Starting wt 180.0
    Bust 38in
    Upper waist 34in
    Lower waist 41in
    Biceps both 11.5in
    Hips @ widest 44in
    Thighs L is 22.5 R 22in
    Calves L is 15.5 R 15in

Goal: to COMPLETE the shred, I'm aiming to lose 6 lbs within the next 30 days.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What is this 30 day shred, do I need DVD's to keep up?
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It is one DVD by Jillian Michaels. I have heard though that if you have Comcast, it is OnDemand.
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

What time of day do you guys normally do your workout?
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Starting wednesday when my son starts school i will do it between 9am & noon whenever my 6 month old takes his naps. Then on weekends I will do it 1st thing before everyone wakes up that way it is done for the day. Otherwise if for some reason i cant get it in Ill do it around 9pm after husband and kids are in bed. I have been hearing recently it is better to do a work out first thing in the morning before you eat. The theroy is if you havent ate, you will burn fat, where as if you have eating you will just burn up calories you have already consumed. Both of which are good, but me personally id like to burn any fat i have hanging around! :laugh:
  • leeka77
    leeka77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG! Jillian just kicked my butt :cry: ...But I got through :happy: ..... First time was tough....

My info:
    Name- Maleka
    Age- 34
    Husband&Kids- Married... 2 daughters 16 years and 3 months
    Job- office manager
    Location- Sunny South Florida
    Ever Shredded- no but looking forward to the challenge
    Goals- To get through this and not give up.....
    Starting weight I'm estimating 202 (will get accurate by next weigh in)
    Bust- 44
    Arms- R 13 L 12
    UpperWaist- 40
    LowerWaist- 44
    Hips- 45
    Thighs- R 24 L 24
    Calves- R 14 L 13
  • AngelaKaylani
    AngelaKaylani Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Shredders!!! Well I must admit that I debated to start or not... I know I know!!! But then I remembered the very fist post on this wall about wanting people to sign up that were comitted... so I didn't want to let you down!!! It was my very first shredding experience... my arms are SO out of shape... going from pushups that i barely moved to the lefting of the weights... :sad: and the jumprope... man my claves were killing me... :frown: BUT don't worry it did not scare me away I am here to stay... although I must tell you my eatting habits haven't been the greatest lately... I hope once I get this routine down I can work on my eatting. It was nice having today off because I just worked out... During the week I haven't decided what I am going to do... morning? i am NOT a morning person :grumble: maybe at night??? I will have to figure it out. ok enough rambling

Bust- 41
    Arms- R-13 L-12.5
    UpperWaist- 38
    LowerWaist- 43.5
    Hips- 45
    Thighs- R-23.5 L-23
    Calves- R-14.5 L-14.5

Height- 5'7 and 1/2 :laugh:
    Start Weight- 180.8 :cry:
    9/9 Weight-
    L2 9/15 Weight-
    9/19 Weight-
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
  • AngelaKaylani
    Options
    me and those smiley faces just too cute not to use!!!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just finished day one, yay! I wish I could do this in the morning. However, between work and my son, that would require me being up between 4 and 430 and I was exhausted when I was doing that before. So night time it is for me! :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    FYI for anyone who DOES NOT have a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) most people use the Circuit Training general exercise for the Jillian Michaels DVD. For me it's almost DEAD ON for the calories burned in the 27-28 minutes I'm working out to the DVD.
  • eab12191
    Options
    Finished day 1! It kicked my bum. I took a pic after I wiped all the sweat off my face. Gonna compare it with day 30, but wanted to share with ya'll too.

Guess I don't know how to load pics. lol
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    L1D1 Done!!!!!!

I had forgotten what a butt kicking it is... i actually burned more cals per HRM then circuit training said lol and that never happens! It was only by a couple but still!!! :laugh:

Thank you so much to those of you who wanted to skip today but didnt. I really only want a group of committed people. And being sore is no excuse to skip. Trust me, you will be sore but you push through and believe it or not, it helps!!!!

30 days straight ladies, no going back now!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Okay I finished day 1! My DVD player is NOT working :( Boo to that. So I just popped the DVD in my laptop and propped it up on the couch and did it that way. Ya do what ya gotta do. So I'm late on this part but here goes:

Name- Sara

Age- 26

Husband: Drew, married for 5 years. Kids: Wesley, just turned 2 in August, and Caroline will be 3 months on 9/15.

Job- Stay at home Mom

Location- Virginia.

Ever Shredded- Started before and then stopped when the DVD player stopped working, and didn't even think to use the laptop then!

Goals- Ultimately I would like to get down to 130, but first I want to get down to 155.

Bust- 43 (I'm nursing too)
    Arms- R-15.5 L-15.5
    UpperWaist- 34
    LowerWaist- 44
    Hips- 46.5
    Thighs- R-30.5 L-30
    Calves- R-18 L-18

Height- 5'3
    Start Weight- 194
    9/9 Weight-
    L2 9/15 Weight-
    9/19 Weight-
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    just done L1D2, doin ok with it, no aches or pains,
    now just to get my eating under control
  • laurad1406
    Options
    good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

I'll be doing my shred when i get home from work tonight. I have to retake my measurements, so I'll post those this evening as well!
  • AngelaKaylani
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! I am so glad everyone finished day 1... now time for day 2!!! I enjoy reading all of your post and getting to know you gals. Great idea for us to do the little bit of info. I feel good today not sore, although when i touch my biceps I can feel a little bet of soreness!! I am at work now but I think I found a time that works... right after work at 430... Once I get Jayden from daycare we have some down time before I start dinner and Mat gets home... yep, I think that sounds like a great idea!! Have a great day ladies. I am sure I'll post again before the work day is up! I am addicted!! :bigsmile:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am one day behind but I will start 30DS today, I am sooo excited as I continue to hear great reviews from sooo many people. I will post later how day 1 goes :)
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    SOOO glad you found us Mimi, I will double-ly love having 2 challenges with you!!
  • kabatoff
    Options
    I'm in.. I did Day 1 yesterday... tough but felt good.. I am going to do my measurements tonight..

Janet
  • eab12191
    Options
    How does everyone feel today? I'm a little sore (mostly legs). Also, anyone who can't do the regular push ups? I can do around 3 total then switch to modified.