MyFitnessCREEPERS

Options

Replies

• bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree that the responses are downright rude. I personally think that most of the rude ones stem from jealousy, but we are here to encourage each other, not tear each other down.

Really? No really?

fmmPE.gif

Achievement unlocked : IQ - 10%. I'm sorry, but that's not even closely related to the subject AT ALL.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Nothing with you wanting to post pics, nor with what you're wearing. Saying she is at fault for her outfit is like people that blame rape victims because they were dressed 'provocatively'. If you get messages from creeps block the user, there should be a button in the message itself. Unfortunately you might still get them from others, but just try to deflect as best you can.

P.S. Good work!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I agree that the responses are downright rude. I personally think that most of the rude ones stem from jealousy, but we are here to encourage each other, not tear each other down.

Really? No really?

fmmPE.gif

Achievement unlocked : IQ - 10%. I'm sorry, but that's not even closely related to the subject AT ALL.

Is your image from Toxicity? :P
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Really? No really?

fmmPE.gif

maybe not from guys, lol, but yes, women will do that sort of thing when jealous. So, yes. Really. And, jealousy and tearing someone down for looking good has EVERYTHING to do with this thread, because she didn't ASK for it. Thank you for sharing your 10% IQ. :bigsmile:
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am a guy and think that anyone who comes on this site and tries to turn it into a dirty chat site is a loser and a tool. There are plenty of other places to do that with girls who are interested in that. She should be able to post what she wants without having those comments. I bet 1/2 of you that make those kinda comments wouldn't dare do it in person to her. Also, she is not baiting anything anymore than if I take a picture with my shirt off.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    WOW! I cannot believe the people on here who say the OP is "baiting" these people!

1. This is a dieting/fitness website. You can't show progress as well with clothes on.
    2. This is NOT a dating website, so people shouldn't assume that the OP wants sexual attention.

3. AND MOST IMPORTANT: The people sending the inappropriate/unwanted comments are at fault here - not the OP for posting a semi sexy photo. No matter how damn sexy she is, they should control what they write and not be such animals. Some of you blaming the OP are making the same type of "blame the victim" BS arguments that rapists made "she was asking for it b/c her skirt was too short and her boobs were out." Stop being pigs.

I agree!!! but this thread is too funny....Deal with it :heart:

BRB i'm going to put up a boob shot! feel free to give me dirty comments :bigsmile: I like it :devil:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE IT'S A BATHING SUIT! NOT LINGERIE!

la la la la la - i can't hear you because i'm distracted by BOOBIES

:laugh:

sorry - i'm really laughing now at how people keep saying you're in your unders

My thoughts EXACTLY! as for the issue at hand...I'm torn. I agree that saying she deserves it is completely unacceptable. However, bathing suit or not, your lady bits are very much emphasized. Don't get me wrong you look fabulous and I'm so sorry you have to deal with that kind of attention. But maybe try to see your profile picture from an outsider's view? I think your best option is to keep doing what you do and block or report those inappropriate users.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ok all of the people likening people saying she shouldn't be surprised about COMMENTS to rape...really??

Not quite the same thing at all as I do not think ANYONE asks for rape. But some people do post pictures fishing for compliments. (not saying that was the OP's intention here at all, just saying some people do)

I think what people are saying is: it shouldn't be a surprise that a picture of someone in a bikini (especially a self acknowledged well endowed woman) is going to attract attention.

Are these people right for their comments? No but the OP should understand they are coming her way if she posts a picture in her barely theres.

To compare this scenario to rape is outrageous. :explode:
  • sulugirl
    sulugirl Posts: 17
    Options
    I've been posting progress pics on my profile with every 4-5 lbs I lose. But I'm getting totally discouraged because I will get messages (3 this week) from guys who are saying completely inappropriate things. I don't wanna delete the pics--I'm proud of my weight loss so far! But is there a way to report these guys even if they're sending you a private message? Or idk, just suggestions in general?

My suggestion: 1. Create a folder on your computer entitled "My Weight Loss Progress"; 2. Copy all of your progress photos into that folder. 3. Delete all progress photos off of your public online account on MyFitnessPal.

I can guarantee you that my suggestion will give you promising results. No more creepers, well - no new ones.

To be honest, I'm not surprised you were being treated this way. Like your first response to this thread mentions, you're standing there in your bra and underwear. That never goes over well online unless you're flaunting yourself and you want the attention - which is generally the case.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we live in a society where a woman with a sexy body is considered "public property," in a way...it's like, "HER BODY IS ON DISPLAY, SO OBVIOUSLY SHE WANTS THE ATTENTION." It's frustrating to get the kind of attention you're getting ("OMG U R HOT ASL?") and not the kind you're expecting at a weight loss site ("Wow, great work! That's so inspiring!")

But, being that it's the internet and it's not going to change, you can either ignore it or work with it. I posted a pic that I didn't even think was very sexy, and STILL got some creepers... So I put up a less flattering one, haha. That seems to have helped. I would love to put up more revealing ones because we have worked hard for these bodies and we deserve to be proud, but I just can't cope with the type of attention I don't want. The world isn't going to change, so I'll err on the conservative side here for my own sanity. :smile:
  • sulugirl
    Options
    Ok all of the people likening people saying she shouldn't be surprised about COMMENTS to rape...really??

Those users should be reported. That is unacceptable. But, I'll convey again, the internet isn't the greatest place to post photos like that. You'll get all kinds of attention.
  • sulugirl
    Options
    EVERYONE IT'S A BATHING SUIT! NOT LINGERIE!

My bad. Not what it looks like.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    There's a reason I call this place MyFitnessPervs. LOL
    Unfortunately, I have gotten rude and innapropriate PM's from guys on here even when I was fully dressed in my main pic.
    No matter how you are dressed the harassment is not right. I have politely told guys to leave me alone....and most do back off. But if they continue to bother me I will give them a virtual b*tchslap. You are free to wear whatever you like as long as it is within the guidelines.

Personally, I don't mind getting complimented by guys (or girls) on this site about my body, as long as they aren't telling me what they'd like to "do to me". There are some really great guys on this site. The ones that I am friends with are very respectful.
    It took a while to weed through the creeps though.

Congrats on your weightloss so far! : )
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options

Not quite the same thing at all as I do not think ANYONE asks for rape. But some people do post pictures fishing for compliments. (not saying that was the OP's intention here at all, just saying some people do)

I think what people are saying is: it shouldn't be a surprise that a picture of someone in a bikini (especially a self acknowledged well endowed woman) is going to attract attention.

Are these people right for their comments? No but the OP should understand they are coming her way if she posts a picture in her barely theres.

To compare this scenario to rape is outrageous. :explode:

Thank you
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! but this thread is too funny....Deal with it :heart:

BRB i'm going to put up a boob shot! feel free to give me dirty comments :bigsmile: I like it :devil:

:heart: It! Make sure to friend me first . .LOL!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I wish I could smack all of you (who are saying she should expect these comments). Are you also saying that if somebody dresses sexy in public then they shouldn't be surprised if they get raped??? Seriously...that's what you're saying.

I am getting so mad at this...Someone who dresses sexy in public probably expects some stares or cat calls...why must we jump right to rape?? Not the same situation at all. :explode:

Yes, I would except if someone was walking around in their bikini in the real world would be getting some looks, whistles and comments from men. (we are not at the beach while we are on MFP looking at these pics so I am not immediately associating this with the beach...however if she were in a sports bra and shorts...it probably wouldn't be as provocative)

Is it right, no? Are these men jerks? Probably. Did she ask for the attention? Possibly.

How the heck does making comments about a "sexy" picture get lumped right in with rape? ani_banghead3.gif
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    There's a reason I call this place MyFitnessPervs. LOL
    Unfortunately, I have gotten rude and innapropriate PM's from guys on here even when I was fully dressed in my main pic.
    No matter how you are dressed the harassment is not right. I have politely told guys to leave me alone....and most do back off. But if they continue to bother me I will give them a virtual b*tchslap. You are free to wear whatever you like as long as it is within the guidelines.

Personally, I don't mind getting complimented by guys (or girls) on this site about my body, as long as they aren't telling me what they'd like to "do to me". There are some really great guys on this site. The ones that I am friends with are very respectful.
    It took a while to weed through the creeps though.

Congrats on your weightloss so far! : )

Ah congrats on YOURS! you look fabulous! 68 lbs that is amazing :)
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thats why I only have female friends. I dont feel comfortable showing my body to men and I dont think my husband would appreciate it either.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want just don't gripe about people making comments about it.

WTF is wrong with you people?!?!
    so what if she's got a picture of herself in a bathing suit. that means it's ok for creeps to send her messages like she somehow 'asked for it'?!?!?
    i'm sure alot of you are just jealous your body doesn't look like hers and probably never will.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm suprised how rude people have been to the OP. The coments that she should expect crap because it's the internet and that's how the internet is. Right so because it's the internet and we can't actually see the person we should all be complete arseholes then? That's what alot of you are saying.

Just because it's the internet it doesn't mean it's okay to send pervy messages to people. Just because it's the internet it doesn't mean it's acceptable to harangue a person because of what she chooses to wear.

Just lately there seems to be less suportive people on here and more nasty people.
This discussion has been closed.