30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11

Options

Replies

• leesiegrl
    Options
    I have done most of Jillian Michael's DVDs and love them. I just started The Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I find this easier to do than Jillian's 30 Day Shred but still feel like I had a good work out. Also I do the Yoga Weight Loss DVD and that one works for body FOR SURE!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Jade~ Just do what you can. If push ups hurt, don't do them. March in place, do side lunges instead. Opt for whatever doesn't hurt. But a day or two of rest certainly won't set you back.
  • thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I realllly want to do a day 7 today...and it's taking everything in me to just rest. I keep telling myself it's okay to rest...give my body and muscles a chance to catch up, build, and everything will go along as planned. I'm torn though because I plan to go at it again tomorrow...but as soon as I hit those pushups I'm gonna be in pain again. Am considering wall push-ups...but do they do ANY good? Is it worth it? And then to just continue doing regular crunches when they do the reverse and anything else that requires major use of transverse abs? What would you do?!! I don't want to make it worse...but I don't want to lose steam here either. I'm noticing changes...my friends and family are too...and I want to keep this momentum going!!

TBH I don't think there is anything wrong with having a rest day, especially if you have that kind of pain. I did it earlier this week because of my quads and was def better for it. By the following day I felt much stronger. Or like Statia said, do what you can if you must do something. Just be careful to not do those exercises that exacerbate the injury you seem to be dealing with. It won't set you back or undo the progress you've made.

Awesome that you have someone to do some massage for you :D Stay positive and listen to your body and you'll be fine!
  • thistleandfi
    Options
    D5L1 done. Definitely a significant difference in endurance vs D1 :happy:

Have a nice w/e everyone!
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's past midnight here and I'm about to do Day 6, I really want to go to bed though!! I will be away for the next few days but I'm going to take the laptop with me to keep going.
    Jade - I agree, there's nothing wrong with having a rest day if you're in pain, just jump back in when you're feeling better. Hope you're feeling better soon though.

Have a good weekend everyone x
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am feeling really guilty because I skipped my workout today and went out to dinner. I wasn't that bad as far as calories but still feel guilty. I might try to do the video twice tomorrow to make up for missing today.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 5 completed with a calorie burn of 210 in 28 minutes. I use 5 lb. weights. I also did 56 minutes of Zumba this morning and an hour of Yogalates back to back. Still modifying the JJ's because my knees were starting to feel it when I actually did them a few days ago, but the bicycle crunches seemed easier today! :bigsmile:
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i'm getting ready to do D4! it was a long day at work, i hope i can make it all the way thru it.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Man....one day of rest and today was HARD for me to get through. I did wall pushups instead (transverse ab is feeling a smidgeon better...couple more days and I think it'll be healed). Now I see why people don't want to take a day off...LOL! So, day 7, level 1 done. Only 23 more days...(that doesn't sound too encouraging to me right now.) :o/
  • enigma2546
    Options
    Taking today to rest!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    L1 Day 7 done and feeling good about it! HRM seemed consistent with yesterday at 287 calories burned today.

Tomorrow I will start L2. Planning on getting my ars kicked, but at this point, it will hopefully be a good thing!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm on board.. Just ordered it friday from amazon.. Woo hoo let's shed the pounds ~~~
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ** Are we doing a weigh in day? **
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my weigh-ins on Wednesday (since that is the day I joined MFP). But if I look at my weight when we started last Monday (181.8) to today (181.2)....that shows .6 loss. However...ugh...it's more of a gain since last Wednesday I had made it down to 179.6. :o/ I'll count it as a .6 loss though...and weigh on Wednesday for my records (and hope that number has come back down since just yesterday I was 180.2). STOOPID WATER WEIGHT. :o/ I've been eating back *most* of my exercise calories, although not all of them....and I don't know that this theory works for my body to lose weight consistently, unfortunately. It's been a couple of weeks that I've been testing it out for *me* and I think I may have to eat closer to the 1200 range rather than 1500-1600 (I normally burn 650-700 a day in exercise). :o( :o( :o(
  • abouck
    Options
    I slacked off all weekend and did not work out at all. The good news is I weighed in this morning and was down .6, I am happy with this considering my bad weekend. Hoping to do better next week.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Helllllo! I'm back from camping/biking and it was great! I was able to eat well and still have a good time! I even worked soem beers into my calories! Over Fri, Sat, and Sun I only went over by 100 calories on Sunday as it was my rest day! I'm pretty please about that!

I didn't do 30ds at all this weekend BUT i did need a rest day (i'm awful about taking those) and on Saturday I rode 36.5 miles in ONE sitting! It was amazing! Not only was it a bike ride, but it was a mountain bike race that my husband and stumbled apon. Soooo I burned 3048 calories that day and it was amazing!

Anyway, back to 30ds tonight with the hubby and then I'm about to do my turbo fire workout after lunch! Got some cleaning and catching up to do! Good job everyone, keep going! :)
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For those looking to report their 2nd monday results, look for this link:

TOPIC: 30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11 - 2nd Monday Check In
  • enigma2546
    Options
    I took yesterday and today off for rest! yesterday was my rest day, but today with all the exercising and sweating ive done all week, my thighs have chafed to the point i cannot stand to do 30ds today :( but it gives me a even bigger push to do this ! ( smaller thighs perhaps haha )
  • thistleandfi
    Options
    I took yesterday and today off for rest! yesterday was my rest day, but today with all the exercising and sweating ive done all week, my thighs have chafed to the point i cannot stand to do 30ds today :( but it gives me a even bigger push to do this ! ( smaller thighs perhaps haha )

chafing sucks! when i started exercising again i had to get new workout shorts/capris for exactly this reason, so i feel your pain! hope it eases so you can get back into the swing of things :)
  • abouck
    Options
    Back on track day 6 complete:)