What is or was your exercise for the day??

Options

Replies

• knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One hour of Zumba today. May try a two a day exercise tomorrow-hour of zumba in the morning then drums alive in the afternoon.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Incline bench
    Lat pulldowns
    Military press
    Front raises
    Hammer curls
    Dips
    Cable crunches
    20mins hill on the elliptical.
  • CherylMatthews66
    CherylMatthews66 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be on my rowing machine for a little over half hour and I may take my dog for a pretty long walk :)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I row every day and add a minute a day to the rowing.
  • trillion30
    trillion30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Technically a rest day but it is deep clean day at home, so manually scrubbing the floor, walls and wood work.
  • Jordan_Gregers
    Jordan_Gregers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Interval Day! 5 x 1 Mile Intervals with a 1 minute rest @ 7:45 minute mile. 2 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down.

I still live near my old high school, it's still a trip to go back there and get on the track. Today I actually went inside to get some water. Haven't seen the inside in 18 years, it looked exactly the same. Still a picture of our Senior 7's Rugby team on the wall outside the gym (even though we never won a single match).
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yay! Finally ran again - first time since I started cycling to and from work. Cheated - had my wife drop me off at work under the guise of buying her a Starbucks en route.

T-Mill tempo run between 6-8mph - 2.7miles in 25min.

Will cycle home.

cheers

Well this changed slightly - my wife had a late mtg so I decided to cycle all the way home. 10.16 miles with a climb of 772ft. Earned my after work beer.

15min of yoga before the dog full out tackled me while I was in heroes pose. Knocked me flat on my back. It's only a mini Schnauzer!

Got a ride in to work - will cycle home - well to the rendezvous point. 5 miles.

20140720_144357.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Awwww! My girl dog thinks it's snuggle time every time I pull out the yoga mat. Her version of "down dog":

ee4d89613158579faa9cef382e2d599764e5.jpg

I had to skip my workout, because I didn't get home until after midnight last night. I worked on my rest day, so I'm not worried about the overage. Tonight is upper body B, week 7.
  • sjaplo
    Options
    Well then - yesterday didn't go as planned at all - ended up being a rest day.

However today is a new day! NROL Hypertrphy 1B med weight, med rep - however ran out of time so only managed the squats and deadlift shrugs 4 reps of 10.

But it looks like I'm riding all the way home again today - so there's that. Depending on whether the call of beer is deafening at the end of the ride, I'll try to complete this am's workout.
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Felt super sluggish this morning, so I did stationary bike intervals while reading a magazine. Have lots of gardening, cleaning, and packing for vacation to do after work today, (half day getting off at 1 - hopefully!) so I will count that as "exercise" too :)
  • makekathshrink
    makekathshrink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly but forgive me if it does.
    Got a recommended calorie intake of 1600 calories , which is mostly fine. But I'm doing more excercising now I feel healthier - nearly everyday I end up eating the recommended amount and still having a similar amount to spare.
    Yesterday took the dog for a walk and then spent 3 hours in the garden mainly digging. But a pal has just told me that although I ended up with more than 2000 spare I'd probably put my body into starvation mode if I continue like that
    Is she right ???
  • sjaplo
    Options
    This might sound silly but forgive me if it does.
    Got a recommended calorie intake of 1600 calories , which is mostly fine. But I'm doing more excercising now I feel healthier - nearly everyday I end up eating the recommended amount and still having a similar amount to spare.
    Yesterday took the dog for a walk and then spent 3 hours in the garden mainly digging. But a pal has just told me that although I ended up with more than 2000 spare I'd probably put my body into starvation mode if I continue like that
    Is she right ???

No such animal as starvation mode. Eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories to compensate for inaccuracies in the "calorie burned" amounts but enough to keep your energy up. If you feel healthier, you probably are!

cheers
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    5 mile run in the hills...:heart:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Buffet training.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Swimming (it's 102 degrees F out today)
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Insanity, Cardio Recovery. Just finished ^_^
  • GeraldDuane
    GeraldDuane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Played disc golf for an hour or an hour and a half depending on the number of holes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Lower body B. More yard work this weekend.
  • sjaplo
    Options
    30 min yoga this am - the dog was most cooperative!

Will cycle home.

Friday's ride all the way home was hellish - 12.5 miles and a climb of 930ft (includes my driveway!) Calves cramped totally twice. :laugh: Got a little DOMS from that today.
  • plaquechoco
    Options
    Today I biked to the gym (1 hour total) and I did 1h and 10 min of strenght training and stretching.