Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal, and have restarted Adkins as of yesterday. I would really LOVE to find some support here!! Most people don't agree with my choice to do Adkins and I am trying to move away from the negativity. This is my 2nd time doing Adkins. The first time was in 2007, I lost 65lbs in 7 months but got pregnant before I hit my goal. I had my second baby in August of 2008 and have been making excuses ever since. I'm ready to get back on track and lose this weight!! I started yesterday on the plan and began exercising today!

:-)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal, and have restarted Adkins as of yesterday. I would really LOVE to find some support here!! Most people don't agree with my choice to do Adkins and I am trying to move away from the negativity. This is my 2nd time doing Adkins. The first time was in 2007, I lost 65lbs in 7 months but got pregnant before I hit my goal. I had my second baby in August of 2008 and have been making excuses ever since. I'm ready to get back on track and lose this weight!! I started yesterday on the plan and began exercising today!

Welcome and wishing much success to you!

You're welcome to ask any questions you wish, we'll do our best to help. You can also check out our "new" group, especially for low carb eaters: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/273-la-vida-low-carb
  • Shannon2714
    Options

Welcome and wishing much success to y

You're welcome to ask any questions you wish, we'll do our best to help. You can also check out our "new" group, especially for low carb eaters: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/273-la-vida-low-carb

Thank you so much!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! I took a month off to focus on quitting smoking. Now that that's behind me, I'm back at it! I gained 9lbs but I'm down 5 of it so far. I feel so much better on this plan, I know it's right for me. My mom got me a box of low carb goodies to try, it was an awesome gift! I have tried hot cereal, pound cake, peach rings, pasta, and jam. All very good! I hope everyone is doing well!
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! I took a month off to focus on quitting smoking. Now that that's behind me, I'm back at it! I gained 9lbs but I'm down 5 of it so far. I feel so much better on this plan, I know it's right for me. My mom got me a box of low carb goodies to try, it was an awesome gift! I have tried hot cereal, pound cake, peach rings, pasta, and jam. All very good! I hope everyone is doing well!

First, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking!! That is fantastic! Second...where did your mom get the AMAZING sounding goodies?? :happy:
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yay a group that does the atkins, I am on the atkins and have been since the 1st jan 2012, i am loving it so far but need support from other people on the atkins so please add me xx
  • Shannonigans84
    Options

First, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking!! That is fantastic! Second...where did your mom get the AMAZING sounding goodies?? :happy:

Oops, just saw this! She found some in the health part of the grocery store, but it all can be found on netrition.com under the low carb tab. :smile:
  • Rosy06
    Rosy06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Did not know My Fitness Pal had Atkiners!! I am happy I found you guys because no I feel like I am home. LOL!!! I also figured out how to change my settings which a friend on the Facebook site advice to go 60% Protein, 30% Fat, % 5% Carb. Hope I did this right. Add me for Atkins support if you wish.
    I also do P90X for exercise. I am on my 2nd month of the program.
  • lmbigsby
    Options
    I just started Atkins yesterday, have been stalled on weight loss for a while now thought this may help. So how much weight have you lost on Atkins and in what amount of time? I am looking for support also.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!
    I started Atkins exactly a year ago, and stopped right after Thanksgiving. In that time I lost 67 pounds. I started again yesterday. Hope to lose another 30.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I've been off track since Thanksgiving. I'll do well for awhile then let stress win and lose focus. I have a treadmill now so today I got my cavings out of my system and I'm back to it tomorrow :-)
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm back too. I'm way too addicted to sweets and just can't do the moderation thing.
  • Everfriend67
    Options
    Hi all. I have just come back to Fitness Pal. Was gone for a LONG time! Can anyone tell me how to set customize my settings for low Carb/Atkins? When I am on my home page, it says how many calories I have left for the day and of course, we don't count calories! :(
  • patrwillia
    patrwillia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am back also. Does this group still exist?
  • jlittle_lamb
    jlittle_lamb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to Atkins today is my first day on phase 1. I'm looking for a support group as I have 80 pounds to loose. Thanks to any and all who reply.
    Cheers
  • TranquilaSoon
    TranquilaSoon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We started June 2...had 0 energy & a mean headache. But now doing much better. I am down 3lbs. Good luck to us all!
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for little over a week now have only lost 4 lbs. Very slow going, but I am full at the end of the day with only 1200 calories. I did add some light exercise with Body Flex (Greer Childers) that I did many years ago and already feeling better.
  • mDilyla
    mDilyla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm starting atkins induction today. I did it successfully back in 2008 and I lost weight however I have to admit I didn't watch my eating or exercise especially in 2010. This led to me gaining back all of the weight lost and did a low calorie diet for a while and lost 15kg~30pounds now I have another 30kgs~66pounds. So looking for people on the plan where we can support each other. Do add me thanks.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily is a support group you may want to join. People doing induction up to almost moderate carb levels.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Good luck.