Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options

Replies

• sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No lb loss for me, either. But today is a new week and a new set of challenges. Good luck everyone.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This week is gonna be a rough one for me.TOM has decided to grace me with its presence. Ugh! I was at the gym and ready to do my workout when low and behold, there is TOM! I cant work out when its there sooooo needless to say I came home and I am just gonna try to eat well. Hopefully my sweet cravings dont take over!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost a little this week. -0.4. I guess it's something and I have my teadmill now so now it's work work work :)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    HI guys!!! just checking in before I hit the hay! I don't really have too much to report.. but I did just finish my workout ( 4 mile dvd, plus the stairs thing. We have a set of 3 stairs in our bedroom, where I was doing my workout, so it was handy, but I had to keep my hand on the railing simply so I didn't get dizzy!!! The 5 minutes went a lot faster than I had expected it to though! ( especially with only 3 stairs!! )
    We're amping up for the return to school -wheehee!! I'm almost more excited than Matthew!! I'm freaking myself out about upcoming commitments though.. ugh! I'm doing the daycare thing, and organize a free playgroup every Friday morning in our community. Fairly soon, Zumba will be starting ( hopefully, Tuesday nights...), I want to join the Kinettes here ( first Thursday of the month, plus commitments), I am the chair of a fairly labor intensive committee in our church, I have a home-based business ( JockeyP2P)for which I *should* do a party or 2, and now I have been asked to run the skating program in our local arena for the kids Matthew's age, which will start soon, and be every Friday after school. Not to mention that John is never home, and my "sitters" ( my parents) have their own busy schedules to deal with. :sad: I think I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!! I think I just need to sit back and figure out my actual calendar.. I'm sure it won't be as insane as I'm fearing.

Anyway, on that note.. I should get some sleep! Hope you're all doing well with this one!!

Cindy-- Yaaayyy!! Treadmill!! I'm sure it'll make things much easier! And hey-- .4 is half a pound in the right direction! Good for you!!

Mel-- OOooh, don't give in!! Those cravings are the worst! Stupid TOM... but, remember, it's an important function of your body, and tells you that you're healthy! Now, to just find something to satisfy the sweet thing without eating you out of house and home.. :)

Steph-- Aaahh, it will all come off in time. I'm sure you're busy prepping.. oh, no.. wait, you still have a good ***** of your mat leave left! You're busy NOT prepping for the return of school.. how exciting!! And you're right.. new week, new challenges!! How did you make out with 30 DS? I haven't done it for 2 days.. and only have 5 days left of level 3.. I just needed a break from her!!

Kristin-- How's the crazy over where you are? I'm sure it was an exciting day at your house-- pre-k!! Eeep!!! And looking forward to hearing how the calcium thing is going-- it's interesting to see how your awareness changes as you start tracking new things!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

My little Natalie is loving PreK so far...such a confident, fearless little girl!

I am struggling with jealousy right now and would appreciate any advice or just prayer lol! My husband is doing SO great, and I am so very proud of him! The weight is flying off of him. A few times within the past couple weeks I've been with him while someone is just raving about his weight loss & they've looked at me and said "I know you must be SO proud of him!" And I definitely am...it's just kind of discouraging when only a handful of people have commented about my loss while everyone is just going crazy about his. I really hope this doesn't sound horrible of me! I know that he had a lot more weight to lose than me PLUS he's a man & they lose weight faster PLUS the fact that he's running PLUS the fact that it's all in his torso area so it's a much more obvious loss....it's just hard to not feel bummed when I'm losing so slowly compared to him (1 pound in 2 weeks compared to his like 10 pounds).
  • daisyelaine
    Options

Steph-- Aaahh, it will all come off in time. I'm sure you're busy prepping.. oh, no.. wait, you still have a good ***** of your mat leave left! You're busy NOT prepping for the return of school.. how exciting!! And you're right.. new week, new challenges!! How did you make out with 30 DS? I haven't done it for 2 days.. and only have 5 days left of level 3.. I just needed a break from her!!

HA! MFP edited me!!! AND, it wasn't even bad!!! I said something about having a good chunk, or part ( can't remember) left.. and it made it look like .. well, I don't know what it would be, but I swear, not something that needed to be edited!!
  • sisa2324
    Options

HA! MFP edited me!!! AND, it wasn't even bad!!! I said something about having a good chunk, or part ( can't remember) left.. and it made it look like .. well, I don't know what it would be, but I swear, not something that needed to be edited!!

Ha! And here I thought you were some big potty mouth!
    Thanks, though! Im not too sure what's going on. I've upped my cardio, food has stayed about the same, but not really seeing results. I guess I'll have to do some adjusting with my diet.
    Not too sure how the next couple of weeks are going to go. My husband and I are both teachers, but I still have 6+ months of maternity leave left. I've had him around all summer so I could pretty much exercise when I wanted. Not too sure how you ladies do it, butt I guess I'm going to have to figure it out! I'll use you all as inspirations, and good swift kicks in the butt to get me going!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am so exhausted today and I ready for this TOM to leave. Some seem worse than others. I am pushing thru it and not giving to cravings! So hopefully I can lose some weight next week! Have a wonderful labor day weekend!!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

My little Natalie is loving PreK so far...such a confident, fearless little girl!

I am struggling with jealousy right now and would appreciate any advice or just prayer lol! My husband is doing SO great, and I am so very proud of him! The weight is flying off of him. A few times within the past couple weeks I've been with him while someone is just raving about his weight loss & they've looked at me and said "I know you must be SO proud of him!" And I definitely am...it's just kind of discouraging when only a handful of people have commented about my loss while everyone is just going crazy about his. I really hope this doesn't sound horrible of me! I know that he had a lot more weight to lose than me PLUS he's a man & they lose weight faster PLUS the fact that he's running PLUS the fact that it's all in his torso area so it's a much more obvious loss....it's just hard to not feel bummed when I'm losing so slowly compared to him (1 pound in 2 weeks compared to his like 10 pounds).

That would be really difficult. Yes, women tend to lose slower, but it also seems that men put it on quicker. Not that that's any consolation to you, but our bodies are just so different. No matter what he will never look as good as you in a little black dress! And his body will be much less fun to dress up once you both make your goals. Hard work will pay off and when it does it will feel good!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

That would be really difficult. Yes, women tend to lose slower, but it also seems that men put it on quicker. Not that that's any consolation to you, but our bodies are just so different. No matter what he will never look as good as you in a little black dress! And his body will be much less fun to dress up once you both make your goals. Hard work will pay off and when it does it will feel good!

There's also the fact that many people are hesitant to compliment women about weight loss cause it can be a sensitive subject. I know that I would be much more likely to say something about weight loss to a man than a woman.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Oh hon! I'm with Stephanie--Our bodies are so very different... but you've done awesome. Stupid boys do lose it more easily, but as she said.. they do put in back on more quickly too, and more obviously. And, if he has more to lose than you too, then he will get to enjoy those big numbers a little bit longer too. Don't worry, when you have some stunning outfit on, you'll have your turn!! Lol..
    It's funny.. whenever people talk about losing weight as a couple, I can only think back to Ed and Heba from season.. uh.. whatever of the Biggest loser. They were a couple that Both made it to the finale, and they were showing their progress video on the last show. From being both over 300lbs, to doing these crazy workouts and being super fit as a couple. You know my only thought? "Holy moly.. I can only imagine what that has done for their sex life!!!!" Of course, at the time, I was a Passion parties consultant too.. lol..
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Oh bed... I'm on the way!
    Got in a 3 mile workout tonight, plus did the stairs again ( on a set of 8 stairs instead of 3.. significantly less dizzy!) and the arm exercises. Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the wording on those to be a little much? I had to read a few of them more than a couple times! Anyway.. I was going to get out with the kids for a walk outside, but time was working against me.
    Tomorrow, trip in to the city to hit up Costco and a few other shops.. hopefully I'll get something in in the mornin, or it ain't happening!!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all the encouraging words ((HUGS)). It's like I know these things logically...it's just a hard pill to swallow at the moment lol. It also helps that he has kept clothes even from high school so he has stuff that fits him well and my clothes are just hanging off of me right now!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!! Got our big shopping trip in yesterday, with a few exciting bits for me-- picked up some new Jillian DVD's at Indigo (for cheap!!), bought my first keg ( I swear, this thing is huge) of good quality protein whey powder (flavor--Chocolate peanut swirl!! MMmmmm!), and got all Matthew's back to school shopping done, plus some groceries too. All good! I did manage to squeak in a bit of a workout yesterday morning, but my plan to bump it up last night was crowded out by sheer exhaustion. Ah well, sleep is important too!!
    Day around home today ( after church), so maybe it won't look *as much* like a tornado has ripped through here... plus, I have peaches and relish to can!

Hope you're all having a great long weekend!!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good morning my Yellow Team. Sorry I have been MIA recently. I am trying to get my pain under control with the doctor and have a doctor's appt tomorrow so hopefully I will get some answers. This has been going on for three years now. I hope all of you are doing well.
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Oh bed... I'm on the way!
    Got in a 3 mile workout tonight, plus did the stairs again ( on a set of 8 stairs instead of 3.. significantly less dizzy!) and the arm exercises. Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the wording on those to be a little much? I had to read a few of them more than a couple times! Anyway.. I was going to get out with the kids for a walk outside, but time was working against me.
    Tomorrow, trip in to the city to hit up Costco and a few other shops.. hopefully I'll get something in in the mornin, or it ain't happening!!

I agree, the explanations were very wordy! I took a look, but gave up reading. Not sure if I am going to be able to get those done. Definitely not the way that was suggested (rest days in between). I may just have to not get points for it. I've been doing other strength moves, but am staying away from too much arm stuff. I gain muscle fairly easily and after doing 30ds I've noticed that my arms are bigger, which was not my intent. Not too sure how to avoid this and still get in some strength.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Ok!! Drumroll please!!!

For the week:
    Calcium-- Done!
    Arms: Done!
    Cardio ( stairs)-- Done!
    Calorie burn - Done!
    Emotional- Done!
    Commitment- Done! ( between here and the other thread...)

Total-- 10 points!!! Dah dah daaaahhhh!!!

Looking forward to seeing how we all did this week!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Highest weight-- 265 ( 1 week before delivery) ( Aug3/09)
    Start Weight- 225 ( Nov 15/09)
    Starting MFP 208lbs (June 6/11)
    Starting SAHMU 199lbs
    Week 1 Weight 199.4 lbs
    Week 2 weight 196.4 lbs
    Week 3 weight- 196.2 lbs
    Week 4 weight- 194.4 lbs
    Week 5 weight- 195.4 lbs.
    Week 6 weight- 196.2 lbs.
    Week 7 weight- 194.6lbs
    Goal Weight 145lbs (loooong term..)

-/+ this week -1.6 lbs. ... YAAAAAYYYYY!!! FINALLY!!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    SAHMU 60 Day Challenge
    Final Week

Cardio: Enter in you calorie burns each day = 1 point
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

** I am hoping that everyone by now has a routine and that they are excited about exercise. So this week I would like everyone to set a goal for themselves. What will you commit to? Your post today and everyday will read:
    I will show you what my goals will be

Cardio part 2: ( 1 point)
    Add atleast an extra 100 calorie workout to my routine everyday, something new.
    Burn atleast 500 calories per day.
    Wednesday- Goal completed
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Saturday-
    Sunday-
    Monday-
    Tuesday-

Strength:( 4 different strength workouts = 4 points)

200 sit-up's
    Wednesday- 50 sit- ups completed

100 lunges
    Wednesday 25 Lunges completed

100 push-ups
    Wednesday 25 push-ups completed

200 squats
    Wednesday- 25 squats Completed

Food: (1 point)
    Stay under Carbs atleast 4 days.

Emotional challenge: (1 point)
    What has this challenge meant to you? How has it helped you? Anyone that stands out on your team?

** I hope this works for everyone, share your goals here and on the main thread. You all have done an amazing job!! To those of you who are wanting to continue our challenge, I am so excited about it!