Labor Day Shredders!

Options

Replies

• tiggerfan
    Options
    How does everyone feel today? I'm a little sore (mostly legs). Also, anyone who can't do the regular push ups? I can do around 3 total then switch to modified.

I can do bout 8 the 1st time round, then do the modified ones,
    2nd time round, arms are hurting, so do the modified ones
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The weather was horrible here this weekend so I didn't get to get the DVD but I'm going this afternoon to get it. I will try to catch up and maybe do 1 and 2 today... I'm excited...
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Uh-Oh...

Lol, I started on the 1st so I did day 6 today. I wish I would have done measurements sooner ( still haven't done them) Cause I can already tell a difference in my clothes.
  • AngelaKaylani
    AngelaKaylani Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am so embarrassed about my push-ups... i have such weak arms it is bad... :blushing: I did the modified and was still only able to go down an inch... :laugh: Please tell me I will get better with time!!!
  • WinnieX
    Options
    Im on day 2 here in the UK now, took my measurements yesterday but not had a chance to log in on my computer so will post them tomorrow! VV sore its harder than I remember!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone who can't do the regular push ups? I can do around 3 total then switch to modified.

I am stuck with the modified as I have a fully dislocatable shoulder and it will pop out if I try the regular ones. The modified hurt it too, but not as much! Do what you can do and keep up, you will still burn a lot of calories and get a really good workout.

For those of you who are sore I HIGHLY suggest Advil or anothe NSAID. I take it every 4 to 6 hours when I feel the muscle strain. It helps me get over it a lot quicker!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    L1D2 Done... Man am I sore!!! I cant beleive that I have completed this thing twice in the last 6 months and it i still kicking my butt this bad! wow!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    I agree about the advil! I have Bursitis in one knee and arthritis in my hips, Im a mess at 25! :laugh: But I wont make that an excuse. To those of you who are starting a day or 2 late or a couple days early, that is totally fine! You can either remind/warn us to whats ahead, or be prepared as we warn you! :laugh: Make sure everyone is getting in all their water, that too helps with sore muscles I hear!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well Krystyn I decided to join you on here too! I guess we will be Labor Day Shredded Mummies...LOL! I will be doing the program every day but the bad thing is that at the end of this month I might be going to Vegas so I will miss the last 4 days and have to do them when I get back. Unless I just do it while I am gone??? Maybe? The thing I wanted to ask is what size weights are you using. I have 3's and 5's and I started last night with the 3's but don't know if I should be using the heavier weights. Maybe since this is my first round I will use the 3's and work up to the 5's? Thanks for the invite!!

Tracy
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Tracy, Im kind of pathetic, and even though this is my 3rd round of the shred, I still use my 2lb weights! :laugh: However, I can now do a few real push ups so my arm strenghth is building. If I were you to get your 4 days in before you leave, maybe double up on level 1 twice and double up on level 2 and 3 once that way you get in 4 extra days and can weigh in before you leave. Vegas may definitly derail your results... it would for me!! :laugh: Any how glad to have you! Miami-Mimi is also doing both challenges, glad to have some of my Mummies shred with me!!
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What other challenge are you doing? My husband just got home from work a little bit ago. We are gonna cook dinner soon and I will do the shred after the baby goes down around 7pm. Sore but excited! I think I needed a group like this for support to stick with it! I need to lose this muffin top! :D
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    I wanna join.... i started the shred today and thought i would search for a group on here.. ;-) hope i'm not too late....

Bust: 49"
    Arms: L-13.5", R-13.5"
    Upper Waist: 49.5"
    Lower Waist: 54"
    Hips: 54"
    Thighs: L-25.5", R-25.5"
    Calves: L19", R 19.5"

(these are all in inches)

START Weight: 277lbs.

about me:
    Name- Reneda

Age- 33

Husband & Kids- Steve, my husband who is 5 yrs older and my daughter, Allyson who is 7.

Job- Accountant

Location- Charleston, WV

Ever Shredded- Just cabbage, cheese & lettuce.. lol ;-)

Goals- to be 265 by the end of the month...
  • KristynStephens15
    Options

Ever Shredded- Just cabbage, cheese & lettuce.. lol ;-)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That cracked me up lol Glad to have you join us!!!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Erica, the other group a few of us are in is a Mommy Challenge group.
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Okay I have fallen off lately and although I am one day behind I am starting today! I will check back after work!
    Becca
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Becca! great! I have missed you!!!
  • leeka77
    leeka77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OK! Still a little sore from day 1..but pushed through day 2....the jumping jacks really get me....
  • kabatoff
    Options
    Okay I am in. I did Day 1 last night and I am feeling it today!
    I just took my measurements..

Here they are

Bust- 34
    Arms- R-11 L-11
    UpperWaist- 29.5
    LowerWaist- 36
    Hips- 39
    Thighs- R-22.5 L-22
    Calves- R-14 L-14

Height- 5'4
    Start Weight- 135.8
    9/9 Weight-
    L2 9/15 Weight-
    9/19 Weight-
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-

My goal is 10 pounds ... anything extra is a bonus!

I am excited. I sure hope I keep with it, and see results!

Good luck everyone!

Janet
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Kristyn - good idea about the doubles. I have a feeling that Vegas might derail me. Only going to be there for the weekend and have never been there before so there will be TONS to see. It is going to be a girls weekend so I can't wait! I think I will give the doubles a shot. I still have to take measurements but my starting weight as of this morning was 151. I will post measurement, hopefully tomorrow and take pix.

It will be great getting to know all of you!

Got day 2 in when I got home from work this evening. I am starting to love this workout!:heart:

Tracy
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to log it in your exercises?