Ladies: how many of you wear a bra to bed?

Options

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a bra to bed. I would end up with it around my neck if I did...double OUCH!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything that can prevent sagging. After being pregnant twice and nursing two children, it's just the way it is. The best advice is to keep your weight in tow -- breast tissue has a lot of fat with it. As you lose weight, they take a while to firm back up and after a certain age, they just don't.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly decent size chest and I do not wear a bra to bed, if I can get away with it I don't wear one until I get dressed to start my day. Don't think anything will help with nursing 2 babies and GRAVITY! :)
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both just in case. (o:
  • jennehughes
    Options
    I do but probably out of convenience more than anything. I'm a 38D but don't find it uncomfortable (or at least no more than wearing my bra in the day). Coincidentally didn't wear one last night and it was nice to be free :P
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's possible depending on how much breast tissue you have. I've seen some women wear a bra to bed with pretty decent results. When you get older, gravity is going to give you some natural sag whether you want it to or not... and whether you duct tape those boobs to your neck. It happens. Your body changes. You can, however, do chest strengthening exercises to keep the muscles tighter and hold your breast tissue up and back exercises to improve your posture. Stand up straight and tall with your shoulders back and there's much less sag
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt this will prevent them from sagging. Who the heck wears clothes to bed anyway? Not me...i only put those circulation cutting things on when leaving the house...sometimes.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    no underwear to bed... no bra, no undies (unless i have guests in my house)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think that is an old wive's tale. I don't where one to bed. I am 42 years old and a 38D and my girls are right where they are supposed to be=)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I did for a long long time. Don't know why, I just did. Now I don't and I haven't noticed much of a difference other than normal aging and nursing 5 kids. (I am more comfortable though and my husband is happier. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I never wear a bra to bed. As a matter of fact that is the 1st thing to come off after I take my shoes off when I get home! I'm a 38D and breast fed my youngest daughter. They are not as perky as they use to be but they aren't saggy ole titties either. I do breast exercises that my grandmother taught me as a young lady. Not sure if this is helping me or not, but I do think its inevitable for women's breasts to sag...Thank God for push up bras! LOL
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    I think that wouldn't really make a difference. For example wearing a bra, but sleeping on your stomach is still going to do the damage to the Girls that just normal sleeping on your stomach would do anyways.... and probably lessen the quality of your sleep (underwires- ouch!) that you would be getting.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    the last time I wore a bra to bed, I was nursing my baby. (bra held nursing pads so I didn't wake up in a puddle)

What she said. When you start having babies, they're going to sag no matter what you do! *Looong sigh** :sad:
  • FivetoNine
    Options
    It's a myth. Gravity comes to us all. You'll be fine for quite awhile because you're young and I assume you haven't had children yet? Once you have children, they will grow a bit and then sag, and nothing short of surgery will bring them back to their former glory. Nothing. No creams, exercises, bras or anything else. It is what it is but like I said, you have a long time before you have anything to worry about.

As for wearing a bra to bed, nope, not on purpose anyway. If I fall asleep in front of the TV in my clothes, well, it is what it is. But in general, the minute I get home, the bra comes off. In fact, I have to stop myself from unhooking it on my way home. (^_^)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Well im a 36DD (so they aint exactly small) and i wear one to bed, as much as its not very comfortable, i just think it gives me better support like? i dunno! ive worn a bra to bed ever since i had to start wearing them at the age of 9, soo im used to it now..

do what you think is best though :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    the only time I dont wear a bra is in the shower,I hate not wearing one
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's bad enough I have to wear one all day. I am not sleeping with one on.
  • adamtwd88
    Options
    A friend of mine mentioned that wearing a bra to bed could prevent breasts from sagging. Is it true or just a myth? I personally sleep without one, because I find it extremely uncomfortable. I'm 22, wear size 36b bra, my boobs seem to be fine at the moment but could I have issues as I get older? :noway: What do you think?

being a guy, NO ha
    but ive been told a fair few times apparently its not good for you?
    who knows! x
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine mentioned that wearing a bra to bed could prevent breasts from sagging. Is it true or just a myth? I personally sleep without one, because I find it extremely uncomfortable. I'm 22, wear size 36b bra, my boobs seem to be fine at the moment but could I have issues as I get older? :noway: What do you think?

If I am reading your question correctly, you want to know if wearing a bra to bed help keep "breasts" "perky?" EXERCISE the breast muscles. I have seen older women who wear bras to bed with "droopy" breasts, and older women who exercise their muscles with perky breasts and they do NOT wear a bra to bed.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Damn....wear a bra to bed? Hell...when I get home from work and know I'm not going anywhere...that sucker is off before I even take off my shoes!