old "healthy cooking" magazines and clipped a bunch of recipes to try. I'll share one later.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!