Finessing Fitness (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• kapollard
    Options
    I just made my profile public.....scary. Can we just make it public for friends, Drea?
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    Yes Kathy that's fine
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    I'm sorry MFPfriend, I thought your name was on the first team I just added the new members without reading it! But you're definitely on the team, without a doubt! Please accept my apology :flowerforyou: lol
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for adding me:) My name is Tanya i'm a 31 year old sahm of 2 kids, formerly an Army lab tech and currently an Army wife. I'm doing the Insanity workout and I'm on day 19. My days are pretty full but I try and incorporate my kids into a healthy lifestyle. I recently got a bike and a trailer so we go outside on bike rides.

Please feel free to add me :)

Go team!
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    That's great Kathy, I turned away chips yesterday... that's not easy for me bcus I love chips! But as a captain I have to set examples and lead my team to victory!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry MFPfriend, I thought your name was on the first team I just added the new members without reading it! But you're definitely on the team, without a doubt! Please accept my apology :flowerforyou: lol

Haha, no problem, I just wanted to make sure! lol.
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    Nice to meet you Tanya... and your children are beautiful... glad to have you on the team!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Welcome new people! I'm Chelsea! Feel free to add me! I'm on my phone or I'd already have sent requests your way!

72 oz of water drank already and it's not even 2 pm. :-)
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    To those who I promised a copy of the workout here it is, and if you don't have a normal routine feel free to use this one...

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    1) Warm Up-60 seconds of jumping jacks, 60 seconds running in place
    2) ** Push Ups- *2 sets of 10 reps
    3) **Sit Ups- *3 sets of 10 reps
    4) **Push Ups (Feet on Chair)- *2 sets of 10 reps
    5) ** Bicycles- *3 sets of 15 reps (L&R)
    6) ** Push Ups- *2 sets of 10 reps
    7) **Crunches- *3 sets of 10 reps
    8) **Up Downs- *2 sets of 15 reps (3 sec hold between reps)
    9) ** Cool Down- Same as warm up

Tuesday, & Thursday
    1) Warm Up
    2) ** Calf Raises- *2 sets of 15 reps
    3) ** Calf Raises (off of Chair)- *2 sets of 15 reps
    4) **Step Ups (Off of Chair)- *3 sets of 15 reps (L&R)
    5) **Tip Toe Hops- * 1 set of 75 reps
    6) **Squat & Jumps- *4sets of 8 reps
    7) **Lunges- *2sets of 15 reps
    8) **Wall sits- *2sets of 30seconds per set
    9) **Cool down- same as warm up

*- 60 seconds between sets
    **- 90 seconds between exercises
    L&R- left and right equals 1 rep
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Q and I live in VA I am here to lose 20 more pounds before my 30 birthday this Sept. I look forward to working with everybody!!!

P.S. please feel free to add me.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles, (whew I didn't think I could do it!) drank a ton of H2O, and under calorie goal.

If anyone cares to join me, my mini goal for the week is to eat at least one raw meal a day. I think I might do this all month but I'm starting wth a week :)
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    oh and what are up downs? are those the same as "burpies"?
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Kathy, that's interesting what you said about drinking water first thing in the morning. This morning I drank a litre of water (35oz) in bed whilst my toddler drank his morning milk. That's what I'm going to do every day from now on to get a good bit of water in to start my day off healthy:)

Welcome new members. How is everyone doing? I've completed the challenges so far and fitted in a mini triathalon yesterday (swim/run/cycle/walk) and a 6 mile leisurely walk today. ok, so some of that was shopping but, hey, I was walking. I mean business this month!! Good luck for the month ahead.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some more:)
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Finished my mile and the jumping jacks. Getting ready to go walk some more. Have drank 88 oz so far. Hope everyone is having a great day! :-)
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    what's a raw meal?
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    check out the 1st page and scroll all the way down til u see the link about up downs
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Just checked the message board and doing my jumping jacks right after I log off here. Give me ten minutes, and I'll be all done for today!
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    Tomorrow's challenge is:

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* -in addition to your regular routine!

64oz of water and stay under your calorie goal... which is an everyday thing for the month of August! :drinker:

We had two good days, lets keep the momentum going throughout the rest of the month!
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I can join you in the raw meals- I just started a similar goal- NO MORE PROCESSED foods- but i have modified it to be more of a im gonna eat 60-90% raw (live) foods. Tonight was actually first cooked meal ive had in a while- shrimp and eggplant on the stove. Yum! But happy to go back to more raw tomorrow!.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    So- you really do get a sort of High from working out. I have just started this- eating better and adding excercize- and this past week is the first time i am making it regular and boy do i notice a difference. My mood and outlook is better happier and I feel less stressed. Then I get this surge of energy (a little after the hurt wares off) and cant wait to work out again or go walking or just move! I hope this continues this way!!