Team Yellow-SAHMU (closed group)

Options

Replies

• sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We are still missing one...advertise away!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I got everything done for this week so all the points. :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on Team Yellow...I had my total intro typed all up to post and then it got eaten. :( I'm a SAHM from Southern California. I have 5 children. I will be posting my start weigh tomorrow, as I didn't weigh in this morning, so i'll be able to participate with the team this week! Yay! I'll have to post a better intro later this evening. I need to go and eat a quick dinner right now...
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I'll try and tweak the img code so that my banner works here...
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Great to have you! We have been short a member for almost two weeks, so we're very happy to have you. I'll post the challenge here as soon as karie posts it. I'm Stephanie, I have a 4 month old baby boy. Let me know if you have any questions about the challenge.
    Talk soon!
    Try the img code with lowercase letters for 'img'
  • sisa2324
    Options
    And...all points for me this week. Looks like we'll do well this week!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie! I'm Carissa, I have a 17 yr old girl, 15 yr old boy, 9 yr old girl, 8 yr old girl, and 7 yr old girl. It's nice to join Team Yellow! I don't know what I am doing wrong, I made my image code lower case and I still can't see my banner...i'm terrible at BB codes lol.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Greetings ishall!! As Stephanie said-- great to have you! I'm Elaine, a mom of 2 ( 6, 2) , and home daycare provider to many. :) Looking forward to getting to know you. Oh, and don't worry about your weigh in until tomorrow am anyway.. points add up on Tuesday, and we all go for Weigh in Wednesday!

I'm ALL in for points this week! Whoohooooo!! I just counted my ^&%$ lunges and crunches in with my 30 day shred. I don't think I would have survived otherwise!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    23 points this week with only 4 members....nice job ladies!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carissa!! Great to have you! I am Melissa and I have 2 boys (6 yrs. and 10 mons) I am a minister in the Christian faith (in training). So happy to have you join. We needed another member badly! Last week was bad girls but I didnt GAIN any weight but, didnt lose any either :( -0 lbs. lost. Ugh! Sorry team! This week will be way different!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Well, if it's any consolation, I'm down a whopping .2 lbs!, Yes, POINT 2. I'm not sure whether to attribute that to not eating a lot of my exercise calories or Jillian kicking my butt with 30DS. I've heard a lot of people say on here that the calorie counts are high in the MEP database...so I've been tending to stick on the lower end, with anything extra being "gravy", but I've also got my cals set to lose 2 lbs a week. I really don't know how the people on 1200 cals are losing anything... although, maybe I'm a little crazy with my activity amounts!
    Oh well.. more experimenting to be done!
  • sisa2324
    Options
    SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP 218lbs
    Starting SAHMU 181lbs
    Week 1 Weight 181 lbs
    Week 2 weight 179.6lbs
    Week 3 weight 182.2lbs :(
    Goal Weight 130lbs (loooong term..)

-/+ this week -- +2.6lbs (Had a bad week but am back on track starting NOW!!!!

Sorry I let the team down.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Cindy-- you in NO WAY let us down!! You did all the challenges, and that's awesome!! You're making a lifestyle change, and that's huge. Going up a couple pounds in a week is not going to stop you-- YOU"RE DOWN 35!!! Heck, , I considered stopping doing 30DS because everyone on there says you lose inches, but might not lose any lbs. Then, I gave my head a shake-- it's great to have the motivation of this group, but I'm not going to stop the progress I know my body is benefiting from for a number on the scale. Keep working towards your goals, and the weight loss WILL follow. All in time...
    Importantly too, you recognized that this was a bad week, and are back on track to carry on. Upward and onward!! I remember hearing once the analogy that if you dropped an egg on the floor, would you then throw the rest of the dozen down to keep it company? No, you would clean up that one, be a little more careful next time, and just get another one from the carton and forget about it. It's a new week! Or.. egg...

I, for one, am VERY proud of you. ::flowerforyou:
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Starting MFP 218lbs
    Starting SAHMU 181lbs
    Week 1 Weight 181 lbs
    Week 2 weight 179.6lbs
    Week 3 weight 182.2lbs :(
    Goal Weight 130lbs (loooong term..)

-/+ this week -- +2.6lbs (Had a bad week but am back on track starting NOW!!!!

Sorry I let the team down.

You didnt let any one down Cindy!! I agree with Elaine. We all know the week I had and I didnt lose anything! I am just gonna keep on truckin'. Thats all you can do. You know we are here for ya!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    Options
    Cindy-- you in NO WAY let us down!! You did all the challenges, and that's awesome!! You're making a lifestyle change, and that's huge. Going up a couple pounds in a week is not going to stop you-- YOU"RE DOWN 35!!! Heck, , I considered stopping doing 30DS because everyone on there says you lose inches, but might not lose any lbs. Then, I gave my head a shake-- it's great to have the motivation of this group, but I'm not going to stop the progress I know my body is benefiting from for a number on the scale. Keep working towards your goals, and the weight loss WILL follow. All in time...
    Importantly too, you recognized that this was a bad week, and are back on track to carry on. Upward and onward!! I remember hearing once the analogy that if you dropped an egg on the floor, would you then throw the rest of the dozen down to keep it company? No, you would clean up that one, be a little more careful next time, and just get another one from the carton and forget about it. It's a new week! Or.. egg...

I, for one, am VERY proud of you. ::flowerforyou:

** I have named you our team's encourager!!! This was so sweet and I love to read your posts!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Hi Melissa! I'm Christian as well. It's great that you are training for a ministry! Will you be teaching the women of your church? Us Christian women are in such need of good Titus 2 mentors now that so many women work outside of the home. It's a beautiful calling. Of course, you know that you are a minister already, and every day you are on your mission field in your home, out and about, wherever you are. I've read this whole thread and I just love the way you proclaim God's love right off the bat for all to see. What a great way to live your life for him! <3
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'm not sure how to fill this out because I wasn't here for weeks 1, 2, and 3...

Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Week 3 weight (wait, is this week 3?) so my starting weight goes here too?) 164.2
    Goal Weight 140

I'm not sure what the purpose of the big thread with all the teams in it is...I get really lost init because it is so long and has a lot of people i'm not familiar with yet lol.

Is there a certain time of day that we record our weight or just anytime on wed? I'm on the West Coast so I may be behind some of you timewise...
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I have mine set to 1200 cals too, and I think I may have to tweak it...I seriously don't think I could lose consistently on 1200 calls without rebounding terribly eventually...do we lose points for not staying under our cal goal or is the diet thing up to us and the exercise thing we all do together? I'm sorry for so many questions lol!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'm not sure how to fill this out because I wasn't here for weeks 1, 2, and 3...

Starting MFP 164.8
    Starting SAHMU 164.2
    Week 1 Weight n/a?
    Week 2 weight n/a
    Week 3 weight (wait, is this week 3?) so my starting weight goes here too?) 164.2
    Goal Weight 140

I'm not sure what the purpose of the big thread with all the teams in it is...I get really lost init because it is so long and has a lot of people i'm not familiar with yet lol.

Is there a certain time of day that we record our weight or just anytime on wed? I'm on the West Coast so I may be behind some of you timewise...

Your weigh in thing looks fine to me! You could probably just leave out the Week 1 and 2 lines.. As long as YOU know what you're doing, that's all that really matters.

The big general thread is certainly not a necessary thing-- if you want to interact with more moms that aren't on your team, share some joys/concerns/frustrations, whatever. There are some great women on the other teams too, so it's a chance to widen your circle. As Kari said on the other thread, as long as you keep posting here!

Weigh in whenever you want on Wed-- I do it post-bathroom, pre-breakfast. Just make sure that you keep it consistant.

As for the points, we only get points of completing the challenges laid out each week ( 1 point per challenge per person, if they're all done), plus a bonus if our whole team does it. Then for the weigh in, the "winning" team also gets extra points for that. There is nothing about staying under-- move your goals as you wish! And yeah, 1200 seems insanely low to me. I had mine at 1450, and just moved it back up to 1700 for how active I am! So yeah-- just find the post Steph posted with the challenge for this week, and you're good!

Hope this helps!