Rambling Random Hot Moms (Closed)

Options

Replies

• mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    HUjWg.jpg
  • helena98
    Options
    Thanks, ladies, for joining me on this challenge!

@mussmom -- Your schedule makes me tired! I can't believe you're keeping up with healthy eating and drinking water! I would have thrown in the towel on day one. If you can squeeze in exercise at all, then you're my hero!!

@mamaDaisyJ -- I hope your sick days are gone and that you're feeling much better this week.

@badbrat2005 -- I saw your weight loss this morning. Over 2 pounds in one day!! AWESOME!! See how fast those weekend pounds can melt away? Maybe we should have Tuesday weigh-ins.

@debnu1 -- Lazy man exercises are still exercises! You've already got your 30 minutes in today, hooray!

@sugarlovebug -- You may be at a plateau, but you're still kicking all our butts in overall weight loss. You better watch out -- I'm creeping up on you!!

I like to weigh in daily too. Like mamaDaisyJ, I gotta be careful that I don't go overboard on sweets just cuz I had a good weigh-in that morning. This morning, I was up over a pound (goshDARNit!!), so I put on my LONG Bob Harper DVD and burned 672 calories in one hour. Hopefully this extra push will get me back on track.

So, for exercise, I'm 2 for 2 this week! Now to drink 6 more glasses of water today.....:drinker:
  • helena98
    Options
    No news on the job front. I haven't heard back from the job I interviewed for a week ago, and the stress of waiting is KILLING me.
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Thanks for noticing the loss(takes a bow). I just started fresh on Monday after a terrible weekend for a diet. I am eating right around 1200 calories a day. I did my exercise both days so far of the challenge. As for the water, I was one bottle shy yesterday, but today i am a botle and a half away so it will get done. I drink 5 bottles a day which is equal to 10 glasses. Hoping to see another good loss tomorrow, even after my big yummy dinner.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Last three days-I suck. I love hearing all of your successes tho! I need to kick it in gear. Quit making excuses. So life is busy. So I may be at my weight and it is harder to lose. Why did I join this group? To meet people like you and stay motivated. I know I am coaching, but this weeks bad eating is ending. (I had Wendy's for dinner, with a large Coke...grrr) I have a game tomorrow, so I Will get on the elliptical in the morning when I would normally be in the gym at volleyball practice. And I know this is sick and wrong, but I am silently patting myself on the back for hitting the skunk that has been coming around our house all summer and waking me up with its pleasant odor. It committed suicide really...I was driving on our dirt road on my way to practice and there it was. I was going to dodge it, then it walked BACK into the middle of the road. Me thinking to myself: swerve? No, will go off the road. Slam on brakes? No, will go off the road. Keep going? Crap. Yep, I may have squealed like a little girl too. But that bugger won't be bothering us any more.
  • helena98
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 8 (9/12)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

DUUxk.png

Here's a quick summary of the past 8 weeks.

Dw320.png

Holy crap. Did we just collectively lose only 5.9 lbs this week?! 39 members weighing in, and only 5.9 lbs?! Time for a progress report!!

Below, you will find our latest progress chart. I’ve calculated everyone’s “% to GW.” As of today, if you want to reach your goal weight, you will need to have a 34% or higher. To make it even more fun, I calculated your estimated weight loss by 12/31 and also your estimated weight on 12/31. These calculations are based on your total weight loss for the past 8 weeks, and I think you’ll find them very interesting.

jLuB8.png

CONGRATS to everyone in the green! Let’s take a moment to recognize the members who are already over half-way to their GW’s:
    :flowerforyou: LPC020409 in Group 4
    :flowerforyou: Cherilea in Group 7
    :flowerforyou: MacksMama in Group 8
    :flowerforyou: Swimmom2 in Group 9
    :flowerforyou: And rkeaton360 in Group 10
    You ladies rock!! Thanks for showing us how it’s done!

:ohwell: [SIGH]...I’m still in the white group. But I’m SO CLOSE to getting in the yellow group! I’m tempted to change my 12/31 goal weight, but according to my favorite iPod app, “Target WEIGHT for Adults,” if I continue to lose weight at the same rate I lost for the past 2 weeks, I will reach by goal weight by 12/18/2011. There’s still hope for me! So….my GW stays the same for now. I’ll see what the next 4-week progress report says.

FYI - The next progress report will be posted the week of October 10, just DAYS after our half-way mark. It’s time to kick our weight loss in to high gear!

Have a great week, Hot Moms!!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUPS 5 & 6 – Discontinued. Active members of Group 5 moved to Group 7.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340810-moms-on-the-move-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    No Excuses Quote of the Day!

"It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept
    anything but the best, you very often get it."
    - W. Somerset Maughn

No Excuses to a Healthier YOU! 
    (Wednesdays from 1-2PM EST)

Get motivated and learn tips to crank up your energy
    and weight loss (and call in with questions if I can
    help you out):

http://tinyurl.com/m3dqvq    

* Listen live or to the archive

Intervals are the #1 to Crank Up Your Results!

If you are trying to get as fit as possible and lose the
    most weight possible then you are crazy if you are not
    doing 2 or 3 Interval Workouts per week. 

Intervals not only help you burn 30% more calories per
    workout (vs. exercising at one set pace) but they also
    leave your metabolism elevated for up to 12 hours
    after each workout. 

Intervals are not only the best way to lose weight, they
    also are the best way to strengthen your heart and lungs
    and improve your recovery rates (how your body responds
    to exertion – think of this in terms of playing with your kids). 

If you are trying to get more tone and also perform your
    best walking or running your next 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon
    or Marathon then Intervals should be your #1 tool.

Trust me, I lost 40 pounds 16 years ago and have kept it
    off (I weighed 224 pounds in 1995 and weigh 184 now)
    and I did it (and keep it off) doing Intervals. 

Plus Intervals are at the core of why I have been able to
    pull off 12 Ironman Triathlons and 16 Boston Marathons
    without hammering my body or feeling like training is a
    part-time job.

You deserve to burn 30% more calories per workout and
    to leave your post-workout metabolism elevated for up
    to 12 hours. 

So what time are you doing your Interval Workout
    today?

Today's Fitness Mission: Intervals

Interval Workouts help you burn up to 30% more
    calories than exercising at a set pace and increase
    your post-workout metabolism for up to 12 hours. 

Pick your favorite activity (walking, running, hiking,
    biking, etc.) and have fun!

• No Excuses Workout System (NEWO) members: do
    your Personalized Intervals from your web-based
    software on your own or with me using one of the
    videos:

Go to http://www.NoExcusesWorkouts.com/ and click
    on “Log in”

• Non-NEWO System members: to access a Sample
    Interval Workout go to:

http://bit.ly/oCzy9X

Not a No Excuses Workout System Member?

Our 20,000 No Excuses System Members are crushing it.  The top 500 members have lost 35 pounds each and the top 100 members have lost 66 pounds each and you could be next:

http://bit.ly/ekqYjR

Hit your Pre-Pregnancy Weight Boot Camp starts Monday (9/19) and the limited spots are filling up fast:

http://bit.ly/qKeEsI

I thought I would share this as I signed up for the bootcamp and am getting excited!!

Another round of lazy exercises incorporating the pushup challenge and sit ups. I forget how good it feels to break a sweat! I got my water in yesterday. Yay. One day down. I also got the target weight for adults app it's awesome! I also hate having those little red number show up on my phOne so it will catch my attention!

Have a great one i am off for a busy day.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Oh I got 24 for my max today. How about you?
  • helena98
    Options
    I'm scared to max out on my push-ups! I did another initial test on Monday and got a solid 14. (BIG improvement from 2!) I probably could have pushed myself harder, but I was worried what kind of reps I would have to do next. Sure enough, I could BARELY make it through the push-up reps today (W3D1, Level 1), and so I hit "repeat day" on my app and will keep doing them until I can do them well. So, a slight hiccup in my push-up progress, but I'm still doing them every other day.

Another 34 minutes on the elliptical today, and 5 glasses of water down too. Lately I'm THIRSTY, so it's been no problem to go over 10 glasses of water a day. Just wish I could put down the sweets! Ah well. One thing at a time.....
  • debnu1
    Options
    I didn't change the level I am on for the pushups I started at 2 and have stayed there. I am very glad I did. I probably will only use my max for my guide instead of doing an initial test again.

I also am having a horrible time with sweets. Everything and anything sugary makes its way into my mouth. Time to get back on the bandwagon with my book--I am tired of eating so much junk!

I am halfway on my water time to get moving. I had planned on walking to pickup my daughter from school today, but she got sick so I didn't get the exercise boost I was planning on. (She threw up in the office while I was on the phone with her. Not good!)
  • helena98
    Options
    Weekly Challenge Update time!

Exercise = 3/7 days (129 min)
    Water = 3/7 days

And I'm pleased to report that I kept my sweets calories below 70 today. This is HUGE, considering that Monday's was 272 and Tuesday was 1090. Sure, it's TOM for me, but 1090 of candy in ONE DAY?! RIDICULOUS!! So I'm making myself log it all in, holding myself accountable, knowing I can do WAY better. I don't think I can quit sweets cold turkey, so I gave myself a 100-calorie/day limit, and I stuck with it today. Yay! It IS possible, TOM and all!! I just gotta stay focused on those long-term goals and not give in to short-term cravings. One day at a time, ladies!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    hello hello

My weekly challenge update
    Exercise = 1/7 days (50 min)
    Water = 3/7 days
    Plank a day = 12 seconds
    Pushups = 15 ~ starting over though cause a week in got sick

I am finally feeling better and actually jumped on the trampoline tonight without that uncomfortable stuffiness sloshing around *yuck*
    Did I say I went to the doctor? It's funny.. a doctor's appointment leaves me feeling pampered cause I am so taking care of myself. But yea, he gave me some prednisone for my heels, which are feeling much better. Went on two walks today and rode the bike around the neighborhood. And antibiotic for my cold...virus...sickness.
    Spent some time reviewing the last year. I came to realize that I did the best when I kept it simple. I was just walking and watching my numbers when I was the most consistent. So, I now have three times of day that we will walk. I'm working up to the full 30 minutes again though, cause my feet still hurt!
    Heel cups, that's what the doctor told me to get and they really do help me to distribute my step more evenly.

I love the chart! Thank you so much. I think it's a really helpful kick in the rear ~
    OK ~ Money ~ we all love it and want it and will need it for our new year's wardrobe!
    We have 15 weeks to earn the body and the clothes
    So....
    Every night I make it to bed before midnight ~ I get .50cent
    Every completed workout earns me ~ .25cent
    Each day my calories complete in the green ~ .50cent
    Each day I reach 12 or more glasses of water ~ .50cent
    Each week I weigh-in a loss ~ $1.00

The amounts are small so I will have to work more for it to be worth it. If I meet my challenge goal by Christmas, I am going to double whatever amount I have saved. Well, rather my husband is going to :tongue: But he approves and I think it will make it fun.

OK~ believe it or not, my mind just went all blank! So, I will post and say good night~
  • helena98
    Options
    OK ~ Money ~ we all love it and want it and will need it for our new year's wardrobe!
    We have 15 weeks to earn the body and the clothes
    So....
    Every night I make it to bed before midnight ~ I get .50cent
    Every completed workout earns me ~ .25cent
    Each day my calories complete in the green ~ .50cent
    Each day I reach 12 or more glasses of water ~ .50cent
    Each week I weigh-in a loss ~ $1.00

LOVE this! That's $13.25 a week, which adds up to $198.75 by the end of the year. What a great incentive!! Makes me want to start "earning" money too.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I don't even want to think about how manycalories I have taken in from sweets lately. I am ready to cut back! Two days down with exercise and water. Now to finish out the week! I love the paying yourself Idea. Especially the double it at your goal. $400 would be an awesome reward at the end!

I plan on getting style advice and getting myself new clothes when I reach my goal. It'll be so much fun!
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Love the idea of the earning money incentive. I will have to run that by my fiance. I would just cut out the bedtime one and cut the water down to 10 glasses. That would be a great way to get me moving better. I did great this week til today. Today has been terrible eating and drink wise. Figured Id let myself have the bad day and start fresh tomorrow, except were going out drinking again. Wish our friends would stop turning 21 lol. But I have loved seeing the losses, so I have to do this. And Ill hope for a good weighin Monday. Oh and I got a job and start Sunday night. It is midnights. Should I weigh in Monday morning when I get home or after I sleep? Need opinions on that one.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Today I ate lots of cookie calories, but I never really got hungry again, so I managed to stay within maintenance... but no money for maintenance!

I'm glad ya'll like my idea. Feel free to borrow and tailor it to your personal goals like Brat mentioned. It was kind of fun to put them quarters in my giant animal cracker bear jar. Earning with bedtime, water, and I managed one walk in the drizzle. I need to get a roll of quarters!~

Congrats on the new job! That is exciting. I always get the little butterflies like the first day of Kindergarten. I would weigh after you sleep, cause you essentially fast for 6-10 hours depending how long you sleep.

Oh~ plank a day challenge ~ 26 seconds
    Exercise 2/7 (80 minutes)
    Water 4/7
  • helena98
    Options
    Weekly Challenge Status

Exercise = 4/7
    Water = 4/7

Still trying to reign in my sweets, but at least my exercise and water are doing well. Maybe the next challenge should be only one treat a week or something.

@badbrat -- Congrats on the new job! Definitely weigh in AFTER you sleep. I always find I'm much lower in the mornings when I wake up then at the end of the day.

My waiting-to-hear-back-from-that-job-interview-stress is KILLING me! Why does the university have to take SO LONG? I finally got an email from them today, saying they're impressed with my background and interest and will be communicating with me shortly. That means a job offer, right??? Or maybe it's the standard email that goes out to everyone, and I'll soon get that "Thanks, but no thanks" letter. I'm WAY overthinking this! Gotta simmer down!!!!!!

Just found out yesterday that my uncle passed away. He lives in Idaho, about 2.5 hrs from Salt Lake City where I live. I'll spend Saturday traveling to Idaho, attending the funeral, and traveling back. This kinda throws me off schedule, but I'm glad I live close enough to go, as I'll be the only one representing my family -- my parents and siblings can't make it, which makes me sad cuz it's my dad's brother. Either way, I want to celebrate my uncle's life and not obsess about missed exercise and extra calories. That's the key, isn't it? Enjoy life and don't obsess about the scale or food.

Have a happy Friday!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    @Helen-your uncle sounds like he lived in Pocatello or Burley? Small world. I live by Twin Falls. Good luck on the Utes job. Hope you get it:)
    @Daisy-love the payment idea. Hope it keeps you on track.
    @Badbrat-I often wonder what your name really is:) Nice on the job!
    @Deb-:( I too have rediscovered sweets in the form of Coke. I am off it again tomorrow. I was/am too fit to go back to fat.

For me, being busy CAN NOT be my excuse. It just can't. I have got to get my **** together. It has been a HORRIBLE eating and NO exercise week. I know better. I have eaten crap, and feel tired and yucky. Duh. I haven't been logging my calories, and I am not sure what to do about that, just because I can't log in at work and just don't have the 10-20 minutes to catch up at night or the morning. Next week is homecoming, so will be crazy. But NO EXCUSES! I have to do it. I will exercise tomorrow before the boys' games. Have a great week all.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I made 50cent today for water... thought I did ok on calories, but my daughter's sleep over still has me up and I just had to have more carbs to make it, so I have to add to my log now :frown:

No workout either, no excuse, just didn't get it in. Walked to get my daughter, but it was straight there and back... rain! Thought about walking the dog this evening, but then the kids got here and it started raining again. But we do need the rain, so I need to incorporate a rainy day workout ~

Um, pushups.... started over cause of my sick week, week1day1 did my sets and maxed at 12
    Plank a day~ 31 seconds

I think doing both will increase my chance of doing real pushups next time around :smile:

I think I may add a payment for days that I go without sugary stuff.... I still gotta have my fruit and instant oatmeal though.

Helen, sorry to hear about your uncle. It's always sad to lose someone, especially family. I hope your visit with your family is pleasant. And yea, it sounds like they at least want you for a second interview. You might reply and provide hours best to reach you or something. It will let them know you are still interested and received their email, and make ya feel like you are doing something :smile:

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    So, I have weighed myself everyday for the last three..... I know, not what I'm supposed to do. And I have been really good about not doing it all week, maybe just one peek. But anyway.... My weigh-in Monday was 196.8 right.... which was a gain.... and now I'm all the way up in the 200 mark!! I hate seeing that 2 there, but I really dont think I've messed up that badly.
    Do you ladies think it could be the medicine that I'm almost done taking? Prednisone and Amoxicyllin~

I know we aren't doctors or anything like that, but this is really bugging me to the point of sabotaging thoughts. My neighbor's first comment when I got the meds was the steroid would make me want to eat... which I can see a little, but I thought I had been maintaining. I've just got 3 days left, but I really need to hear that these extra 4 pounds will go away with the daily meds!