Ladies: how many of you wear a bra to bed?

Options

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wear an old sports bra to bed. I am a 36DDD (naturally) and the girls sag a bit and are uncomfortable when not in a bra.
  • nelson6500
    Options
    Mine is te first thing to come off when I get home and last thing I put on before I leave for work. I hate them and I have big boobs. They can sag all they want but at this point I figure gravity will do more than an underwire bra that eventually will poke me.

It's all about comfor.:laugh:
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do every night. But mine are all soft bras, just enough to keep them from running rampant. I'm a 30G and I'm always finding one under an arm if I don't!:laugh: But another thing is to make sure you wear a good bra during the day. It's estimated that over 80% of women wear the wrong size. I found out 3 years ago that I was totally wearing the wrong size of bra, and with the better fit and support, my girls kiss the sky! And all you Victoria Secret lovers... I love the place too, but I went to three stores and was sized wrong at each. I wandered into a Dillards one day and was amazed to be given a completely different size and felt for the first time in years that I could run without a black eye. Remember, every 6 months you should be resized (which is free) and the extra money for a good bra can go a long way towards keeping the ladies beautiful.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's bad enough I have to wear one all day. I am not sleeping with one on.

Amen!!!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I have never heard this before... Sounds like a crock of poop if you ask me.

I like my girls to fly free at night!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    i know they probably ache most of the time without them but GOD DAMN is it sexy seeing you girls in bed bra less :tongue:
    x2

Of course from their end going to be without the bra may lead to unwanted attention some nights. :bigsmile:
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    As another poster said, I have a hard enough time wearing one during the day. I try not too if possible. I am fairly endowed and have no issues with saggin though.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I definitely DON'T wear one to bed, then again I'm average-sized. I can understand why some women would be more comfortable wearing a bra to sleep though, if they are very well-endowed.
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I'm a 38DD and my honkers are FREE at bed time. Free I say! I barely wear any clothing to bed anyways, definitely not putting on a bra.

Exactly what she said!! lol I would never wear a bra to sleep! I am pretty sure the whole sag prevention thing is just a myth anyhow...I have also heard it the other way - that the more you wear a bra, the more you will sag because your breasts will depend on the bra...I think either way is BS though...your boobs are going to be the same no matter what you do lol If the sag...so be it...breasts do that eventually lol
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My bra comes off as soon as I get home from work.

My evening attire consists of yoga pants and a wifebeater, absolutely no bra! I wouldn't even wear one to work if I didn't think people would notice...
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Being a full figure female 38DDD... I never wear a bra to bed. I've had 3 children that I have breast fed. I think the only time I wore anything resembling a bra to bed was while I was breastfeeding but it was a sports bra without any kind of wire. I've found to help prevent sagging... you have to do exercises to keep everything firm.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This has been an interesting read! I think it's kind of like the idea of stretch marks, you either get them or don't no amount of cocoa butter is going to change that it's mostly genetic. Saggy breasts are probably the same, with varying factors such as weight loss/gain, how many children you have and how many you've nursed.

That being said I am almost 40 (a few weeks until my birthday) have nursed 4 children and recently lost 20 lbs. I went from a 34F after my last child to a 32DD, I've always been large breasted. The only time I've worn a bra to bed is while I was nursing. Aside from that it's sleeping in the buff or a light slip nightgown when there's company. My breasts are not perky like a teenager or young 20-something but they aren't too shabby either!!
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I don't. But now that you mentioned it my mom did when I was young. Huh.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sounds uncomfortable
    That's exactly why I don't:noway:
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I definitely wear one. Being a size c36, it's rather uncomfortable to be turning around and having your boobs go all over the place.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    I do not wear a bra to bed. I try and not wear a bra all the time when I am at home.

I was told that sagginess in breasts increase because of excessive bra wearing. The breast tissue and the skin around the breast tissue does not learn to bear the weight of the breast and becomes dependent on the bra to support them.

I don't know how much validity there is to that but if you think about it logically it makes sense. If they skin does not know that it is supposed to bear the weight and stay perky, they wont. They will let the bra do it and then they stay saggy.

Just a thought.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    i know they probably ache most of the time without them but GOD DAMN is it sexy seeing you girls in bed bra less :tongue:
    x2

Of course from their end going to be without the bra may lead to unwanted attention some nights. :bigsmile:

You bring up a very good point. I wear a bra to bed because my husband wouldn't let me get any sleep if I didn't. :P
  • francena84
    Options
    I wear my bra to bed i like to keep my girls nice and snug... lol Im a34b to a 36b depends on the brand, I love wearing bras i dont want my nipples pooking through lol thats so uncomfortable and embarassing..
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Maybe all you ladies need to have a proper bra fitting? At a real lingerie store? It's one thing just to not like being confined, but if you're finding your bra is actually uncomfortable and the straps are digging into your shoulders or the underwire is digging in or if the strap doesn't go straight across your back but instead rises so that it's higher than the bottom of your bra under your breasts (know what I mean? This is a huge one that a lot of women do and it means the bra is the wrong size), then you're probably either wearing the wrong size or just wearing a cheap bra. It pays to have a real fitting done and then shell out the money for quality. I have a good sized chest, and if I didn't have fittings done or if I bought cheap bras, I would be miserable.

THIS. You know they say that 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. I was wearring a 38 DD and when I got PROFESSIONALLY sized (aka not at Victorias Secret) I found out that I was truly a 36F/G. Now I'm down to a 30H/32 G. Personally, I can't stand not wearing a bra. My breasts are simply too large to be comfortable without one on. They're pretty perky for their size and I haven't had kids yet. When I get into bed I wear a comfortable underwire bra (I could probably do with soft cup but I don't have one, underwire for the day is a necessity for me). I can't say my husband enjoys it haha but he's allowed to interfere when he wants to :wink:
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    x2

You bring up a very good point. I wear a bra to bed because my husband wouldn't let me get any sleep if I didn't. :P
    whys that a bad thing :tongue: