TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    One day of dance challenge is completed today...yay!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the naughty son and the mother pampering him! LOL. That is so awesome Renu! Have a great time, I wish I could see it, will you have someone tape it, then you could post it on youtube or something, I would love to watch it. I knew you would be the first to complete the dance challenge..lol. Have a great night.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I need to vent!!...:grumble:
    So my Husband is the one working right now and in September I return to work. I work Sept-April and he works April-Sept. We decided to do this so that we could raise our son without daycare. I am just so annoyed with him right now! Before joining MFP and starting my weight loss journey I didn't have alot of other things going on in my life besides My Son, My Husband, and taking care of the house. I would see my friends on occasion but not very often. He got used to me doing it all and focusing all my attention on everyone else besides me. Now I take time to workout, usually while he is at work but on occasion after he gets home but most days I take my son with me and I do spend sometime online, usually when my son is napping or after my Husband gets home. Lately he has been annoyed by me taking time for myself it seems. He says he is tired when he gets home from work and then wants to spend hours playing his playstation (worst purchase we ever made!!). I tell him I need some time for me too, I love being home with my son all day but by the end of the day I do enjoy some me time, I think he was just spoiled by the way I was before. Thanks for letting me vent, I needed it.

**By the way my Husband is a great guy most days.:heart:
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Before I forget, let me post my desert recipe... Its called Apple Kheer (Indian apple pudding), my all time fav..very simple to make..

Ingredients:
    Apples- 2 medium
    Milk- 5 cups (go in for skimmed milk or reduced fat)
    Sugar- 1/2 cup
    Green Cardamom powder
    Almonds 6-8
    Pistachios- 6-8
    Add any nuts you prefer

Bring milk to a boil in a thick bottom pan and simmer till it thickens. Thickly grate apples without peeling.Heat a pan, add the grated apples and cook on medium heat. Add sugar and stew till sugar melts and continue to cook till most of the moisture evaporates. Add some of the reduced milk and cook. As the mixture thickens add the remaining milk and cook till the kheer thickens some more. Add green cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios and continue to cook till the kheer thickens to the desired consistency. Cool and then chill before serving.

Calories- 151 approx..
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have done a recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Here's my dessert recipe....i got it off this site!

I came across this recipe and it looks amazingly good!!!

Almost Good For You Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies

Yields 12

delish.jpg

Ingredients

9 reduced fat graham cracker squares, crushed finely
    2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
    1 cup 1% milk OR unsweetened soy milk
    ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    1 (1.4 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
    2 cups light or fat-free Cool Whip
    Additional Cool Whip or Redi-Whip for serving

How to make it

Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
    In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine.
    Press crumb mixture into bottom of lined muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon of crumbs per muffin cup).
    Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes; remove pan from oven and cool completely before filling.
    In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and milk together on low speed.
    Add the pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
    Fold in the Cool Whip; spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
    Freeze for several hours or overnight.
    To serve, remove fluffs from freezer, peel off liner and let stand at room temperature to soften slightly, about 5 minutes, and top with a tablespoon of Light or Fat Free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip.

NOTE: For a change in flavor, use vanilla pudding in place of the chocolate pudding -

Originated from User Krumkake on www.grouprecipes.com

"These make a handy snack in the freezer, and you'll never know you're eating something "light" in calories and fat. I can almost make myself believe I'm eating something good for me while still enjoying my indulgence in sweets."

RECIPE.jpg
  • babydbones
    Options
    Emotional challenge: The person that has affected my life in a negative way is ME....And my hopes when I reach my goal is to be a happier me! I hope to have better self esteem!
  • babydbones
    Options
    relaxation challenge...took the day off from working out yesterday and had movie day with my family and painted my nails! :)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I need to vent!!...:grumble:
    So my Husband is the one working right now and in September I return to work. I work Sept-April and he works April-Sept. We decided to do this so that we could raise our son without daycare. I am just so annoyed with him right now! Before joining MFP and starting my weight loss journey I didn't have alot of other things going on in my life besides My Son, My Husband, and taking care of the house. I would see my friends on occasion but not very often. He got used to me doing it all and focusing all my attention on everyone else besides me. Now I take time to workout, usually while he is at work but on occasion after he gets home but most days I take my son with me and I do spend sometime online, usually when my son is napping or after my Husband gets home. Lately he has been annoyed by me taking time for myself it seems. He says he is tired when he gets home from work and then wants to spend hours playing his playstation (worst purchase we ever made!!). I tell him I need some time for me too, I love being home with my son all day but by the end of the day I do enjoy some me time, I think he was just spoiled by the way I was before. Thanks for letting me vent, I needed it.

**By the way my Husband is a great guy most days.:heart:

Oh sweetie... no need to tell us he's great, we know he is. My hubby is great most of the time too but he still manages to piss me of greatly from time to time.

I can compeltely relate to what you are going through. Since returning to work, I do have less time for sitting around and doing nothing (which is how we used to spend our evenings most of the time) and he was getting alittle pissy about it. Finally I just sat him down and told him really bluntly that if we were gonna work then I had to make me work and in order for me to be functioning at my best I need 30ish minutes to myself to work out and I need to not be guilted about it. Turns out he had no idea he was making me feel that way and since we had that talk he's been great. Drives me nuts that men need to be told things that to me are oh-so-obvious but he did. The biggest thing was that I did not come at him at a bad time and I did not get all long-winded and preachy (which as women I think we all are sometimes guilty of doing). I was just short, sweet and to the point. And he got it! Maybe a good tak will clear the air for you too... Good luck!

ps: congrats to you for standing up for your "me time". I'm just now beginning to realize how important it is. Make sure you continue to take care of you even after you return to work. For me it actually got easier when I returned to work because I realized that I actually could not function if I didn't take minute for myself, whereas when I was at home full time, I could still get through my day, I was just miserable (not that that is any beter - I just didn't realize). Balancing work and home is hard, making time for yourself amongst that is harder still, but that being said, if you make a little bit of me time, it makes the juggling act possible. At least for me.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Emotional challenge: The person that has affected my life in a negative way is ME....And my hopes when I reach my goal is to be a happier me! I hope to have better self esteem!

wow. this entry has caused me to have an ephiphany... I'm my own worst enemy too! I was thinking about the emotional challenge and I had a whole list of ppl that have had a negative effect on my weight loss but really it was me that allowed them to do that. Holy crap. My mind is actually a little blown. Thank you SO much for sharing this. you held up a mirror for me to see what I've been doing to myself...

My official answer on the emo challenge: I'm mean to me. And I need to stop that. I'm already getting better, when I look back on the last 3 months (esp the last month being on here with you girls) I have been more self confident, more proud of who I am and waht I am doing ot better myself. And in turn I ahve noticed ppl are treating me differently, better. I thought it was because of the weight loss but now I think, maybe, it's because of the change inside. Hmmm... talk about food for thought.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

Yes I am the person who has effected my life in a negative way of course. I think one of my biggest problems is being a caretaker, when I was 7 and my mom and dad divorced I stepped up as my sisters mom in a way and from then on (probably before that) I have always been the one who tried to take care of everyone else, being there for them whenever they needed me. I have 5 sisters and I am the one they come to most of the time. I think I just put myself on the back burner for way to long. I catch myself still doing this sometimes especially with my Dad, he is disabled and I try to be there for him as much as I can but sometimes I take away from my family for it. I think in the process of losing this weight I am learning to finally take care of me, and there has been some negative and positive responsing in doing so. I used to try to please everyone and do whatever it was they needed me to do but now I am slowly learning I will be a better sister, daughter, Wife, Mother and friend if I take care of myself first.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Lynda-
    Thank you for the advise, I will try again to have a chat with my Hubby. I am so glad yours was so responsive to what you needed, that fabulous.
    Have a great day
    Karie
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Good Work Everyone!

I just want to log what I've done in the week. Even though it's not too much.
    Cardio:
    Thursday 8/11 - I went to the gym for an hour. I was determined to keep myself moving on the treadmill, but after 45 minutes I was ready to quit and stopped to end my workout. Then I decided to stay on, which isn't that amazing...but a feat for me in my beginning stages of weight loss.

Monday 8/15 - I was planning on waking up around 9am to go down to the gym, but ended up being called into work for the weekday receptionist. I'm going to Florida to visit family for a week, so she's filling in for me over the weekend. I'm really excited about my trip. I've never taken a "vacation" alone before, so this is amazing.

For the Dancing part, I actually rented a Ballroom Dance DVD thursday night before I joined this group! So I'm defintely going to have my guy friend try it out with me. I used to take a Ballroom Dance class with a few friends and really enjoyed it. I hope to start up with it again soon. I just need a partner!

Relaxation:
    I've been reading the book called One Day for a while now, and have it on my kindle app on my phone and my computer (not the actual kindle, I don't see myself spending money to buy that!). The book is really amazing, and will be coming out as a movie this upcoming Friday with Jim Sturgess (if anyone doesn't know him, he's from the movie 21) and Anne Hathaway.

Emotional:
    I recently stopped talking to the two girls in my area that I've been hanging out with. They are too trashy for me, and I've known for a while that I deserve much better. When I was 16, a junior in high school, I lost my two best friends ( not to death thank god). One of them moved down to Delaware and we still keep in contact but I miss her. She has a beautiful two year old daughter, who was born on the day of my high school graduation! My other friend called me from rehab. I had no idea that she was suicidal or bullemic. That was a real shock to me, and it was hard to go without those two close friends. So I started hanging out with my moms friends daughter, whom I had grown up with and was like a little sister to me. My senior year of high school, I went to a college upstate and made some amazing friends, but what I really missed was my friends I left back home. I came back home to a local college the following year to maintain my friendship with my moms friends daughter and the two girls we were great friends with. Unfortunately, one of the three girls had a falling out with the two girls and I, and I finally found my strength to stop talking to the trashy two that I remained friends with. It really stinks not having female friends to hangout with, but I know that the second I try contacting the two girls to hangout, I'm just repeating past mistakes and harming myself with their nonsense and made up drama.

Go Team Green!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Sorry Ladies,

So much has been going on here..I now sit back and read all the messages... Had been to the bank finally to open an account...lol i had to do it 2 months back.. :-)

Emotional challenge- Its only, only and only me... I never bothered to see what am I eating, never realized I was putting on weight, never bothered to weigh myself, when one fine day my husband says I have put on lots of weight and I need some dieting.. Actually it is true... previously whenever I go on shopping for clothes, I never bothered If I would really fit in clothes kind of.. I never went more than size Medium... but these days, I don't even look at size M, its always L or XL... I always remember this one incident.. when my sis was back from US we went to our dance teacher, when compared to my sis Im okay kind, she was also overweight more than me.. But to my surprise, my dance teacher said to my sis that she is okay and haven't put on lot of weight and she always used to tell me that I am overweight and I need to reduce... Me and my sis both were shocked.. Finally we thought, why she made such a statement.. My sis was overweight from quite sometime and my teacher was used to seeing her at that weight.. But I have always been thinner and all of a sudden she looks at me that too being over weight, so imagined that i was too overweight... But Im glad that I realized this before I could see myself as obese... I am overweight but not obese, so this overweight thingy has to come down to ideal weight and I will be happy to see myself thinner and dance without having any guilt within me that do I look fat on stage? What will the audience think of me? I am shapeless and should I continue dancing? I will get answers to all my questions in few months time from now... (but a very percentage goes to my dance teacher, who more than mother to me.. I started going to her when i was 6 yrs old and I can share anything on this earth with her.. even though she felt i was overweight, she always used to feed me with whatever was prepared at her home, so i eat 2 times, once what my mom used to prepare and second she used to give me food...lol..but at the end of the day, i had to make right choices then...lol)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

Yes I am the person who has effected my life in a negative way of course. I think one of my biggest problems is being a caretaker, when I was 7 and my mom and dad divorced I stepped up as my sisters mom in a way and from then on (probably before that) I have always been the one who tried to take care of everyone else, being there for them whenever they needed me. I have 5 sisters and I am the one they come to most of the time. I think I just put myself on the back burner for way to long. I catch myself still doing this sometimes especially with my Dad, he is disabled and I try to be there for him as much as I can but sometimes I take away from my family for it. I think in the process of losing this weight I am learning to finally take care of me, and there has been some negative and positive responsing in doing so. I used to try to please everyone and do whatever it was they needed me to do but now I am slowly learning I will be a better sister, daughter, Wife, Mother and friend if I take care of myself first.

Karie,

I am so so proud of you today after having read your emotional challenge... This is one of the healthiest decision you have made...

wtg!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Relaxation challenge- I have got a whole range of make up things for myself in the weekend... wow I'm loving it..and I'm gonna use it for my performance...yippeee...

Karie,

my husband would probably record a video of my performance and may take some pics as well... will keep you all posted on this...
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    That's great! It's always fun to make yourself look pretty. I'm not that great with make up and hair designs, really need to work on that!
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Sorry Ladies,

So much has been going on here..I now sit back and read all the messages... Had been to the bank finally to open an account...lol i had to do it 2 months back.. :-)

Emotional challenge- Its only, only and only me... I never bothered to see what am I eating, never realized I was putting on weight, never bothered to weigh myself, when one fine day my husband says I have put on lots of weight and I need some dieting.. Actually it is true... previously whenever I go on shopping for clothes, I never bothered If I would really fit in clothes kind of.. I never went more than size Medium... but these days, I don't even look at size M, its always L or XL... I always remember this one incident.. when my sis was back from US we went to our dance teacher, when compared to my sis Im okay kind, she was also overweight more than me.. But to my surprise, my dance teacher said to my sis that she is okay and haven't put on lot of weight and she always used to tell me that I am overweight and I need to reduce... Me and my sis both were shocked.. Finally we thought, why she made such a statement.. My sis was overweight from quite sometime and my teacher was used to seeing her at that weight.. But I have always been thinner and all of a sudden she looks at me that too being over weight, so imagined that i was too overweight... But Im glad that I realized this before I could see myself as obese... I am overweight but not obese, so this overweight thingy has to come down to ideal weight and I will be happy to see myself thinner and dance without having any guilt within me that do I look fat on stage? What will the audience think of me? I am shapeless and should I continue dancing? I will get answers to all my questions in few months time from now... (but a very percentage goes to my dance teacher, who more than mother to me.. I started going to her when i was 6 yrs old and I can share anything on this earth with her.. even though she felt i was overweight, she always used to feed me with whatever was prepared at her home, so i eat 2 times, once what my mom used to prepare and second she used to give me food...lol..but at the end of the day, i had to make right choices then...lol)

I know what it's like on the sister part. Growing up, my sister would be told that she needed to gain weight, while our pediatrician would tell me I needed to lose weight. That always made me feel worse, knowing that she was so thin and didn't appear to be putting any effort into it.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    My name is Cathleen btw. I don't remember if I put that down yet.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Baby Tiramisù

If you're a fan of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu, try this quick, lower-calorie variation the next time you need a dessert in a hurry. Both types of ladyfingers—spongy and crunchy—work well.

Active Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients
    1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, (4 ounces)
    2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    12 ladyfingers, (about 1 3/4 ounces)
    4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided
    2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)

Preparation
    1.Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
    2.Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
    Tips & Notes
    Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.

NutritionPer serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat ( 1 g sat , 0 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.

Carbohydrate Servings: 1

Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other), 1/2 fat