P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• clintonsears
    clintonsears Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW...y'all are so supportive and motivated...it's impressive!

Day 1 for me was today--I did shoulders and biceps (not as bad as I expected) followed by ab ripper (SUPER hard, but I did my best).

Now that the first day is done nothing can hold me back.

I do have a question though--I have to go to San Francisco for work this Sunday-Wednesday...and I obviously can't bring weights with me. While there might be some at the hotel, I can't count on it. What alternative workout can I do? I assume you don't need weights for the yoga (I'll find out tomorrow), but are there others that are easy to do while traveling?

AND--how are you tracking the calories burned on mfp? I have no idea how many calories I burned, but it sure felt like a hell of a lot!

Thanks!!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey all - doing plyo tonight - killer this morning just walking the dog haha - thinking I might laptop it out at the park to change it up a bit!

Clinton... Resistance bands are great for when you're on the roa - they fit anywhere and are as intense as weights (if you use the right bands). No weights for yoga so no worries there. Bring it - and as Tony says "do your bet an forget the rest".
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Clinton - I read on another site that the calories burned are roughly 480 per dvd. I just chose "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" from the exercise list on here and used that one to track it.
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I worked late last night so I missed yesterday's (Week 2, Day 2, P90X Lean) Cardio X workout. I got up and did it this morning. I'm totally convinced that there is another workout that will be better for me, possibly in less the time. So, I've made the decision to sub an Insanity vid for Cardio X and will do P90X Plyo this week instead of Yoga X (which I absolutely loathe!).

Anyone else had any luck with subbing for these? If so, which Insanity video would you recommend? I'll probably go back to Cardio X and Yoga X for recovery weeks, just not during the 3 "work" weeks.

Thanks for reading and commenting (if you do :wink: )
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey all, great job BRINGING IT!!!

I completed Day 10, Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X today, and I feel GREAT! Improved on several of my numbers from last week, dropped buckets of sweat, and felt the burn!

Tomorrow morning is Yoga X for me, and I'm looking forward to getting stretched out.

Hope everyone has an awesome day, and kicks some P90X butt!!!

-Mike
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    clinton - wear a heartrate monitor. Then you'll know how many calories you burn. You might be surprised. I have quite a bit to lose so I know my body will burn more calories than someone with less to lose. But I burn between 700 - 1000cals depending on the workout.

I'm on day three of week two. Shoulders and Arms and ABX today.
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all in spirit, for those of you who don't know, I pulled a muscle in my lower back yesterday morning at breakfast time, I thought....OH NO!!! I have a history of lower back injury from 2003. I've been running since 10/1/2010 and have been able to keep my body in good form as not to put pressure on it. This is day two and looks like it needs a bit a care. I'm putting tiger balm and ice and hoping to do some water therapy today to see if it will help. I am so inspired by all of you and your post!!! Looking to join in when I can, but in the mean time, Best to all of YOU!!! Peace, :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Hey all, great job BRINGING IT!!!

I completed Day 10, Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X today, and I feel GREAT! Improved on several of my numbers from last week, dropped buckets of sweat, and felt the burn!

Tomorrow morning is Yoga X for me, and I'm looking forward to getting stretched out.

Hope everyone has an awesome day, and kicks some P90X butt!!!

-Mike
    Nice job Mike, looks like you are engaged!! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • mwgirl78
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Finished my day 1 of my lean p90x program. I feel pretty good. I struggled with my Ab Ripper exercises, but I imagine I will be able to do more reps as I progress through the program.

How are you logging your workouts on MFP?
  • mwgirl78
    Options
    How do you use a heart rate monitor to calculate the number of calories burned? I have a heart rate monitor, but have never used it to track how many calories I burned.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Ha-Drew your video is freaking inspiring!!!!!!!!

Don't miss it people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqArw5Xeah4

I saw this, very inspiring and shows results, a Must See!! Great job Drew :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    To everyone who pushed play today... WAY TO BRING IT!

Jaybone.... Awesome results bud, You have REALLY brought it over the last year. I can't wait to see your day 90 results. Keep it up man!

Jrnygrl... When I started p90x (1/2/11) I was given a coach. This person really didn't do anything for me. I bet there are some AWESOME coaches out there, but it IS a business after all.

Mizzladylisa... In the program, it says that you should have one rest day per week. While you are supposed to do that, I am sure that I won't be doing that. I will be bringing it every day for the next 89 days! I say listen to your body. If you are beat up from head to toe after day 6, take a break. It's definitely ok to do that.

To ALL of the newbies... Welcome. Let us know how you are doing!

Sassy... I can't wait to hear about when you decide to do plyo! Bring it either way! :0

ocrunner.... Let us know when you are feeling better and hop back on board. We will miss ya!

Gnite yall..
    Drew
    thanks Drew, I am taking care of this back of mine and I will be BACK :flowerforyou:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the bag. I really really hate Plyometrics!! But in a masochistic way, I kinda love it for how much it totally kicks my *kitten*.

I did it though so it's done until next week - YAY!

Looking forward to shoulders/arms tomorrow folks.

For everyone who committed to pressing play and getting it done today - GREAT JOB! You all deserve a great big pat on the back :)

Now I'm gonna go get a shake and some dinner!
  • perceyhearts
    Options
    P90X Week 2 Day 1 !!! Chest and back tonight. I know tomorrow is going to be pretty painful. My reward for pushing play is that I get to make dinner. Chicken, Rice and Broccoli casserole mmm mmm good!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Rice and Broccoli casserole mmm mmm good!

Only if your using Campbells - corney joke but I thought it was cute.

Can't wait to finish work in 15 and get home for 5:30 or so for a wicked awesome PLYO session!!! Then it is dinner time!! Bring on the protein!!! BooM!!!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Haven't dedided on dinner yet. I am with you Cass, ready to get home to burn some calories. I have cardio tonight, one of my favs.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just watched Plyometrics. WHAT THE HELL did I sign up for? I'm scurred!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    HEYYYYYYY Yall!!!!

Day 2... PLYOMETRICS. Wowie!
    Well, This was one tough workout today... I was pretty much crapping out towards the end of the dvd, but I freaking BROUGHT IT! My legs totally felt like jello this morning... and still do! haha!

way to go everyone!

I can't wait for tomorrow... Shoulders and Arms with ARX! Welcome to the "Gun Show"! haha...

Keep checking in yall... Everyone keeping pushing play and go hard tomorrow! (or tonight if you are still yet to workout)

Hows everyone's diet going???? Anyone struggling? Anyone feeling better already?

Have a good evening yall! Life is Good!
    BOOM!
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    btw... Here is my first update video. Ill be putting up one per week! :)
    I gave a shout out to you guys... check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDB3OWyUdo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Bring it yall,
    Drew
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    HEYYYYYYY Yall!!!!

Day 2... PLYOMETRICS. Wowie!
    Well, This was one tough workout today... I was pretty much crapping out towards the end of the dvd, but I freaking BROUGHT IT! My legs totally felt like jello this morning... and still do! haha!

way to go everyone!

I can't wait for tomorrow... Shoulders and Arms with ARX! Welcome to the "Gun Show"! haha...

Keep checking in yall... Everyone keeping pushing play and go hard tomorrow! (or tonight if you are still yet to workout)

Hows everyone's diet going???? Anyone struggling? Anyone feeling better already?

Have a good evening yall! Life is Good!
    BOOM!
    Drew

I seen your video and wondering what your diet is looking like? I'm going to have to take a peek at your food log. I'm I'm taking it more protein and a decent amount of carbs (although I could do w/o a lot of them). I've ate so healthy the past couple of days I'm not even craving the bad stuff.

Edit: You don't have an open one. Nevermind. lol