Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options

Replies

• CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I vote chocolate pumpkin cupcakes! Elaine, did you try those monkey bars yet?
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    19 points so far with 4 members checked in. Ill submit the monkey bars, since that was where my vote went and I think most other teams have already put their recipe up.
  • sisa2324
    Options
    and i think that i finally got the weigh ins figured out on the spreadsheet...thanks to whomever helped me out!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    And here is this week's challenge....

SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
    Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge please enter in your calorie burns there daily along with your goal.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    *You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
    Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

****On a separate note....lets set a team yellow goal. Can we try to post ALMOST daily updates of what we are doing?? This would tie in fairly well with this weeks challenge, since we are supposed to report how we are getting our calorie burn and since there are 6 different strength challenges. Just thought that we need to liven up our board a little, and thinking that I need a little motivation to keep updating.*** (i'll start by posting my workout for today)
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Wednesday August 17th...

30 DS=210 calories burned
    Day 1 of C25K=270 calories burned
    Total=480 calories burned
    50 sit-ups or crunches done (as a part of 30 DS)

I am going to set my calorie goal at 3000 calories, which will be a little bit of a stretch. That means that I have to do 30 ds and something else everyday...but i've been feeling pretty good during the 30 ds lately so i'm hoping that I can do it.
    Good luck ladies. Lets have another strong week!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Wednesday August 17th...

30 DS=210 calories burned
    Day 1 of C25K=270 calories burned
    Total=480 calories burned
    50 sit-ups or crunches done (as a part of 30 DS)

I am going to set my calorie goal at 3000 calories, which will be a little bit of a stretch. That means that I have to do 30 ds and something else everyday...but i've been feeling pretty good during the 30 ds lately so i'm hoping that I can do it.
    Good luck ladies. Lets have another strong week!
    **You can do this my friend!!!! Go for it and kick some butt!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'm terribly sorry I haven't been posting. Our family is kind of in crisis mode right now. My mother in law fractured her spine several weeks ago and I have been taking her to her appointments. A few days ago she mixed her vicodin with her blood pressure meds and became very, very ill. She was literally sick for over 24 hours and is still recovering from it. She refused to go to the hospital so we had to take her to urgent care and she is doing a bit better but she is still in a lot of pain because she is afraid to take her pain meds now. I have a couple of points but I don't have many, and I haven't weighed in a few days. I'll go hop on the scale right now but I don't think it will look very good. I will do better this week, I promise! I feel so bad!

SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    (8/10)-20 min. stationary bike, 20 min. elliptical
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day
    (8/13) Danced at Harvest Cruade with my family! :0)
    Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    (8/11) 61 step ups in 3 minutes
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!
    (8/10) I give up chocolate chip cookies for one week

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
    (8/10) My mom has been kind of hard to deal with while I try to lose weight. She tells me I am ok where I am, and I will look too skinny if I lose weight, etc. etc. etc. She moved across the country 2 years ago and I don't see her very often anymore so I don't get the negative comments so often anymore.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Week 3 weight (wait, is this week 3?) so my starting weight goes here too?) 164.2
    Goal Weight 140
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Week 3 weight (wait, is this week 3?) so my starting weight goes here too?) 164.2
    Goal Weight 140

Carissa-- you need to enter your weight for week 4 ( that was today). You started on week 3, so you're 164.2 for last week and your starting weight... what were you at today?
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Goal Weight 140

Carissa-- you need to enter your weight for week 4 ( that was today). You started on week 3, so you're 164.2 for last week and your starting weight... what were you at today?

Sorry, I must have cut/pasted the wrong thing!

Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Week 3 weight 164.2
    Week 4 weight 162.4
    Goal Weight 140

+/- for this week -1.8 pounds
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'm terribly sorry I haven't been posting. Our family is kind of in crisis mode right now. My mother in law fractured her spine several weeks ago and I have been taking her to her appointments. A few days ago she mixed her vicodin with her blood pressure meds and became very, very ill. She was literally sick for over 24 hours and is still recovering from it. She refused to go to the hospital so we had to take her to urgent care and she is doing a bit better but she is still in a lot of pain because she is afraid to take her pain meds now. I have a couple of points but I don't have many, and I haven't weighed in a few days. I'll go hop on the scale right now but I don't think it will look very good. I will do better this week, I promise! I feel so bad!

SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    (8/10)-20 min. stationary bike, 20 min. elliptical
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day
    (8/13) Danced at Harvest Cruade with my family! :0)
    Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    (8/11) 61 step ups in 3 minutes
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!
    (8/10) I give up chocolate chip cookies for one week

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
    (8/10) My mom has been kind of hard to deal with while I try to lose weight. She tells me I am ok where I am, and I will look too skinny if I lose weight, etc. etc. etc. She moved across the country 2 years ago and I don't see her very often anymore so I don't get the negative comments so often anymore.

**You know we are here for you girl! Love ya!!!!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Carissa-- Good for you!!! Even with all the stress going on, you're still managing to lose.... and you're keeping your head above water. That's a huge accomplishment in itself! :) We're here for ya, chicky...

Ok!! I'm totally with Steph-- we need to liven this place up!! I put my calorie burn goal at 5000.. but that's not counting any house stuff either. I didn't want to mess up my calorie counts at the end of the day because I'm already set at lightly active.. and adding the other stuff makes my brain hurt. Although, I guess I could just use the database too.. Ugh. Of course, if my HRM shows up and tells me my counts have been way off, I'm jiggered! AND-- next Monday is when I start to have daycare kids again, TOM is due, and we're going away this weekend... :noway:Oh crap. I may need some encouragement!!

I got in 714 cals yesterday, doing 30DS, and then a 3 mile (Fastmiles with 5 lb weights) walk at home dvd. I was sweatin' a bucket by the end! I STILL have mowing that needs to be done outside too... so maybe today.
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I have been MIA right now. I have alot of things going on in my life right now. My platelets are up and my stomach is hurting really bad so I haven't been doing much on here. I am sorry for that. I am lactose intolerance right now and my other results haven't come back yet so I don't know yet.

August 17th: All I got done yesterday was walking as I wasn't feeling well.
    August 18th: Step ups and weights 10mins almost 11 (34 calories)
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    I am sorry that I have been MIA right now. I have alot of things going on in my life right now. My platelets are up and my stomach is hurting really bad so I haven't been doing much on here. I am sorry for that. I am lactose intolerance right now and my other results haven't come back yet so I don't know yet.

August 17th: All I got done yesterday was walking as I wasn't feeling well.
    August 18th: Step ups and weights 10mins almost 11 (34 calories)

You need to look after you-- please don't have any guilt about not being on here. You're having a hard time now, and we're here for ya! ( and I just realized that I made my other comment to you to Carissa instead!! Nuts!) It's all a process, and taking a few days for you is more important. Good for you for getting in some stuff today!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Got my 50 knee ups from yesterday done.. now to finish those squats!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Cindy- I totally agree with Elaine. Get your rest when you need it, you'll be a lot better off in the end.

Workout for today...
    30 ds- 210 cals
    Run/walk-290 cals
    Total around 500

Have to work my strength in yet, but have been counting 30ds as some of those.

How about the rest of our team? How are your calorie burn goals going??
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
    Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)
    **8/17 done!
    **8/18 done!

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches 8/18 done!
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs" 8/17 done!
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    *You can do these in any order you would like.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    A'moanin'!! ( that's how Emma says it...)

Hope you all are doing ok.. it's been pretty quiet around here! I realized I didn't post my cal burn from yesterday--

8/18- 769 cals
    - 30DS D5 L2
    -4 mile fast walk ( with high impact intervals) with Leslie Sansone
    50 Leg raises- done!

8/19- 673cals ( so far.. I really need to get this mowing done!!)
    - 30 DS D6 L2
    - 3 mile advanced walk with stretchie band ( with Leslie sansone again)
    40 squats- done!

I managed to get my butt out of bed this am to do my workout early-- I have to get used to doing it again-- in a few days, I have daycare kids here at 8:30... and then in 3 weeks, that will start at 7:30! While I might be chipper once I'm up, I am SO not an early riser.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Got my pushups and leg raises done today! Whew! I am tired! Burned 515cal on cardio also. Now I gotta head to town with my not-so-little one and lug him around the stores! Have a wonderful day girls!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    **Here is my Kid recipe for the food challenge.

PIZZA SPAGHETTI
    6 Servings
    Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.

20 30 50
    Ingredients

1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
    1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed, crumbled
    1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
    4 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
    3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
    1 tablespoon sugar
    2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    9 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
    3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
    Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni, sugar, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
    Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 369 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 25 g protein.