P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You got this in the bag Drew! Good luck! It's almost quitting time, and then it's work out time!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Some one is giving me there P90X stuff I cant wait to start I didnt know there was dieting also hopefully I will be able to do it
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Just finished Core Synergistics! What a workout! Love it - couldn't keep up with the push-ups *and there were a tun of them* but loving the burn!

SO revved up for the 6th!
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Completed Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper X. Boy, am I pooped! I love, love, love this workout. I love working shoulders. I burned a LOT of calories, left a pool of sweat on the floor and will probably need help getting my shirt off and washing my hair!

Oh, I'm down about 1.5 to 2 pounds since starting the P90X Lean program. I did miss a snack (so far) today, but will probably eat those calories this evening! Three down, 87 to go! :wink:
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Count me in too :)
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP, I just came across this post I can't believe how many people have commented on it. My husband and I are going to start in Oct. we want to run outside as long as we can. We did P90X about 1 year ago for 4 months. Then it just sat there. But after my husband had his last physical and his triglyceride level was over 400 the fire was lit again. So far he's lost over 70 lbs in 4 months, I've lost 36 lbs. We have been working out 6-7 days a week, 3 with weights and 3-4 with cardio. I have been doing some of the workouts when I can't run. I do plyo once a week. Yoga is the hardest one. I have never done the diet... I just couldn't follow it and my husband will not eat like that. I would love to join in on this just for the motivation and tips and to hear how others are doing. P90X is amazing and I'd like to have contact with others who are using it.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    JME... Way to go - keep up te great work!! Half way to your day of rest (otherwise known as Stretch-X). Keep up the awesome work and let us know how the arms are feeling tomorrow!!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How do I join this???
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    How do I join this???

Just participate in the thread, post updates when you do workouts, and encourage the rest of us when we need it!

Welcome!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: JME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! You are rocking this thing out already! Gonna hit that goal weight in no time...

Im gonna have to stop reading this thread before bed time... Im getting too fired up! haha!
    talk to yall tomorrow... keep pushing play!
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Mike!!! hahahahaha@ the crane! I love trying that one... and I love watching others try it too!

To all of our new teammates, WELCOME! Thank you for chiming in! Let us know how you are doing and how we can help you achieve your goals! Bring it!

Gnite yall,
    Drew
  • Hello everyone!!!

So excited to start on the 6th, I read through some of the group and I guess some people already started which is awesome I can't wait! I had a question though, I have already tried all the workouts for the lean schedule and I loved most of them except Cardio X, I just don't find I get as much from it ...could I/should I switch this one with plyometrics??
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OOHH OOOHH PICK ME! PICK ME! I need some fire under my *kitten*! I am counting on you to hold me accountable!"no crispy cremes in the house!"
  • cevr
    cevr Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I have started(tried to) it maybe 3 times but something always comes up during week two or three and just quit because I'm not sure of how to get back on track after missing a couple of days...glad I found this post, looking forward to it...
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I have started(tried to) it maybe 3 times but something always comes up during week two or three and just quit because I'm not sure of how to get back on track after missing a couple of days...glad I found this post, looking forward to it...

A valid point! Any of our more experienced graduates want to chime in? What's the best thing to do if you miss a day? Pick up where you left off and try to catch back up? Or skip the workout you missed and carry on with the next one?
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

A valid point! Any of our more experienced graduates want to chime in? What's the best thing to do if you miss a day? Pick up where you left off and try to catch back up? Or skip the workout you missed and carry on with the next one?

I missed a day this week. I picked up that workout the next day. This weekend, I'll probably do my "Friday" workout on Saturday, my "Saturday" workout on Sunday, and stretch before bed Sunday evening.

I know there will probably be people that insist I take a day off, but that doesn't work for me. In my mind, I had that day off...on Wednesday when I missed that workout.

If I take a day off (Sunday/X Stretch day), I will become frustrated and likely won't continue because I'll know I missed a day. I've done it this way before and don't feel like I've suffered for it.

Bottom line I guess is just do what works for you. Missing one day won't kill you, but more than two missed days in any given week, it might be better to begin that week again. Just my 2 cents! :bigsmile:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Monkey... I would give Cardio-X a try during the lean program just make sure you are thinking - focus on engaging the muscles throughout the routine - the end of it with the superman bananas should wipe you out LoL

Give it a try for at least the beginning and then see in your second or third week how you are feeling with the combination of workouts - the program is designed to work you and allow you sufficient rest to bring you best EVERYDAY!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today, yoga. Can't wait! I know it's pretty difficult, but my muscles need a good stretch.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Here's another 2. I think I prefer these ones as they aren't as cumbersome in the signature.

They're the same one but with UK date format and one with USA date format so you can pick whichever you prefer.

UK:
    P90xBanner2.jpg

Here's the link (change the IMG at each end to img to post them to your sig)
    P90xBanner2.jpg

USA:
    P90xBanner3.jpg

Here's the link (change the IMG at each end to img to post them to your sig)
    P90xBanner3.jpg

That's about the limit of my banner making skills I'm afraid but if anyone can do better, throw them in! :)

Noticed a couple of us have added the banner to our signatures - nice one! :)

Any more for any more? It's a great way to tell the rest of MFP that you're digging deep and bringing it for this round of P90X!
  • BrookeIsLIFE
    Options
    Count me in! i've been wanting to start it for awhile but i wanted someone to do it with me! so yeah i will start on the 6th and check in everyday :)