TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    This may be a bit of a tangent, so forgive me if I'm off topic, but I wonder if anyone else feels that words like "pretty" are reserved for the thin, slim and petite?

I give you props for being the first to post on the Emotional Challenge for the week. I agree with this. I don't feel very pretty that often because of this excess weight that I have. I feel like I've used this weight as a cushion to prevent myself from feeling beautiful or even pretty. When anyone says I'm pretty, I either brush it off or say thank you (brushing it off in my head).
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"

Am I the only one that has no idea what an "up and down" is? Does that mean I jump in place? lol! I feel so dumb asking this!

I'm not sure what it is myself. =p

Even I didnt know it until Karie answered it on the main thread (assume i read it there).. Also, found one video, which could be one of those up downs..

http://www.exercise.com/exercise/up-downs
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Thanks =)
    So I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with the team green signature
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey Green Team! I just completed all the strength challenges for the week in one workout. It took about 15minutes (I went hard and fast). I logged it as "calisthenics, vigorous" and burned 211 calories. My son was super entertained watching me to the U&Ds! My goal is to do that all 6 days this week. Any one want to join me?
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Hey Green Team! I just completed all the strength challenges for the week in one workout. It took about 15minutes (I went hard and fast). I logged it as "calisthenics, vigorous" and burned 211 calories. My son was super entertained watching me to the U&Ds! My goal is to do that all 6 days this week. Any one want to join me?

Lynda,

thats a good one... I can join you for 5 days...cuz I'm already done with 2 days... :-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Today was day off for my dancing..lol.. I was feeling bit low today not for doing exercises, but in general..I was totally lost... Had one hour of my dance class, did 30 mins of yoga, completed squats, did a bit on cleaning and carrying stuffs to my laundry kind of... so burned 396 cals in total excluding squats... tomorrow would be a better day...
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

I've used every excuse in the book. My personal favorite has been "I've never been skinny. Even as a kid I was fit but still thick". Which is true. What bothers me about this is my continued use of it even now. I use it as justification to limit my expectations of myself. Never realized that until this challenge was posted, because it forced me to think about it. In all honesty, since I've never been slim I'm scared to let myself hope that I may one day be slim, fit, and dare I say pretty?!?

This may be a bit of a tangent, so forgive me if I'm off topic, but I wonder if anyone else feels that words like "pretty" are reserved for the thin, slim and petite? I am big boned. I have a large structure. Sure, I also have a lot of excess fat currently residing on that structure but it doesn't take away from the fact that I have hips and shoulders and most likely, once I lose all the weight I hope/plan to lose I will have a very curvy, hourglass type of figure. Realistically, this means that I may still wear a size 10/12 even once I hit my goal. So how will I feel? All my life I've defined myself with words like :cute, funny, quirky, safe, sturdy, adorable, thick, strong. Lately, since I've been so much more aware of my body as well as my own thoughts and feelings about it, I wonder: will I EVER feel like I am justified in using a word like "pretty" or gosh, can I even say it now "sexy" to define my own appeaance? I don't know. But I hope to.

Back to the inital point of the challenge: how do I stop myself from falling back in to the "I''m heavy because..." attitude. Well, I guess I haven't done that yet. But I will. From now on, I'm going to strive to hope, to believe in the thin, slim, fit and pretty version of me that I know is buried soemwhere beneath about 90lbs of excess. It may take time, but I choose to believe that one day I'll look in the mirror and like what I see. And until that day, I'm done with excuses! I got to 261lbs by being lazy and sloppy in my choices. That's a reality. I've gotten to 232.6lbs by busting my butt and making healthy choices that will lead to a longer, happier, healthier life. Also a reality. And I'm gonna get to 140lbs by continuing to make those positive choices. Future reality.

Lynda

This was such a great response, I can relate so much to it! I do believe in the power of thought and we have to have positive thought in this whole process to achieve our ultimate goal. I also always reserved the word pretty for someon thin or the old "she has a pretty face" applied to me but now I will be considered pretty and "sexy"...soon anyway. Thanks for your post, you rock!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

I will too! Starting tomorrow! Yay!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sure! sounds like a plan!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

I have a question.. Just checked the spreadsheet on calories and I saw few of them burning 700-800 calories...was really amazed to see that.. I want to know how do you burn so many calories in a single day... I have never crossed 500 calories in a day...lol...
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Ladies,

I have a question.. Just checked the spreadsheet on calories and I saw few of them burning 700-800 calories...was really amazed to see that.. I want to know how do you burn so many calories in a single day... I have never crossed 500 calories in a day...lol...

I can burn around 800 if I take my 55 min walk including 15 min uphill and then mow my yard for about 45 min,....You are smaller so you burn less calories than alot of us do. Also like Lynda said if you log your strength like she did it adds calories burned.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I only burned 407 colories today, my aunt came to visit, she is in a wheelchair so I loaded and unloaded it about 4 times and pushed her around in it so I am sure I burned a few calories doing that. I wanted to take another walk tonight but with a teething baby there was no way. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Thanks =)

I have to look back because I can't remember but I will find the info for you.

Lynda, wheres your signature??
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Just completed my strength (all of them) for today.. and i think ups and downs is a true challenge...lol
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Thanks =)

I have to look back because I can't remember but I will find the info for you.

Lynda, wheres your signature??

I never figured out how to add the green team logo, so I just never did it! lol! If you tell me how I'll gladly throw it up there:smile:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Took Caleb for his 1yr shots this morning. I'm sure you all heard him scream all the way to where you live! sigh... my poor baby. Luckily he rebounded really quickly but it was heartbreaking to watch him be scared and hurting. I'm so grateful to have the job I do as they allow me to "work form home" on days like this. Which really means do what I can when my baby doesn't need my attention. Love love LOVE my workplace!

Funny story: i got to "sleep in" today. Normally I wake up at 530 to get my 30ds workout done before work, but since I'm not int he office today I figured I could sleep until 7 and still have time to workout and get myself and Caleb ready to go before his appt. Well, I woke up at 540 and had to remind myself that I could sleep longer. Dozed off again and woke at 630 and I swear to God my legs were twitching! I was so ready to get out of bed and get my body moving that I was actually eager to get out of bed and work out. As much as i hate how early my day starts (because it means going to bed early) I love the feeling of getting up and moving right away. Sets my mood and energy levels for the whole day!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    green.jpg

just paste this on your signature ladies
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    That didn't work lol.
    Try this
    http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/SunshineKB923/thingy/green.jpg[/img]

in front of this add , hopefully that works let me know
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Took Caleb for his 1yr shots this morning. I'm sure you all heard him scream all the way to where you live! sigh... my poor baby. Luckily he rebounded really quickly but it was heartbreaking to watch him be scared and hurting. I'm so grateful to have the job I do as they allow me to "work form home" on days like this. Which really means do what I can when my baby doesn't need my attention. Love love LOVE my workplace!

Funny story: i got to "sleep in" today. Normally I wake up at 530 to get my 30ds workout done before work, but since I'm not int he office today I figured I could sleep until 7 and still have time to workout and get myself and Caleb ready to go before his appt. Well, I woke up at 540 and had to remind myself that I could sleep longer. Dozed off again and woke at 630 and I swear to God my legs were twitching! I was so ready to get out of bed and get my body moving that I was actually eager to get out of bed and work out. As much as i hate how early my day starts (because it means going to bed early) I love the feeling of getting up and moving right away. Sets my mood and energy levels for the whole day!

Aww poor little guy, I decided not to get my son shots, I read alot about it and because he isn't in daycare and home with us I decided it was best.

I know what you mean about wanting to get up and move, also i get up and want to eat breakfast, before I had to force it but now that I burn more calories, I need the fuel.
    Have a great day.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    That didn't work lol.
    Try this
    http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/SunshineKB923/thingy/green.jpg[/img]

in front of this add , hopefully that works let me know

It worked! Sweet - thanks Karie! It finally looks like I'm officially a team member now!