Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are we back to daily (or bi or tri-daily) stats now? I know I am not on the list for updated numbers but I've had a hard time remembering the challenges throughout the week and my progress with them so if we are back to often updates, that'll really help me! and I'm going to start putting them on my daily to-do lists as a reminder. Do we have a blog for reference too?

And I'm sorry to be a bother, but can someone remind me how we were tracking the nutrition challenge this week? I know 10 lunges = 1 point, and I unfortunately have one for the week, but I haven't tallied my nutrition points yet. And I'm down to 116.8 (down .6 from last week)! I believe I was at 122 when I first joined as a Hufflepuff?

Oh, and I FINALLY got my pottermore email last night... and was sorted into Gryffindor :(
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Are we back to daily (or bi or tri-daily) stats now? I know I am not on the list for updated numbers but I've had a hard time remembering the challenges throughout the week and my progress with them so if we are back to often updates, that'll really help me! and I'm going to start putting them on my daily to-do lists as a reminder. Do we have a blog for reference too?

And I'm sorry to be a bother, but can someone remind me how we were tracking the nutrition challenge this week? I know 10 lunges = 1 point, and I unfortunately have one for the week, but I haven't tallied my nutrition points yet. And I'm down to 116.8 (down .6 from last week)! I believe I was at 122 when I first joined as a Hufflepuff?

Oh, and I FINALLY got my pottermore email last night... and was sorted into Gryffindor :(

Hello! I will definitely get you added to the chart. We are back to daily check ins if that is helpful for you. Some people check in everyday and some check in every coupe days or so. Last week challenge for nutrition was below sodium and 8 glasses of water. If you did that you get 5 NEWTs per day and for the exercise challenge you got 1 OWL for each set of 10 lunge.
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is my first time to actually respond to challenges, so I'll need to be added to the list if I'm not!

This week's stats:
    Weight (as of this morning)- 180.6

NEWTS- 5 (oops... sodium is harder than I thought)
    OWLS- 2
    House points- 144

This week's challenge definitely seems like something I could manage :)
  • momie0205
    Options
    I had a bad day today. I normally don't go over my sodium but I did today. I only exercised for 20 min today. Yesterday I had 31 exercise points and I was under sodium but over my water. That is something I really strive to do. I typically only drink water. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. I had a pretty good day. I didn't get much sleep last night my hubby snored and my son ket calling out between me and my hubby I am the only one that hears him at night.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hi guys! I hope you've had and are having a good weekend. Here are my stats for the week. I've seen that the way forward is going back to posting daily, that's fine! I can't always guarantee everyday, so it may be every few days :)

My weekly results are -

OWLs - 2
    NEWTs - 21
    House Points - 365
    Weight loss - 2lbs

My original start weight was 175 and I'm now sitting at 168, so a weight loss of 7lbs there :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I've been MIA lately, crazy busy! I will update my info for myself from 9/19 trough to today, tomorrow morning if that's ok!
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Alright, Saturday's stats:

OWLS 0
    Newts 3 (kept under sodium but slept until noon and didn't get enough water in. That's very rare for me)
    HP 40
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Hello Hufflepuff's! I just got caught up on the numbers for this week. Remember if you haven't check in especially with your weight and house points I can't count you for our weigh in and the Inter-House Challenge! Tomorrow is the last day to check in so please don't forget :-). I am happy to report that we have regained a few members. It was hard for me to judge who was still participating based on the last couple of weeks of posts, but I am so happy to welcome back anyone who wants jump back in!
  • heathally
    Options
    Sunday's stats
    Owls 5
    Newts 5
    HP 40

lhurtubise...you're doing a great job! I don't envy you all that work. There is no way I could keep up with this much information. Thanks for all you're doing!!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    Weigh In- 192.6 (Down 2 lbs this week)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ok so I hope I get everything right, if not let me know!! And Im very sorry to dump a whole week on you at once! I think the food challenge was sodium?
    Weigh-in: 217.8lb

9/19
    Sodium: 0
    Water: 8cups
    Lunges:30
    Exercise:44mins

9/20
    Sodium& water: 5NEWTS
    Exercise:50mins

9/21
    Sodium:0
    Exercise:62mins

9/22
    Water: 9cups
    Lunges:0
    Exercise:0mins

9/23
    Exercise:10mins

9/24
    Exercise:20mins

9/25
    Exercise:21mins

Apparently I am TERRIBLE with sodium :x
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    here are my totals 9/22 to 9/25
    Newts: 5
    Owls: 8
    House Points: 126
    weight in 296.6lbs

can someone send me a link for the badges? i don't know what happened to my hufflepuff shield.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    25/9

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 5
    House Points - 0
    Weight - 168

26/9

OWLs - 5
    NEWTs - 5
    House Points - 45
    Weight - 168

Best of luck to everyone with the challenges that have been set this week. I'll be working extra hard this week on both challenges as I wasn't able to put in 100% last week and I feel I let the team down, so I'll be putting in the hard work this week!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Forgot to say, I've dropped a dress size! Woo!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This week's numbers so far

OWLs - 5
    NEWTs - 10
    House Points - 30
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Forgot to say, I've dropped a dress size! Woo!

This is awesome! Congrats!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Ok Hufflepuff's I must say I am so incredibly proud of you it is ridiculous! We had an amazing team effort this week. In addition to the weekly chart I will also be awarding 3 weekly awards. I had no intentions of doing this before, but once I looked at the amazing results this week I knew I had to do something to reward all of the hard work. I really appreciate the effort put in for our team!

First of all the chart ...

Hufflepuffweek3-1.png

The first award that I was inspired to give out is the MVP award. This week that award goes to Bumflapassassin for her unbelievable contribution to the team's house points and to her amazing effort with the exercise challenge. She earned 115 OWLs and 1,003 House Points for our team! I think she is definitely worthy of the MVP award! Thank you for the inspiration to even give out awards! I made you a little award ... It's not much. Please use it in your signature if you want if not no worries.

Bumflaweek3-1.png

The code for your award if you want it in your signature is Bumflaweek3-1.png You need to change the uppercase IMG to a lowercase img in order for it to work.

The second award is for the most pounds lost this week. Congratulations to Danizaga for loosing an amazing 5lbs this week! Your dedication and hard work are really paying off! You have definitely inspired me to make sure I make great food choices and exercise so I can continue to see the results. Here is your award ...

Danizagaweek3-1.png

The code for your award if you want it in you signature is Danizagaweek3-1.png] You need to change the uppercase IMG to a lowercase img in order for it to work.

The third and final award is for the highest percentage of weight loss this week. This award goes to Molly_Louise! The closer you are to goal weight the harder it is to drop those big numbers, but the percentage loss is just as big as the pounds loss. I am so proud of you dropping a dress size and loosing the highest percentage of weight this week. These are amazing accomplishments that you should really be proud of! Here is your award ...

Molly_Louiseweek3-1.png

The code for your award if you want it in your signature is Molly_Louiseweek3-1.png You need to change the uppercase IMG to a lowercase IMG for it to work.

Congratulations to all of the award winners this week! We are all winners because we stuck with this journey to a healthier lifestyle.

* Also in the contest for Prefects in October the competition will end Wednesday the 28th. All of your OWLs and NEWTs will go towards the next month's selection. Please post your current OWLs and NEWTs for this week by the end of Wednesday. Thank you so much!
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I worked out for 30 min today (burned 224 calories on the elliptical! yay!) AND drank all my water!

and I've been trying to figure out how to view all the totals for my last week to see if I was under my sodium, since I know they show you that when you hit "complete entry" on the app, but trying to find all of that information afterwards is really hard?
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    I worked out for 30 min today (burned 224 calories on the elliptical! yay!) AND drank all my water!

and I've been trying to figure out how to view all the totals for my last week to see if I was under my sodium, since I know they show you that when you hit "complete entry" on the app, but trying to find all of that information afterwards is really hard?

I am not sure about this, but if you get on the website it's very easy to click the calender under track food and look at your previous days.
  • heathally
    Options

Try doing a nutrition report. It doesn't tell you the goal, but it will give you a day by day comparison. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but thought I'd mention it.

Planned on running tonight after class when a friend called asking if I wanted to go to Starbuck. I agreed, but then he agreed to go walking with me so I worked out for 60 minutes (4 miles an hour is fast for my short little legs!) and drank 10 cups of water.