***TEAM PERSEVERANCE- AUGUST CHALLENGE- WEEK 2*** (Closed Gr

Options
GOOD MORNING TEAM PERSEVERANCE!!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR WEEK 2 OF GARY'S KICK THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST CHALLENGE!

AGAIN HERE IS WHAT'S IN STORE FOR US THIS WEEK:

CHALLENGE : Unleashing AUGUST WEEK 2 the Beast Within!
This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.
Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
the team!
WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
don’t have weights
Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to
volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
you must find another recipe to submit.
*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.
Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

ALSO HERE IS THE CURRENT TEAM LIST:

Sat 08/06/11 08:20 PM
I have been asked for a current list of our team. Well here it is. People who have left us and dropped out are no longer on the list. Sooo this is who we have now. 2 people on the list have been MIA this entire week. I have reached out to them and if I don't hear back by the beginning of this week, sigh, I'm just moving on. Now don't sit there thinking... is she talking about me.. does she mean me. You know who you are if you signed up on day one and have done nothing yet. Missing a day here or there is NOT what I'm talking about. If you are one of those people then for goodness sakes reach out to me, I'm the most understanding person you will ever meet! HUGS!!!!!

1beachteacher
AmandaR910
arielle0489
bonniehoskins
boosmama98
fitnhealthyccthatsme
emilyahsmommy
godswonderwoman
Jack_mc
JulesWatkins
kjnicol
kweeden
Lori_menorahlover
ncgatorfan
NeuroticVirgo
rjsewell
SeatownJ
sherrisloan
sumjoy
tanya7712
Trans4mations
trimom63
elana1987

Replies

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    ThumbS3ashx.jpg

Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Chips ~ (I chose a recipe that is something I eat almost daily. A turkey burger! Will be making the Sweet Potato Chips soon! This is from Oxygen Magazine!)

Craving the taste of fast food? Cook up this quick and easy meal that will fool your taste buds without adding extra fat or sodium.

Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Chips
    Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:

Non-stick olive oil spray
    1 medium sweet potato, sliced thinly (1/8" thick slices)
    Sea salt, to taste (optional)
    8 oz lean ground turkey
    ¼ cup salsa, divided
    4 slices tomato
    2 Romaine lettuce leaves
    2 whole-grain, thin burger buns, toasted

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Spread sweet potato slices on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through, stirring once halfway through.
    Meanwhile, lightly spray a large sauté pan with olive oil spray. Mix ground turkey with 2 tablespoons of salsa, divide in half and form each half into a patty. Cook patties over medium-high heat until lightly browned on one side (approximately 4 minutes). Flip burgers over and continue cooking until done, approximately 3 more minutes.
    On half of each bun, place a lettuce leaf and 2 tomato slices; place burgers on the opposite bun and top with remaining salsa (1 tablespoon each). Place lettuce and tomato side on top of burger and salsa and serve immediately with the sweet potato chips.

Nutrients per serving:

Calories: 353, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 150 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 41 g, Dietary Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 27 g, Iron, 2 mg
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sorry I did'nt post yesturday, I was out the whole day and then went to a party. So I was bad with everything all around. I did'nt do the squat lunges and I did'nt drink all my water, but I did'nt go over too much on my calories. I am thinking I have to work out today to make up for yesturday.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori,
    Very happy to report that I've lost 3.6lbs since starting the challenge!!

:flowerforyou

One of my favourites -

Steamed Chicken Breast with Citrus and Coriander (Serves 4)

Preparation time: 10 minutes
    Cooking time: 15-20 minutes

4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
    2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
    2 red peppers, roughly chopped
    4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
    Juice of 2 limes
    Coarse ground black pepper

2 small glasses of white wine
    ½ chicken stock cube
    1 small glass of water
    4 tbsp olive oil
    340g basmati rice

Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
    2. Tear off 4 large pieces of tinfoil, then place onto a chopping board.
    3. Put half a sliced courgette, overlapped, onto the centre of each piece of foil and the chopped red pepper and coriander on top.
    4. Place the 4 breasts onto the courgettes and peppers, season and squeeze over the fresh lime.
    5. Bring the wine, stock cube and water to the boil in a saucepan.
    6. Fold up one end of the foil so you have a tight seal and carefully pour in a ¼ of the chicken stock and white wine to each packet.
    7. Then place them into a deep roasting tray and pour a little boiling water in the bottom to prevent them catching.
    8. Cook in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
    9. Once cooked, do take care when you open the foil packets as the steam will be very hot.
    10. Pour into bowls, drizzle over a touch more olive oil and serve with lime segments and steamed basmati rice.

Per serving -

Calories - 260
    Sugar - 8.6g
    Fat - 7.5g
    Saturated fat - 3.9g
    Salt - 0.5g
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Holy cinnamon rolls, Jules!! That's fanTASTic!!! You're rockin' the August challenge, girlfriend!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I appreciate the honesty Tanya and the fact that you posted it!!! Get recharged and focus on having a successful Week 2!!!

Jules you kick booty!!!! UNREAL!!!!

Jill it's great to have you back!!!!!

WEEK 2 HERE WE COME!!!!

I need weights posted in here no later than tomorrow am. If you don't want everyone to see it then you need to message me! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****QUICK LINK BACK TO WEEK 1's FORUM THREAD FOR REFERENCE!!!****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/301510--team-perseverance-august-challenge-closed-group?page=1#posts-3989930
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    COPY AND PASTE 100 MILE LIST

OK TEAM WE ARE GOING TO SEE HOW TALENTED WE ARE AT COPYING, PASTING AND COMMITTING TO WALKING, RUNNING AND JOGGING. Everyone put yourself on this list and tell what you will commit to. Copy and paste it as it grows and by the time it reaches the end we have our official list! This makes my life much easier than me going back through all the posts and trying to find who said what. THANK YOU!!!

1.LORI- I will commit to at least 10 miles towards our 100 as a team this week (will do more if needed but I want to see this being a TEAM EFFORT)
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    COPY AND PASTE 100 MILE LIST

OK TEAM WE ARE GOING TO SEE HOW TALENTED WE ARE AT COPYING, PASTING AND COMMITTING TO WALKING, RUNNING AND JOGGING. Everyone put yourself on this list and tell what you will commit to. Copy and paste it as it grows and by the time it reaches the end we have our official list! This makes my life much easier than me going back through all the posts and trying to find who said what. THANK YOU!!!

1.LORI- I will commit to at least 10 miles towards our 100 as a team this week (will do more if needed but I want to see this being a TEAM EFFORT)
    2. JULES - I'm happy to do at least 10 miles towards our 100 as a team this week (will do more if needed)
  • trimom63
    Options

2. JULES - I'm happy to do at least 10 miles towards our 100 as a team this week (will do more if needed)
    3. JILL - sorry, I'm going to be a piker...I'll commit to 7 miles - it's TOM week ...going to be a struggle! I'll try for more, but I'll commit to THAT!
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

3. JILL - sorry, I'm going to be a piker...I'll commit to 7 miles - it's TOM week ...going to be a struggle! I'll try for more, but I'll commit to THAT!
    4. ELANA - I can commit to 8 miles for the team this week for sure! If I'm able to complete more, I definitely will.

P.S. Lori - I will be weighing in tomorrow AM and will send my wt. to you then! :)
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    2.Sherri-15 miles

Copied and pasted the wrong one sorry. I have lost 2 lbs this week. I weigh 155 now.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options

4. ELANA - I can commit to 8 miles for the team this week for sure! If I'm able to complete more, I definitely will.
    5.SHERRI - 15 miles

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! THIS IS LOOKING AWESOME!!!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options

5.SHERRI - 15 miles
    6.KJ - Is this EXTRA miles??? If so count me in for 6 but if it's not on top of our regular then I'll do 10 (or more if needed)
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to check in. I know it's rest day and not sure today cals and water count, but if it does I'm all good. Water done and Cals - just under. I'll be back 2morrow morning to weigh in, hope it's a good one!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Morning KJ! It's supposed to be extra miles on top of ones we normally do. By the way LOVE your Dropping Diva's banner. BLING! BLING!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure if I needed to post this on this topic so it didn't get lost in the shuffle. lol

Here is my recipe for the challenge ...as far as I can tell no ones posted it. I really like making these, and even my daughter (age 8) likes them, and prep time is quick.

Portobello Mushroom Cheese Pizza

img21392.jpg

Calories: 85 Carbs: 7 Fiber: 2 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Protein: 6 Sodium: 151
    Makes 2 servings (its 85 cals per serving)

Ingredients
    4 Tbsp - No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
    4 tsp (10g) - Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    4 Tbsp - Shredded Cheese (I used walmarts Fiesta Blend)
    2 Portobello mushroom Caps

Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
    2) Cut out mushroom stem and ribs with spoon. Don't throw away, save to the side.
    3) Bake for 10 minutes, remove and drain juice. ( draining the juice and even blotting with a paper towel helps them from being watery and washing away your sauce)
    4) Chop up stems & ribs. Put 2 Tbsp of sauce in each mushroom, then top with stems/ribs, 2 tbsp shredded cheese, and tsp Parmesan cheese.
    5) Bake in oven additional 15 minutes.

* Let sit for a minute then eat.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

5.SHERRI - 15 miles
    6.KJ - Is this EXTRA miles??? If so count me in for 6 but if it's not on top of our regular then I'll do 10 (or more if needed)
    7 Christina - 6 miles , maybe more.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    THX Christina!!! Yeah I saw your recipe on our first thread and was like YUM I soooo wanna make those!!! Looks killer delicious!!! TY for putting it over here as well AND TY for contributing miles for this week!!

LOVE MY TEAM!!!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Neurotic...that recipe looks decadent!! Yum!!

One more question to our esteemed leader!! So....on a "rest" day....can we do those "extra" miles as part of the 100 mile challenge?? I'd take a 4 or 5 mile walk just today if I get to count it toward that!! I don't typically like to DO complete rest days because I can't EAT, so I usually do SOMEthing. If that can count toward the challenge, I'm THERE!! ;)
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hi Jill!!! I WILL count them towards it ;-) I rarely take a full day off either. Yesterday was my rest day and I still did 35 min of step to help give me a few extra calories if I wanted them.
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    under calories: done

64 + oz water: done

Rest day: done

time to call it a day for now