TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I just have to share...I'm so proud of myself!! I hit the tredmill today! I have had a fear of that thing for years now cuz it would always KILL my feet. WELL, I did it for 12 minutes after I did the elliptical. I'm so proud of myself for conquering a fear of mine! And it didn't bother my feet till the end when i stopped jogging on it. So, proud of myself! i think i'll do that from now on, just try a little bit after the elliptical or whatever!! Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!

great job! your enthusiasm is inspiring :) keep going strong!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Here is my recipe, I had this last week when I was craving pizza. It was delicious!! I added spinach from my Garden.

PROTEIN-PACKED PORTABELLO PIZZA

1 Portabello mushroom, stem chopped and set aside
    1 Roma tomato, peeled, seeded and mashed
    1 oz part skim mozzarella or parmesan, grated
    2 tbsp turkey pepperoni or sausage, finely minced
    1 tbsp each yellow & red bell pepper, chopped
    1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
    1 tsp garlic finely minced (jarred OK)
    1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp each onion powder, black pepper, salt

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Mix mashed tomato with Italian seasoning, garlic onion powder, pepper and salt, set aside. Broil mushrooms caps for 3-4 minutes under the broiler stem side down, then turn and grill the other side for 3 minutes.

Remove from broiler and layer with tomato mixture, turkey pepperoni, mushroom stem, red bell pepper and top with mozzarella. Place filled mushrooms back in the broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly.

Remove from broiler, sprinkle with minced basil and let rest 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Add a side salad for a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner.

Serving size: 1 pizza
    Calories: 193
    Total Carbs: 10 grams
    Protein: 20 grams

omg! that sounds amazing! *drools*
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I took off from my exercise today, we had our lunch outside as I didnt have any energy left.. I din't know that today was our festival, so had to do the preparations like sweets and few things for our prayers.. Last night when we spoke my in laws, they told me that it was festival which every married woman is supposed to do... I was like okay give me a break coz we are shifting and we have to celebrate also...gosh does everything come at the same time... I did manage to celebrate it..clean up the place little bit for our prayers, decorated the place and performed prayers... So I dint have my breakfast today, we ate outside, prepared sweets which was really yummy and I couldnt resist myself...lol All is over and me back to packing again... I am just waiting for us to move out...

But yes, we decided after we leave, we would leave the cleaning job to someone else and we pay them.. Finally we got someone, thank god we found him... But we shift only in the afternoon tomorrow, so I will go to gym in the morning and complete my exercises... my hubby was shocked when i told him this... he thinks im crazy that I wanna go to gym in the morning...lol....

Catch ya all tomorrow...
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Why didn't I say No!?
    We are here visiting My Husbands Parent's and Grandparent's. They are a large Hispanic family that makes amazing Mexican food. I ate and ate because it was offered to me. Mexican food is my ultimate weakness, I am bummed I wasn't more careful, I know better than this because now I feel awful and lethargic. I didn't even work out today because we were in such a hurry to leave.

Anyway tomorrow is a new day! I will be working out super hard tomorrow to make up for today!

Hope everyone else is having a more successful weekend.
    Karie
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    ok, I need some serious motivation. I am killing myself with exercise and haven't cheated on my diet at all. and I'm up 1.5 lbs since wednesday. I'm seriously tempted to quit because I just don't know what else to do. I'm going to go workout if I can manage to stop crying.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    ok, I need some serious motivation. I am killing myself with exercise and haven't cheated on my diet at all. and I'm up 1.5 lbs since wednesday. I'm seriously tempted to quit because I just don't know what else to do. I'm going to go workout if I can manage to stop crying.

Im so sorry, but don't give up I have peeked at the scale and last week right before weigh in I was up 2lbs that was Monday then by wednesday I was the same weight as before so we just flucuate. This will work! We have to stick to it! You are such a great and positive person, we need you to stay here!
    I really hope you worked out today, I will be on and off of here all day today so you better check in with me, Girl!
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Hey Lynda,

I remember you telling Karie last week that there are million and one reason why we put on weight.... Done worry, we will all go together and we will reach our targets.. But to be honest, even i weighed myself and I too was up by a pound.. and TOM on its way i guess... My whole body is aching is today... but its okay and I am sure by wednesday you would have lost few pounds...

So cheer up!!
    You are very good motivator for all of us!
    Yipeeee....:smile:
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies!

We are shifting today, so wont be able to come online... We are still packing and packing and packing...lol

Once we are in the new house, will do my jjs and push-ups, yday i took off as I was sure I would have burnt lot of calories...

Great going everyone!

Go team green
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Thank you for keeping my motivated. I exercised my *kitten* off today and stuck to my healthy food plan even when I was super tempted to cheat. I'm gonna keep going strong and hopefully I'll lose over the next few days.

hope you all had a good day
    Lynda
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I had a day full of exercise! Wow!
    Went on my walk this morning 55 min then my push-ups and jumping jacks, mowed my dads lawn and my own with a total of 85min of mowing and I raked for about 20min. I am so beat! I may just go to bed now.
    I hope you all had a great day!!!
    Karie
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe. We ALL love this and my kids just devour it!!!! And no, it's not spicy at all! So worth the try!

Cuban-Style Sloppy Joes

1 large onion
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    1 yellow pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
    3/4 cup tomato sauce
    1/2 cup chili sauce
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    6 whole wheat potato rolls, split and toasted

Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and cumin, cook, stirring until peppers soften, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook, breaking it up with wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.

Add tomato sauce, chili sauce, and pepper flakes, stirring to combine, bring mixture to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 12 minutes. Spoon 3/4 cup of turkey mixture onto bottom of each roll. Cover with tops of rolls.

Per serving (1 sandwich) 246 Calories, 3g Fat, 1g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 51mg Chol. 664mg Sod, 29g Carb., 6g Fib, 24g Prot, 88mg Calc
  • babydbones
    Options
    my emotional challenge for this week.....it's hard, i do struggle with that because I'm not happy where i'm at, so that affects my attitude and stuff with the hubby and kids. but i'm really trying hard to get over that poor self esteem and be a stronger and better mama. But how I manage it...I've been going to the gym and working out like crazy and trying to make that step into a good, healthy lifestyle and teach my kids properly!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    can everyone msg Tamra(yankeefamily05) she seems to still be MIA, I msg her but haven't gotten a response. I am a little worried because she was really involved at first and we have a really strong team.

Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I was reading through everyones post's and realized I never did my own introduction when we first started, so here it is.

I am 31 years old and a SAHM until October when I return to work. I work as a retail Manager at a Ski Area. I have a beautiful 16 month old little guy who makes me smile everyday. My hubby and I have been together now for 11 years.
    I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer in 2005 and had to have it removed, I went through several rounds of radiation therapy. I go in once a year to make sure the cancer is not spreading and staying "contained" they say. I started gaining weight when i was about 16 slowly and then by 22 I was at around 165 ( how I wish I was there now)! After my surgery I thought it would all change but instead I gained more weight and then got pregnant. So here I am making the change now and forever!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I am back on track from today... Although I have loads and tons of things to settle in the new house... Also, later our new furniture would be arriving... so need to clean up the place... also will make place for my jumping jacks and push ups..lol

Catch ya later
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Lynda,

This one is for you... The moment I was reading you, I could imagine you doing this at your office... :-) Good going...

Start Climbing!
    Too busy to hit the Stairmaster? That's okay — any staircase will do! If you set aside 15 minutes of your day to go up and down a set of steps, you can burn 150 calories. So get off that elevator and take the stairs every chance you get!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Lynda,

This one is for you... The moment I was reading you, I could imagine you doing this at your office... :-) Good going...

Start Climbing!
    Too busy to hit the Stairmaster? That's okay — any staircase will do! If you set aside 15 minutes of your day to go up and down a set of steps, you can burn 150 calories. So get off that elevator and take the stairs every chance you get!

awesome! I'll think of you tomorrow when I jog my way up 6 flights of stairs :)
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hi gals!
    Just wanted to say that I had a great day today. My mom offered (actually insisted) on taking my son for a few hours so my hubby and I could have some alone time. Exactly what we needed! How do moms always know what to do to make their babies feel better?!? :heart:

Also, completed all my exercise goals and stuck to my diet. AND.... when I weighed myself this morning I was back on track. No idea why it went up but it seems to be on it's way back down. so yay!

And finally, I'm LOVING the 30 day shred. I plan to wake up extra early tomorrow so I can squeeze in a workout before I hop on my bus to work. So I'll be up bright and early but what can I say? I'm looking forward to working out! I can honestly say I NEVER thought I would say that.

I'll chat with you all in the morning. Have a great sleep!
    Lynda
  • babydbones
    Options
    Great job!!!

I killed it today!! I felt great too!! I am giving 30DS a whirl again! I got horrid shin splints the last time I did it but hopefully not this time. I went to the gym this evening too. I'm very proud of myself for doing the tredmill again!! Hopefully I can keep it up and i didn't over work my body!

Don't forget to post your recipes!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Everyone is doing fantastic. Sorry I haven't been on much in the last 5 days. My daughter was sick. My husband just started a new job and starts swing shift tomorrow, so we tried spending alot of time together over the weekend.

I am off track. Going down the wrong road. I go through this at least once a month. No more excuses. Tomorrow is a new day for sure.