Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options
Hi everyone! This is team yellow's page. Please post a little about yourselves so that we can get started.
Good luck!!

Replies

• sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    REMINDER-WEEK 1

"Weigh in Wednesdays"

Our post will read:
    Starting MFP Weight
    Starting SAHMU Weight
    Week 1 Weight
    Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 9:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! I'm so excited to get this rolling!

My name is Elaine,33, and I'm a SAHM to my 2 kids( 6 and 2), plus I run a home daycare ( add up to 4 other kids, ages 2-6), plus I have a home based business, plus my hubby is never home because of his work. Sheesh, I just got tired writing all that out! Hubby works for CN ( trains) doing track maintenance, so he's only home 2 weekends a month, and is usually at LEAST 6-8 hours away, so I'm practically a single mom. Makes things a little crazy, but we survive.
    I'm trying to teach my kids the importance of eating REAL food-- buy a lot at farmer's markets, and grow what we can. I know that the more clean and simply I eat too, the better I feel. Where we are, (farm in a rural area) we have decent access to that kind of sutff too, so I have great opportunities to have my kids KNOW where their food comes, which I have learned is a real blessing.
    Ummmm.... what else.. I'm currently on vacation, staying at my in-laws in PEI, and will be back home to Manitoba next week. Doing the challenges certainly makes me more aware of what I'm doing while we're out here, but in a good way!! I'm also doing an exercise challenge at the same time, so I sould be motivated up the wazoo. :happy:

Looking forward to meeting you all!! ( and sorry for being pretty longwinded!!!)

Go team Yellow!!!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

My name is Cindy 27, and I'm a mom to my 2 kids( 4 and 3), plus I work at my Walmart as a Photo Tech/Electronics, Toys, Connect Center Associate full time, plus my hubby who works full time as well.. I have a very supportive husband through out my weight loss journey. I am a MFP weight loss junkie and have been on this site since March 3 of this year.

I'm trying to teach my kids how to eat healthy as I didn't get that much growing up. I just started teaching them this so next year we are hoping to start a garden as a family. We live out in the country on a farm close to my parents (they live a mile away) so I walk there often. I love photography and have a Canon Rebel XS right now that is my baby.

I wanted to find a group to help motivate me and this seemed to be the right place even though I am not a SAHM she was nice enough to let me join. Doing this challenges through out this will be tuff for me as I am a full time employee but am willing to give it a try.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the yellow team.
  • thefishers4
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesdays"

Starting MFP 218lbs
    Starting SAHMU 181lbs
    Week 1 Weight 181lbs
    Goal Weight over all is 130lbs

Week 1
    Cardio:
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
    7-20: Not done yet!!

7-20: Done!!!

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! No problem my kitchen for me closes at 8:30pm!!!!

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around.

I feel like I have carried this weight around for 5 years now because I felt like I wasn't important enough. When you have a miscarriage and then you have two kids they are the loves of your life you kind of forget about yourself and put them first and they father. I figured there wasn't anytime for just Cindy and now I know that, that isn't true. (That felt so good to get off of my chest)!!!!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melissa! I am so excited to be team yellow! It is my fav color. I am gonna have to write more this afternoon about myself and fill out my form because I gotta take my little ones to storytime here in about 30 mins. I just wanted to let you all know I am on board!! Oh yeah!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Starting MFP = 211
    Starting SAHMU= 205.3
    Week 1 Weight=
    Goal Weight= 164

Week 1
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ***I do the elliptical at the gym (my mom watches my kids) and I pumped up to 10 resistance at 40 mins. 5 times a week. And I strength train so really its like 2 hours at the gym.
    7/20 cardio workout= done!
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week= 7/20 done!

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! = done! I dont eat after 5pm

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around
    ***Well I definetly know why I have. I gained 80lbs. with my last son and he is 9 months and I am working it off!! I have enjoyed my journey so far and look forward to the day when I get that personal trainers certificate!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    A little about me....
    I am a mom of 2 super awesome boys ages 6yr. and 9 mons. I NEED this weight to come off so I found this wonderful site and it has helped alot. I have lost 27 lbs. so far on my own and 6lbs. on here. I have 41 to go! I am currently losing 2 lbs. a week and prays that it will continue. I am a Christian and I LOVE my Jesus with all my heart. I am a minister and praying to get my personal trainers certificate after I lose this weight! My hubby Jeff is my rock! He supports me and we cook the right foods together! I want my kids to eat healthy and I am determined to teach them. That's pretty much all I have to say about myself. I love staying at home with my baby boy and love summer when my older boy is home with me! Well soooooo happy to be on team yellow and so excited to get started!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Hi! A little about me...I have a four month old baby boy. I am not the most active person,but can commit myself to exercise, I've done it before. I am a teacher, but on mat leave until next march. I still have 30 pregnancy pounds to lose, and hopefully a little extra. I'm moving to a new house Friday, which will make it a little hard to workout, but I guess that moving and lifting boxes is pretty physical anyway. I'm really excited about this challenge, it will be great motivation. I'm hoping that you guys will help keep me accountable...so feel free to ask "have you done your workout today??" anyway, that's a little about me.
    Starting mfp-215
    Starting SAHMU-211
    Goal-180 by november

25 squats done
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Starting MFP 208lbs
    Starting SAHMU 198lbs
    Week 1 Weight 198lbs
    Goal Weight 145lbs (loooong term..)

got my walk in tonight, and the squats! Now to do some soul searching....
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, Team Yellow!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Was just thinking about how best to keep track of everything for posting on the main page. Was thinking that we could all continue to post what we want and then on tuesdays maybe everyone could post a summary so that I can report back our progress to the main page and calculate our points. I will need to know how many of the goals were met (1 point each for cardio, strength, emotional and the kitchen one!)
    so...sometime Tuesday (but not too late, I'll probably post the points on the main page around 10pm) please answer these two questions....

-How many goals met?
    -weight lost this week

Thanks and good luck
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP 164
    Starting SAHMU 161
    Week 1 Weight 161
    Goal Weight 150

Exercise: I'll do 4 days of turbo fire this week
    No problem keeping the kitchen closed at 9.
    I'm this weight because I've had 2 kids and I'm ready to be back to my former self!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Starting MFP = 211
    Starting SAHMU= 205.3
    Week 1 Weight=
    Goal Weight= 164

Week 1
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ***I do the elliptical at the gym (my mom watches my kids) and I pumped up to 10 resistance at 40 mins. 5 times a week. And I strength train so really its like 2 hours at the gym.
    7/21 cardio workout= done!
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week= 7/21 done!

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! = done! I dont eat after 5pm

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around
    ***I feel that I gave up at one point on being healthy but, now I am on the ball again!! Dont want to fall off the wagon like that again!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Hey team yellow!!! Melissa here. One of the other ladies from the other group had her husband do up a signature thing for each one of the teams. I copied it and put little butterflies on ours. I think it is super cute! Here is the link to my photobucket so you can add it to your signature. Make sure when you copy and paste it to your signature, you change the IMG on both ends to img (lowercase) or the pic will not work. Make sure you copy the IMG code. Hope you all like it!!

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/joshandmom/?action=view&current=yellow.jpg&t=1311271548519
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tried the signature and it didnt work and I'm no good on computers! Help!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    I sent you a private message on what to do. Let me know if it works!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Okee!! Got my 50 minutes in today, and the squats! I tell ya though.. this will be much easier when I'm at home! :)

Hope you all had an awesome day...
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Hey everyone! Keep up the great work. I'll be moving to a new house tomorrow and then a wedding for the rest of the weekend so I won't be on here much. But I'll make sure I get my week of workouts in by Tuesday.
    Talk to everyone soon...and the signature bars look great!
  • thefishers4
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesdays"

Starting MFP 218lbs
    Starting SAHMU 181lbs
    Week 1 Weight 181lbs
    Goal Weight over all is 130lbs

Week 1
    Cardio:
    7-20: Not done yet!!
    7-21: I did my Gazelle and alot of walking at work so done for today.

7-20: Done!!!
    7-21: Done!!!!

Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! No problem my kitchen for me closes at 8:30pm!!!!
    Kitchen tonight 8:30pm on 7-21

Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around.

I feel like I have carried this weight around for 5 years now because I felt like I wasn't important enough. When you have a miscarriage and then you have two kids they are the loves of your life you kind of forget about yourself and put them first and they father. I figured there wasn't anytime for just Cindy and now I know that, that isn't true. (That felt so good to get off of my chest)!!!!!
  • thefishers4
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope everyone is doing great tonight. Keep up the great work.