P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• jackelyn14
    Options
    I wasn't able to check in with you guys yesterday cause my in-laws stopped in for the day for a surprise visit. But I got yoga in before bed last night. It was tough - but I actually love how I feel after that workout!

IMP, Nikki, and others. - I know you're right, but I really do get super nervous about eating more calories - especailly when I have weight to lose. And I agree - I have to remember to keep up LOTS of water! Thanks. Right now, I'm actually supplementing with a shake called visalus. Its completely NOT p90x related, nor does it comform to the right ratio of protien/carbs/fat (once I add almond milk) for the p90x fat shredder. But it was suggested to me simply to increase milk, and has been working great. So simply for that fact, I'm going to keep that up, and besides that shake a day, I'll try my best to follow the p90x nutrition.

Now, as for if you skip a day. The first time I did p90x, if I skipped a day I always felt like I needed to start over. Then someone told me, that once a day has come and gone, its gone, so just move on. That way, if you have the time the next day to get in both workouts then do, it not, just keep going with the schedule. That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend doing your very best not to miss any days. That way you'll get the best results, and also have a great sense of accomplishement knowing you're doing it completely! But that is just my opinion. :)

It's corny, but true... as Tony says, "Do your best, and forget the rest."

Monkey - I agree with Sassy, I would try to follow the program, even if you day is a bit easier for you, try engaging and perfecting that workout. And if anything, you'll have more to give for the next workout. :)

This is such a great group for support! I know I'll need to further in the program :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yoga-X is kicking my @$$!!!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yoga X is awesome! Apart from the big time commitment needed for it (which is a bit of a pain), it's a solid workout!

Out of all the workouts I've tried so far, I think Yoga X is the one I'm most looking forward to hitting and improving on every week.

The schedule works out quite well for me with Yoga X on a Friday. I finish work an hour and a half earlier on a Friday and just on that day I get home a good 2 hours before the Fiance (she goes to her folks for dinner on Fridays) so I can box it off, eat my dinner and be chilling in front of the TV by the time she gets home :)

I hear rumours that the Yoga section in P90x2 will be cut to around 65 minutes...
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind yoga being a little shorter, but I do like it. I always feel great afterwords and burn a lot of calories. I am ready to bring it today :happy:

Jackelyn- I know it's tough to think about eating extra calories, but you have to remember that breastfeeding soes burn calories, I am not sure how much, but you could check with you doctor.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone...:smile:

I gotta tell you guys, I am in one "testy" mood today! I don't know what my problem is... I do know this, I can't wait to take out my aggressions on Tony and the rest of the p90x grad on those videos!

I just wanted to chime in on missing workouts. Its nearly impossible to get through 3 months where something doesnt come up that you have to miss a day. My advice would be to do everything in your power not to miss a day. If its late in the evening or extra early the next morning, try to find time to get that burn in. However, if you do miss a do and its impossible to get it in late that night or the next day, its ok. Just keep moving forward with the schedule as planned. Keep in mind that you are working your butt off (literally and figuratively) to achieve your best results. YOU are putting in the time... YOU are sacrificing naughty foods and beverages. Don't beat yourself up... "Do your best and forget the rest!".

Thanks for bringing up this topic yall... :)
    Have an amazing Friday!
    4 days to go...
    Drew

p.s. My Girl is doing that weight loss competition with me.... errrrr.... against me! She better put her game face on! :explode:
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Day 5 done... Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X!

I really liked Legs & Back! It's a difficult workout, and I rocked it pretty hard!!

However, Ab Ripper totally kicked my *kitten* today. My form was not great, because I was almost out of energy and my legs were feeling HEAVY from the beating they had just taken. I know this will improve over time, and I'm looking forward to rocking it next time.

Kenpo X tomorrow!

-Mike
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see so many Xers on MFP! Good luck to all of you!

For those who are looking for a shorter Yoga routine I would highly recommend Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth yoga (separate 45-minute DVD, some might have it as a bonus in their P90X DVD set depending on when they bought the program).

Keep Pushing Play!
  • perceyhearts
    Options
    HIIIIIi! im a newbie to P90x and today is Day 5 but I have a family camping trip I must attend to this weekend! I will be back on track hopefully Monday! Kills me knowing that I have to take a whole weekend off away from p90x. =[
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options

For those who are looking for a shorter Yoga routine I would highly recommend Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth yoga (separate 45-minute DVD, some might have it as a bonus in their P90X DVD set depending on when they bought the program).

Keep Pushing Play!

Do you have a link to where we can buy it? For those of us who aren't lucky enough to have it included. I bought mine 2nd hand off eBay and it doesn't have this one. Although to be honest, I'm happy enough with the yoga x but it'd be nice to add to the set! :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    I just want to say that I CAN NOT wait to see everyone's day 90 pics!!!! Keep it up yall...

Mike... You are THE MAN!

Sassy... Core is freaking awesome!

Jaybone... I don't know what my deal is, but I can't figure out how to get to that banner!!!

TGIF Yall... To all of the Xers who haven't started yet, enjoy this weekend! Our time has come! :)
    Believe!
    Drew
  • AndreSF
    Options

Keep Pushing Play!

Do you have a link to where we can buy it? For those of us who aren't lucky enough to have it included. I bought mine 2nd hand off eBay and it doesn't have this one. Although to be honest, I'm happy enough with the yoga x but it'd be nice to add to the set! :)

You can buy it from TeamBeachBody site: http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/one-on-one-workout

It's $19.95 or something like that. Ideally, I would recommend using YogaX, but in the interest of time sometimes there is no option for a 90-minute workout...
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    HIIIIIi! im a newbie to P90x and today is Day 5 but I have a family camping trip I must attend to this weekend! I will be back on track hopefully Monday! Kills me knowing that I have to take a whole weekend off away from p90x. =[

I love hearing this from people. P90X is almost addicting
  • AndreSF
    Options

Or don't take the weekend off from P90X...:) I travel with my laptop and most of the time can squeeze workouts in most of my days on the road :) If laptop is not an option, you can workout off of P90X workout sheets for most of the resistance routines using bands instead of weights. :)
  • lmp176
    Options
    Day 4 Yoga... well I thought I was flexible until I did the yoga video. Holy smoke. But I loved it. Maybe it was just the breathing and clearning my mind after a crappy day. Goals set for next week's go round with Yoga. Legs & Back tonight with Ab Ripper and another 45 minute walk with my yellow lab, Belle. I think she was doing the "Lazy Dog" pose and probably thought I was a weirdo as she watched me struggle with yoga after our walk. Almost through week 1. Can't wait for the rest of the gang to be on board!

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone!!

Lisa
  • perceyhearts
    Options

Or don't take the weekend off from P90X...:) I travel with my laptop and most of the time can squeeze workouts in most of my days on the road :) If laptop is not an option, you can workout off of P90X workout sheets for most of the resistance routines using bands instead of weights. :)

I actually might try to do that.. in my parents RV lol. This is going to be interesting.
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Ready for yoga! Hade and aggrevating day at work, ready to blow some steam :explode: Have a great holiday weekend everybody. Goodluck to everyone that is starting on Monday, BRING IT!

Happy tracking and Xing everyone!
  • nikkif87
    Options
    Goodluck to everyone that is starting on Monday, BRING IT!

I meant Tuesday :blushing:
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga X tonight after work and hated it as much as I remembered. I just can't get into it. I don't enjoy this video at all. I don't find it relaxing. It doesn't clear my mind. I burn very few calories. I sweat, but I don't feel like I've gotten a "workout" in at all. Ugh! I really don't like this video at all.

The only thing that made it mildly tolerable in the past was when I'd look to my side and my trusty beagle, Ilsa, seemed to be trying to do some of the poses. If I was on my back, so was she. If I was doing upward dog, she was trying to do it too...or so it seemed. :wink: I really miss her.

Anyway, I did it, but I didn't like it. At least it's only one day a week!
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Going to enjoy the weekend before 90 days of hell to satisfaction start :happy: See you on Tuesday Mr. Horton.
  • nikkif87
    Options
    I had Yoga tonight too and normally I get really into it, but not tonight. My quads hurt so bad I could hardly do some of the moves. Still got a pretty good workout though. Next week will be better.