TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey girlies!! Yea I do look forward to working out more. But gotta be honest I like M W F better...I think the 30DS is a bit much with my gym workouts...I mean my body is good with it and I truely think whatever I'm doing it working czu man girls I got some triceps showing LMAO!!! But I dread my 30DS workouts but I don't want to give up!!!! But I do like the gym better. Yea not sure how my wi is gonna go tomorrow since I wasn't feeling good a couple of days! But remember muscle weighs more than fat!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

A special thanks to MichelleLydia,Purplefly,sisa2324,Jwlzboatie, and Lovenevrnds. You all made this challenge this week! You are awesome!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Sorry I haven't been around much today but I wasn't feeling very well. I wanted to focus on getting the challenge ready. I hope everyone is ready for weigh in tomorrow, I am a bit nervous.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Points for the Green Team:

Karie-5
    Lynda-
    Renu-
    Tamra-
    Deanna-

I hope you were all able to finish the challenge this week, I will add up our points in the morning.
    Please paste and copy.
  • babydbones
    Options
    Lynda- I love your honestly!! I think it's grea that you don't hide behind the computer and are honest with yourself!! You're a great motivation!!!

Renuka-I think that you are a very kind hearted and strong willed woman! You are doing a great job!!!

Tamra-I think that you are going to go so far! You've already lost quite a bit of weight and you are just going to kill it!! You are awesome girl!!!!
  • babydbones
    Options

Karie-5
    Lynda-
    Renu-
    Tamra-
    Deanna- 5

I hope you were all able to finish the challenge this week, I will add up our points in the morning.
    Please paste and copy.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Karie-5
    Lynda- 5
    Renu-
    Tamra-
    Deanna- 5

Please paste and copy.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 3 weight: 234.6
    Weekly +/-: O
    Total +/-: 26.4
    Goal: to lose more weight! LOL! At least I didn't gain. Although I was completely honest with myself last night and I know the reason I didn't lose was because I was feeling lethargic. I think what you were all saying to me last week (re: cheat day post) about not eating enough calories was true, it just took a few days for the message to sink in. But it wasn't just that: I barely drank enough water last week, I routinely forgot to take my vitamins and my workouts were less than 100% committed. I'm pretty sureI can blame all of this on the lethargy caused by inadvertanly depriving my body of the nutritents it needs. So, I'm turning over a new leaf (ro, should I say, I'm turning over the originl leaf again?). My goal for this week is to eat a fuller, balanced diet, drink tons of water and take my vitamins every day. In turn that should help renew my enrgy for exercise as well as my general outlook. Look out Belly Fat - I'm coming for ya!!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:
    Starting weight: 244.8
    Starting MFP Weight: 233.8
    Week 1 Weight: 228.2
    Week 2 Weight: 224.2
    Week 3 Weight: 221.8
    Weekly +/-: -2.4 :smile:
    Total +/-: -23lbs
    60 day goal: Hit 208lbs
    Goal: 165 lbs

I am happy with my loss this week! I didn't peek at the scale all week so this morning I was pretty excited to see what my loss would be.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Goal: to lose more weight! LOL! At least I didn't gain. Although I was completely honest with myself last night and I know the reason I didn't lose was because I was feeling lethargic. I think what you were all saying to me last week (re: cheat day post) about not eating enough calories was true, it just took a few days for the message to sink in. But it wasn't just that: I barely drank enough water last week, I routinely forgot to take my vitamins and my workouts were less than 100% committed. I'm pretty sureI can blame all of this on the lethargy caused by inadvertanly depriving my body of the nutritents it needs. So, I'm turning over a new leaf (ro, should I say, I'm turning over the originl leaf again?). My goal for this week is to eat a fuller, balanced diet, drink tons of water and take my vitamins every day. In turn that should help renew my enrgy for exercise as well as my general outlook. Look out Belly Fat - I'm coming for ya!!!

Lynda,
    I think you are so right about meeting your calorie goal daily, I sometimes have to just force something down and it does he;p me get energized. I believe you will lose weight next week if you do these things you talk about. I know that you are commited so I know that isn't the problem. Here's to kicken some **s next week!
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Tue 08/09/11 09:38 PMSAHMU Challenge Week 4 (Revised)

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

A special thanks to MichelleLydia,Purplefly,sisa2324,Jwlzboatie, and Lovenevrnds. You all made this challenge this week! You are awesome!

**There was to much controversy over giving something up so now we will have another recipe challenge instead.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

I am happy with my loss this week! I didn't peek at the scale all week so this morning I was pretty excited to see what my loss would be.

Great job Karie! I'm so jealous (in a good way!) and so motivated to get to where you are! Keep going strong!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Great job Karie! I'm so jealous (in a good way!) and so motivated to get to where you are! Keep going strong!!

Thank you so much. I wouldn't be here and losing if it wasn't for the support I get from you and this team. It helps push me everyday! You are awesome and your gonna kill it next week!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Karie-5
    Lynda- 5
    Renu- 5
    Tamra-
    Deanna- 5

Please paste and copy.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Starting MFP Weight: 152
    Week 1 Weight:152
    Week 2 Weight:155
    Week 3 Weight: 162.4
    Weekly +/-: 7.4

Look at the scale up by 7.4 , is that possible? Was my older scale not working? I have done everything possible, I dont know where the scale would go... I have reached the maximum possible, next week the scale would definitely going down..Till date, I was always at 155lbs, have never gone above that... I am feeling sick from past 2 days, dont know whats going wrong... Gosh, look at that difference, even if I am bloating, would it add so much?

This week's goal- 160lbs...I am starting again... But yes, it will happen...
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Lynda,

Congrats on getting down that extra lbs...Yay!! You are doing a splendid job on not gaining...:-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Thank you so much. I wouldn't be here and losing if it wasn't for the support I get from you and this team. It helps push me everyday! You are awesome and your gonna kill it next week!

Karie,

Excellent job! Yippeee for that... :-)

I am excited on this week's challenge that too including dance...wow....
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh ins:

Starting MFP Weight: 152
    Week 1 Weight:152
    Week 2 Weight:155
    Week 3 Weight: 162.4
    Weekly +/-: 7.4

Look at the scale up by 7.4 , is that possible? Was my older scale not working? I have done everything possible, I dont know where the scale would go... I have reached the maximum possible, next week the scale would definitely going down..Till date, I was always at 155lbs, have never gone above that... I am feeling sick from past 2 days, dont know whats going wrong... Gosh, look at that difference, even if I am bloating, would it add so much?

This week's goal- 160lbs...I am starting again... But yes, it will happen...

That doesn't seem possible, maybe your scale was off before. Don't worry about it you are awesome and you do everything you can! You inspire me to push harder everyday! Yes the dance challenge made me think of you!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I might not be on much for the next few days. I just heard that my maternal grandmother passed away last night. less than a month after my paternal grandma passed. I will still be logging food/exercise on my phone cuz I use the app for that, but if I'm less chatty on here that's why. Doesn't mean I'm abandoning the team tho. Just gotta take care of family.
    L.
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    I might not be on much for the next few days. I just heard that my maternal grandmother passed away last night. less than a month after my paternal grandma passed. I will still be logging food/exercise on my phone cuz I use the app for that, but if I'm less chatty on here that's why. Doesn't mean I'm abandoning the team tho. Just gotta take care of family.
    L.

Oh, I'm sorry.. May her soul rest in peace... You take care of yourself and your family..God Bless dear...