Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options

Replies

• CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)
    7/27 cardio= done!

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)
    7/27 strength= done!

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

**Food challenge= done!

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?
    Well I cant do the things I want to do with my boys. I want to run all over our 3 acres of country land out here but, I get too dang out of breath to do anything! I really want to be a great role model for my boys!!

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)
    7/27 cardio= done!
    7/28 cardio=done!

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)
    7/27 strength= done!
    7/28 strength= done!

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

**Food challenge= done!

Well I cant do the things I want to do with my boys. I want to run all over our 3 acres of country land out here but, I get too dang out of breath to do anything! I really want to be a great role model for my boys!!

7/27 sleep=done!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Cardio
    7/27-done
    7/28-done

Push ups and jumping jacks
    7/28-done

Sleep
    7/27-done
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cardio--

7/28- done! (an hour on the gazelle.. yaay!)

Evil Jumping Jacks and %^&$* Pushups ( oh, did I say that?? )
    7/28-Done! ( although, certainly not pretty!!)

Sleep-
    7/27- done.

Am putting more thought in to the food and emotional challenges...

Hope you all had a great day!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options

7/27 cardio= done!
    7/28 cardio=done!
    7/29 cardio= done!

7/27 strength= done!
    7/28 strength= done!
    7/29 strength= done!

**Food challenge= done!

7/27 sleep=done!
    7/28 sleep= done!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cardio
    7/27-done
    7/28-done

7/28-done
    7/29-done

Sleep
    7/27-done
    7/28 done

Recipe not done yet

I look at everyday as a blessing to be with my children. I may get out of breathe when I am walking with my boys but it's worth it to see their smiling faces.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We have maxed out the main thread(Yay!) The part 2 is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303584-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
    Soup:
    2 Tbsp. oil 30 mL
    3 whole wheat tortillas, cut into 1″ pieces 3
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion 125 mL
    3 garlic cloves, minced 3
    1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced 1
    2 Anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded & finely chopped 2
    8 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced 8
    2 Tbsp. tomato paste 30 mL
    2 tsp. cumin 10 mL
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 mL
    5 cups low sodium chicken stock 1.2 L
    1 cup picante sauce (medium) 500 mL
    2 whole cooked chicken breasts, shredded 2
    1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled & diced

Garnish:
    1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese 125 mL
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional) 75 mL
    2 whole wheat tortillas 2

Instructions:
    To make soup:
    Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the tortillas, reduce heat and cook until they are golden brown and slightly crisp. Add the onion And cook 3 minutes longer; add garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Add the Anaheim chilies, tomatoes and tomato paste; Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cayenne. Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and picante sauce. Simmer the soup for about 20 minutes, or until slightly reduced. Add the shredded chicken and avocado and heat until warmed through.

To make garnish:
    Preheat oven to 350 F (180oC). Cut tortillas into strips. Place the strips on a baking sheet and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until crisp.

To serve, ladle soup into 6 bowls and garnish with the grated cheese, cilantro and baked tortilla strips. Serves 6.

349 calories per serving
    12 g fat
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Hey everyone! We need to choose 1 recipe from team yellow to submit to the main thread as our favorite.
    Any votes? I think there is at least one team yellow recipe on our main thread.
    Thanks!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Cardio
    7/27-done
    7/28-done
    7/29- done
    7/31- done

7/28-done
    7/29-done
    7/31-done

Sleep
    7/27-done
    7/28-done
    7/30-done

Recipe-done

Emotional-I tend to ignore my weight when with my family. I want to be more active as my son gets older, which is one of the reasons that I am doing this.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Maybe late.. but better late than never, right?

Oven Beef Stew

1 pkg stewing beef
    1/3 c. flour

2 med onions
    5 med potatoes
    3 cloves garlic
    1 c turnip ( optional) ( I often use yam or butternut squash intstead)
    5 carrotts ( 3-4-c)
    2 stalks celery,
    4 c water
    1 Tablespoon beef boullion powder
    1 7oz can tomato sauce ( or 1/4 c barbeque sauce)
    1 tsp thyme
    Sprinkle - oregano leaves
    - pepper
    1 bay leaf.

In large casserole dish/ roaster toss beef and flour together to coat beef. Add rest of ingredients. Bake covered at 325 for 3 hours, stirring occasionally ( if you remember.)
    Can also be done in large slow cooker-- on low for 8 hours. Do NOT stir in slow cooker-- you'll lose your heat!

My fav thing about this-- in the right season, I can make it ALL with local products!!

Nutritional Info:
    Servings: 14 ( I think! I didn't have that one written down! )
    Serving size -- 1 cup.

Calories- 235
    Fat- 5
    Cholesterol- 43
    Sodium- 325
    Protein- 20
    Carbs- 27

Good source of Fibre and Iron
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Cardio--

7/28- done! (an hour on the gazelle.. yaay!)
    7/30- done!
    7/31- done

Evil Jumping Jacks and %^&$* Pushups ( oh, did I say that?? )
    7/28-Done! ( although, certainly not pretty!!)
    7/29- done!
    7/30- done

Sleep-
    7/27- done.
    7/28- done
    7/29- done
    7/31- done

Food challenge- Done

Emotional Challenge-- How do I deal with being the weight I am? Well, let's have a cookie and mull that one over. :) My family is actually very supportive of me no matter what-- I have 2 sisters that are both large as well, and while my parents are both quite slender, have always been out for my best interests. They just come by it more naturally as they did tons of manual labor farming for years. My hubby is VERY supportive, although, seems to sabotage my workouts sometimes as he " NEEDS to get this stuff done" for whatever he's working on. Ugh. He's only home 2 weekends a month though, so I just work around him. Interestingly, in the past couple years, both of my sisters have also become more active as well ( one of them started running, the other has become a cycling/ cross country skiing/ yoga/ Zumba enthusiast.. ). With my closer sister( the latter) we have called each other regularly with weigh-ins, successes an failures, and so on, and having a support like that has been wonderful.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Oops! Meant to put this with the other post!

Hope you're all having a lovely lazy long weekend! I went to a wedding for one of my best friends on Saturday and danced my butt off.. and looked smokin' hot! Of course, I didn't get any pics of myself though-- was busy concentrating on the bride! I WILL post pics of my shoes though.. :) I was WAY under on my cals for Sat too-- did a big workout in preparation, and then ended up sitting at a table with a bunch of people that I didn't know, the food was actually pretty healthy... and I didn't want to be the ONLY one to have a heaping plate or go back for seconds!! By the time the bun bar was out with the dance, it was pretty late, and I just wasn't hungry. I'm sure it will even itself out!
    Got some mowing done yesterday for my cardio.. I love a workout that feels productive too! Had meant to get more done after Emma went to bed, ( my mom has taken my son to a grandparent/ kid camp for the night, so I'm down by a kid! Whooo!) but last night was the first night in her BIG bed... so she didn't actually stay in it until it was dark. Oh, the excitement of getting out of bed whenever you want!! Ironic how as a grownup, I would stay in there MUCH longer if my kids would let me!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Hey everyone! We need to choose 1 recipe from team yellow to submit to the main thread as our favorite.
    Any votes? I think there is at least one team yellow recipe on our main thread.
    Thanks!
    I vote yours!! It sounds yummy!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Cardio
    7/27-done
    7/28-done
    7/29- done
    8/1- done

7/27-done
    7/28-done
    7/29-done
    8/1-done

Sleep
    7/27-done
    7/28-done

Recipe-done
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    I vote for the tortilla soup too! MMmmmmmm.....
  • sisa2324
    Options
    My vote is for the Greek chicken.
    I'll update the main page tomorrow morning once a winner is decided.

Also, I'll need your point totals tomorrow and you losses Wednesday.
    Points awarded for...
    Cardio (including jumping jacks)
    Endurance (push ups)
    Emotional
    Recipe
    Sleep
    For a total of 5 possible points each. We get an extra point for every challenge that all 5 of us complete.
    Good luck!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Points awarded for...
    Cardio (including jumping jacks) all days done
    Endurance (push ups) only two days done
    Emotional done
    Recipe not done
    Sleep done
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Points awarded for...
    Cardio= 5 days of cardio done
    Cardio (jumping jacks)= Only 3 days (I cant do them anymore they are aggravating my hurt knee)
    Endurance (push ups)= 3 days done
    Emotional done
    Recipe done
    Sleep done
  • sisa2324
    Options
    There were two votes for the tortilla soup and one for the Greek chicken, so I have posted the soup on our main page.

Points awarded for...
    Cardio= 5 days, 4 of jumping jacks
    Endurance (push ups)= 4 days
    Emotional done
    Recipe done
    Sleep done
    =5 points