P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Day 1 in the bag!

Certainly feeling stronger this week. I'm sure I did more reps than last week (although I can't check as I'm only logging on my worksheet from today). Even got all the way through Ab Ripper without stopping (although still can't get near to 25 reps on every movement).

Still struggling on pullups... 2 unassisted right at the start, all others were chair assists.

Bring on Plyo tomorrow! :)
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Ha-Drew your video is freaking inspiring!!!!!!!!

Don't miss it people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqArw5Xeah4

Seconded! Awesome results video dude!

I've got a couple of vids up of my progress when I dropped 32lbs and reached my goal weight. Not nearly as amazing as yours but hey ho. Give them a look:

Short version (62 days timelapsed to 25 seconds)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiiUYL_v-CU

Longer version (62 days in 1:48)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQNQ4k19GuM&feature=related

I'm still taking the pictures every day so there'll be a P90x timelapse special on Youtube in 90 days time! :)
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job Jay! I never get to 25 either, especially when I'm sore from the day before. We will get there!

Lisa, I did rest for week one but I plan on doing the stretch this week. I want to see what it's all about.

Welcome sweetness, good luck!
  • hockeydad40
    hockeydad40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    is anyone using their android phone to track their progress? If so which app
  • Bein_D
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS QUOTE YOU HAVE CREATED!!!! VERY CUTE, i WILL WRITE IT ON MY BATHROOM MIRROR AS A CURRENT REMINDER!! THANKS!
  • lanaholt
    Options
    I'm in I just started P90X this week in preparation for P90X2 around Christmas.
  • Bein_D
    Options
    "Losing weigh is like a roller coaster ride. You have to stay on for the highs and the lows. If you try to jump off before the ride is over you could be killing yourself." - ShrinkingNinja

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS QUOTE YOU HAVE CREATED!!!! VERY CUTE, i WILL WRITE IT ON MY BATHROOM MIRROR AS A CURRENT REMINDER!! THANKS!

I have been using the old P90, and haven't done it everyday,.. but this must be fate as it is the 6th and I have my video in hand "as we speak". I suppose today will now be offical Day1. :o)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daughter and I completed Day 1 of Core Synergistics.
    It sure did kick our butts! Looks like we have quite a workout ahead of us.

Does anyone know what the calories-burned are for each video?
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good job y'all on getting your workout in for today- as for me, I am about to press play in five minutes. I did started yesterday and finished Chest and Back and today, it is Plyo for me :)

Keep it up!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yikes - drank a few tonight at our company AGM. going have to do plyo in the evening so I can bring it - though morning will make it more of a punishment. Gotta bring it - can't wait!!
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WTF? Just finished my first P90x workout (doing lean program). I'm beat. Good workout. Can't wait until tomorrow. What a challenge.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    To everyone who pushed play today... WAY TO BRING IT!

Jaybone.... Awesome results bud, You have REALLY brought it over the last year. I can't wait to see your day 90 results. Keep it up man!

Jrnygrl... When I started p90x (1/2/11) I was given a coach. This person really didn't do anything for me. I bet there are some AWESOME coaches out there, but it IS a business after all.

Mizzladylisa... In the program, it says that you should have one rest day per week. While you are supposed to do that, I am sure that I won't be doing that. I will be bringing it every day for the next 89 days! I say listen to your body. If you are beat up from head to toe after day 6, take a break. It's definitely ok to do that.

To ALL of the newbies... Welcome. Let us know how you are doing!

Sassy... I can't wait to hear about when you decide to do plyo! Bring it either way! :0

ocrunner.... Let us know when you are feeling better and hop back on board. We will miss ya!

Gnite yall..
    Drew
  • mwgirl78
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Starting my program tomorrow. My guests are leaving early so I will start tomorrow. I am ready to bring it!!!

I'll be doing the lean program.

Hoo-ah!!

MWGirl
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone who started today! And anyone who plans to start soon, I'm excited for you!

I did Back and Biceps today, finally figured out how to do the modified pull ups with a chair. omg PULL UPS ARE HARD!
    i'm already super sore from Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and i'm sure i'll be feeling sore from Back and Biceps tomorrow. Overall though, i brought it, and it was amazing!

NSV- used my 8 pound weights for the first time, and used them on every bicep workout except for 2 :) yeeeee!

Keep up the hard work everybody!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    aspeakman82 great job taking before shots and on your loss so far!!! I still need to take my before shots DON"T FORGET everyone!

You look FABULOUS for your befores. I'll be half excited to look half as good as you do for my end results. lol. :)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. I freakin' hate Tony Horton. HATE! I'm beat. Plyo tomorrow.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    :laugh: We have a love hate relationship! Week 2 Day 2 here, ready for cardio. This week will definately be way better since I am not so sore.
  • lmp176
    Options
    Week 2 Plyo in the books... I cuss at Tony through most of the workout but I now love Plyo X. I don't keep up with "the kids" on all of the moves, but I will be in a few weeks. I may do a 2nd round of Plyo on my rest day if I feel good on Sunday.

GoleanWendy - I have did most of the the modified moves to help my knees. Still got some crazy burning in my legs though. Plus I have a good mat and very supportive shoes and shoe inserts. I figured my knees would be bothering me today. Surprisingly they are not.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
    Lisa
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Man, I hate Plyo, I really do - but I love it really ;)

Any tips on how to avoid getting winded and having to skip the last 15 minutes with a stitch?