Finessing Fitness (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• chelsea32291
    Options
    i'm not sure. I thought it was just the foward ones, but I could be completely wrong.

- my lunges are done for the day if they're just the normal ones for 25 each.
  • hether22
    hether22 Posts: 63
    Options
    Alright, maybe I went overboard with today's challenge. LOL But I completed 25 front lunges for each leg, plus 25 of the side ways ones for each leg! Plus a little extra on my other regular exercises... feeling good!!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Alright, maybe I went overboard with today's challenge. LOL But I completed 25 front lunges for each leg, plus 25 of the side ways ones for each leg! Plus a little extra on my other regular exercises... feeling good!!

that's awesome! great job!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to my run tonight--in the 4th week of C25K, and just walked a new route with the DH this morning....when it's cooler, I'm totally on it. Instead of my normal 3.5, it's a 4.5 mile loop...we'll see how much of it I can complete doing the 4th week, then I'll walk the rest.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I will aim for an extra 5 miles of walking- still working on the running program and want to keep that separate- need to take that slower to be safe.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ow ow ow ow. I forgot to do the lunges and squats today, so I did them now (at midnight) and I got a cramp on number 22 on my left leg (thankfully it was the second leg I did). But oh man, it hurts. I pushed through for the last few, but I'm supposed to run tomorrow, and I'm not sure how that's going to go.
  • abyt42
    Options
    Way to push through, MFPFriend.
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying their rest day so far! This next week is going to kick butt!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Tried to log yesterday but my computer timed out on me :( So, lets just say I completed all the challenges this week and stayed under and all that jazz :) I lost 1 pound, and yesterday I went on a 30 mile bike ride.

What is this I see about 100miles? I am not abreast of this "rule". I can't wait to see what challenges we are given for this week! Also, I just realized I will be gone and have no internet for the last week of the month! I will still do that challenges but maybe we should find someone to fill in for me for the week? I have a friend that might be able to do it. Let me know what you all think
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    P.S. If you have been checking my food diary, I don't actually consume all those sweets, but I log them JUST IN CASE I decide I want to eat it later that night. Normally I eat about 1/2 of it or not at all
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love Week 2's challenges... I think i will be definitely a huge challenge... I just feel like there was a huge leap in the difficulty of week one and then week 2's difficulty :noway:

I'll definitely do 5 miles; I bet I can do more though... but I don't want to promise more if I don't make it... Do the miles count if we bike them? I could do that for sure! I do about 10 miles in my cycle class in a 45 minute sitting :wink:

Anyways, looking forward to week 2!
  • hether22
    hether22 Posts: 63
    Options
    That would be sweet if we could bike these miles! I love taking a ride on the bike.

Hope you guys have a good night, not looking forward to my squat kicks tomorrow - my muscles are tender! But I'll push through... thank goodness for MFP!!
  • abyt42
    Options
    All done for today: looking forward to logging additional miles this week.

Anyone know where on the boards we're supposed to post our recipes? Is it just to this group thread, or to a larger board?
  • abyt42
    Options
    Convinced the DH to do an extra walk today: so, on top of my normal run and our planned evening walk, I've got 4.5 miles down toward meeting our 100!
  • abyt42
    Options
    Since the other groups appear to be posting their recipes in their own group threads rather than a giant challenge thread, here's mine.

Tomatillo guacamole
    (36 calories for 1/4 C)

Ingredients

1 avocado
    1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
    6 toes garlic, roughly chopped
    1/2 bunch cilantro (less if desired)
    1 T diced jalapeño peppers
    6-8 tomatillos

Method

Peel and rinse tomatillos, then heat in a dry frying pan until they blacken and blister (turn periodically).
    When they're done, cool slightly, then dump into a food processor. Put onions and garlic into the hot frying pan and cook until slightly wilted, then add to food processor. Add cilantro and avocado, then process until smooth.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    here's mine....now granted, I made it up myself so, you'd have to guess at the quantities (I just fill the baking dish)

Ingredients
    Zuccini
    Yellow Squash
    Tomato
    Seasoning of choice (I use garlic powder and italian seasoning)
    Motzarella and parm cheese
    stove top stuffing (enough to make and even layor on top of the dish)

Method:
    Slice veggies thin-ish.
    Spray baking dish and pre-heat oven to 350
    Layer veggies sprinkeling seasioning after every layer of tomatos
    Mix stuffing with just enough water to make it moist, spread on top of veggies
    add a layor of cheese and bake until bubblie
  • missbroccoli
    Options
    Thank you this would be the best way to post the recipe so we all can see them..
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If this was a little thicker I swear I would eat it on chips!! It reminds me so much of the green sauce in mexican restaurants!!

This seriously addicting light dressing is the perfect topping on any salad or even great as a dip. Not a fan of cilantro? No worries, this dressing has so much flavor without, leave it out and add some fresh parsley instead.

The base of this recipe is a homemade ranch, with light buttermilk, Greek yogurt, low fat mayonnaise. Cilantro, lime, jalapeños, tomatillos scallions and spices give this dressing a Mexican flair, perfect served over cilantro lime rice, black beans and sweet slow cooked pork barbacoa to create your very own homemade Cafe Rio salad! Also fabulous over shrimp or chicken!

Use your leftover buttermilk to make buttermilk pancakes, strawberry scones, Irish soda bread muffins, skinny ranch dip and more!

Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
    Calories: 43.3 • Fat: 2.4 g • Protein: 2.1 g • Carb: 3.7 g • Fiber: 0.3 g

1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
    1/4 cup light mayonnaise
    1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
    1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
    1 tomatillo, husks removed, chopped
    1 clove garlic
    1 scallion
    juice of 1/2 lime
    1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1/8 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
    1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Makes 1-3/4 cup.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/creamy-cilantro-tomatillo-dressing.html

There is also a tip about freezing the buttermilk for people that don't use it often!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I will give 5 miles!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles! (yum yum yum)

Start to Finish: 25 min
    makes: 2 (large) servings

1/2 lb beef boneless sirloin, cut into thin strips
    1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
    2 tablespoons teriyaki stir-fry sauce
    1 tablespoon orange marmalade
    Dash of ground red pepper (cayenne) (optional, leave out if you can't handle spicy foods)
    1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen sugar snap peas (or any vegetable, really)
    3/4 cup uncooked fine egg noodles (OR 1 package Top Ramen Noodles, without sauce packet)

1. Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.
    2. Add broth, stir-fry sauce, marmalade and red pepper to skillet. Heat to boiling. Stir in pea pods (or your other vegatable) and noodles; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
    3. Stir in beef. Cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.

Link to Nutrition Info w/ Specific Ingredients (I used sugar snap peas and Ramen Noodles)
    http://tinypic.com/r/2ih2vwp/7

*NOTE: The actual sodium will be lower than the amount shown, because the Top Ramen Noodles entry contains the noodles AND the sauce packet. Most of the sodium is in the sauce packet, which we are NOT using.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: (per servings, recipe makes 2 servings)
    Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 90)
    Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g)
    Cholesterol 65mg
    Sodium 820mg
    Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 10g)
    Protein 36g
    Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 35% (*based on a 2000 calorie diet)