Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Plyo.... How I love thee... Let me count the ways.... LOL
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    drew i love your video! great way to track your progress and keep updates :)
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good video Drew, very motivating!

All- I did Plyo yesterday and it totally kicked my butt (lets say legs, arms evrything). Will be doing Shoulders and Arms today in a bit. Good luck to everyone for this week, just remember to keep pushing PLAY!
  • tfearney
    Options
    First three days....smok'n parts I forgot I had. Today was Arms and SHoulders with a side of Ab Cruncher X. Cardio in the evening. Its painful but feels good. I'm a day ahead due to me being in Korea.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Finally got my work out in today, felt great. I really needed it since, to answer Drew's question, I really went off the diet today. I have been doing great so far but let my emotional obesity get the best of me. Cardio melted away most the calories but still a little in the negative. Ready to really bring it tomorrow to make up for it.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    After putting 5 miles on the treadmill. I also did Chest and Back. I am tired but I feel great. Tomorrow it's spinning and Plyo. Can't wait!!

Feel the pain and Bring it!!

• yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    After putting 5 miles on the treadmill. I also did Chest and Back. I am tired but I feel great. Tomorrow it's spinning and Plyo. Can't wait!!

you are my hero :)

Yoga for me today! i was definitely feeling it today since i'm still so sore from before. And ended my day with Zumba!
    feeling great and energized.

Hope everyone's workouts today went well! Get ready to go hard tomorrow! I'm bringing it with Kenpo X!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Decided that punishing myself through the morning Plyo was not as important as bringing it full force so I saved my (now favorite) workout til the evening. Though I told Tony to shove his squat jumps while I pushed them out through both rounds I came out feeling amazing that I completed the workout! - admittedly I followed along with Pam the Blam for the better part of the hour my goal was completion and being as exhausted as possible knowing I got through the WHOLE routine. You guys were my inspiration through the perspiration.

Legs are jelly like - thighs are screaming and I couldn't be more proud of myself and this awesome team we have building momentum here.

Keep it up - keep pushing play and own it!

Drew... Meal plan is a no go for me as I am staying with my parents for the week so I am making the best of their stock and am looking forward to following more closely next week. I do try to keep the calories and portions in line with the guide so hopefully all works out - I know I am!

Till tomorrow - get pumped for TONY TIME!!
  • miss_p90x
    Options
    Just completed Shoulders and Arms with Ab Ripper X- love that workout.

For GoLeanWendy- I think the Recovery drink is great from Beachbody, I have personally never tried it. Basically, you want something that is 4:1 Carb to Protein ratio for the recovery drink. My recommendation would be to have a apple with a little bit of protein :)
  • miss_p90x
    Options
    My question for everyone is how to do you avoid carbs- I tried to put a lot of protein inot my diet today which I did got today, but my Carbs amount was not too low either. Any ideas will be appreciated!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I completed day 2 today. I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought. To tell the truth, I was having night sweats just thinking about starting this program because I thought I was not ready to do this sort of intense training...lol, but to my surprise I am ready. The workouts I have done the last two days have been right up my alley in intensity. I decided to do the Lean Program since I am also training for a marathon in January. I did Cardio X this morning and then this afternoon I was able to run 3 miles without a problem. This is definitely going to improve my running.

...but tomorrow is a different DVD and I maybe changing my mind about everything I just posted :sad: ...running tomorrow maybe just a pipe dream!

Drwstown76 - Thanks for the push I needed to get me going!!

I will be posting before pics soon.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Miss 90... I only have one serving of carbs per day. Tonight it was Brown Rice with dinner.

Breakfast was a shake... Lunch was vegetable soup a one cup of strawberries... Dinner was chicken with green beans and rice.
    Snacks were a protein bar and 1/4 cup of almonds.

My best results have come when I am limiting my carb intake to one serving for the first half of the program and 2-3 servings per day during the latter half of the program.

I hope this helps...
    Keep bringin it! :)
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Roball... You keep on working this thing out! You got this... WAY TO GO!! :smile:

This is one group of BEASTS! Keep it up yall!
    Drew
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My legs feel like there going to fall off. My hamstrings are burning but it feels good. Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My legs feel like there going to fall off. My hamstrings are burning but it feels good. Thanks for the motivation!!!
    Nice job! Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone on the P90X Support "Drew" Group!!!
    I decided since I can't start physically on this program, I was going to start watching the DVD's each day until I can jump on board, that way I can mentally prepare myself self. I have never watched the DVD's they were sitting next to the DVR waiting for September 6th; this should be interesting. Happy Day 3 for most of you and any other day as well :flowerforyou: Ciao,
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    OCRunner... Though Drew started this group I hardly think we are only here for him:laugh: . I know you are being funny but a support group is what it is for all of us. Many a time I draw my motivation from reading posts from those before me - nikki :drinker: and jay especially (not that Drew isn't fantastic - ps watched your video last night and am already excited to see next weeks!:bigsmile: ) We are all in it to win it so to speak - some so that they can have that "photoshopped" body they want, some to bring it a second time around and others it chisle it out before a wedding!! :heart: Yeah three weddings coming up:heart: !!! We should figure out our team name though shortly so that when we roll the forum we have something super awesome that only describes how dedicated we are to ourselves and our fellow P90X'ers! Besides that I hope you are feeling better soon so that you can join in the fun of feeling like jello and wanting more (thats probably the craziest part of this whole journey... feeling like your limbs are going to fall off and not wanting to wait til tomorrow to do it all over again!)

Wendy - I wish I was on the Yoga day I would so have joined the party - this morning it was what I really needed, a great stretch and some mind clearing! Plyo was intense and my thighs hate me for all the squat jumps!! I would love to help guide you with the HRM but I have no clue how many calories the yoga burns. I sweat like its going out of style when I do yoga not to mention shake like a leaf in a fricken hurricane haha so I think it would be higher but we are all built differently so I would log what your HRM says for now - if you find out it is out of whack then get a new one and give yourself a pat on the back because you have blazzed through more calories than you thought!

Day 3 – Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X tonight and am already excited!! After working my legs to death I could use some arm focus! Let's hear how day three goes from our frequent writers and let's see if we can't get some of the other committers to comment on how they are feeling - DAY 3!!! BOOM:explode:
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yoga X DONE. 92 minutes of tortu--, I mean pleasure. :wink:

Actually it felt really good to stretch out, but those right angle poses and half moon or whatever he calls them are really tough for me. Gotta keep working on my flexibility!!! I tried to really focus on my breathing this time, and I think it helped me stay stronger through the whole 90 minutes.

On a side note, I am not ready to even attempt crane yet, but I WILL get there.

Hope everyone is BRINGING IT today!!!

-Mike
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Motivation...

"To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relation to YOURSELF, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your freinds in the eye and know that you didn't let them down. Because you told them the truth. And that truth is that you did everything that you could. There wasn't one more thing you could have done. Can you live in that moment? As best as you can with clear eyes and love in your heart. With JOY in your heart... If you can do that gentlemen (and ladies)... Then YOU are perfect!"

I believe yall... make it a great day! (watch this video if you have a chance)

Drew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xLYt265ZM&feature=fvwp&NR=1
  • perceyhearts
    Options
    Yesterday was Chest and Back. + Ab Ripper X. Thought this was a crazy calorie burner because 1. I dont have AC in my room. 2. it was freaking hot outside. I ended up burning only 300 calories. BUT on a positive note.. I found my new love for Dive bombers!! Well today is Week 2 Day 2 Plyo.. also im working out with a friend later tonight TurboFire 45. lets burn some calories! =] ps. dinner was awesome lastnight.