Hufflepuff Common Room

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    It is so hot here in England, it's actually unbearable!

Don't complain molly louise, it's been brilliant! I wouldn't be sorry if it never snowed again!

my numbers for the week so far are:

newts - 25
    owls - 40
    house points - 206

How does everyone feel about a dance-related challenge? I was thinking along the lines of earning owls for doing so many minutes of dancing of your own choice each day. Either that or I thought we could do some sets of "squirms" or something. I thought the dancing might be fun though :happy:

What are squirms?
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    My stats from my 9/29 post are the same, but the house points need to be changed to 45 :)
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Instruction for the squirm can be found here about 1/3 down the page but for ease, i'm pasting the text below as well http://pfitzinger.com/cc.shtml

THE SQUIRM
    TECHNIQUE
    Start in the basic crunch position with arms outstretched by your sides
    Raise the shoulders and upper back off the ground
    While holding this elevated position, slowly reach down as far as possible to one side as if trying to touch your ankle
    Return to the start position and repeat for the other side
    Do not allow the shoulders to lower back to the floor between repetitions
    Keep your neck straight with your eyes fixed on the ceiling at all times
    STRUCTURE
    Aim to perform the exercise slowly with as large a range of motion as possible (reach down as far as able). Perform 16-20 repetitions (8-10 per side) per set.

they're to work the sides and get shape in the torso i think
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    THAT'S WHAT THOSE ARE CALLED!! THE SQUIRM who knew!! beautiful baby! i want one!

9/28
    Newts: 5
    Owls:0
    House Points: 0

9/29
    Newts: 5
    Owls: 24 (146/30 = 4.8 x5= 24)?? Is that right?
    House Points: 146

Molly_Louise- I love reading trashy historical trashy romances about the regency period! OMG I can’t help it I especially love all the colonial romances I have no idea why. I'm all the way in California
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    9/29 stats

Exercise minutes --- 111
    All my water

Congrats to the new Prefects!!
  • Weighing in at 170.00 today I am down 3.6 pounds from last week. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday my hubby and I were fighting. I did get all my water in for the day and some. I am happy to be a prefect but have no idea what to choose for the food challenege at all.
  • I am open to suggestions on the food challenge! I am excited I get to be a prefect!!
  • Jenn_W
    Weighing in at 170.00 today I am down 3.6 pounds from last week. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday my hubby and I were fighting. I did get all my water in for the day and some. I am happy to be a prefect but have no idea what to choose for the food challenege at all.

Congrats!! You weigh less than me!! I am checking in tomorrow! (Maybe we will be tied!!) Great Job Lady!!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    i wish i had a better suggestion than try to eat at least 3 servings of fruits or veggies. i think we had this challenge already but it was really difficult for me.
  • i wish i had a better suggestion than try to eat at least 3 servings of fruits or veggies. i think we had this challenge already but it was really difficult for me.

Yeah it is hard because I don't want people to get bored with doing the same thing over and over again.
  • Weighing in at 170.00 today I am down 3.6 pounds from last week. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday my hubby and I were fighting. I did get all my water in for the day and some. I am happy to be a prefect but have no idea what to choose for the food challenege at all.

Congrats!! You weigh less than me!! I am checking in tomorrow! (Maybe we will be tied!!) Great Job Lady!!

Thanks I was really shocked I stepped on the scale like 10 times lol. I am so excited even my skinny jeans are turning into my too big jeans. I am having a garage sale this weekend and getting rid of a few of my big girl jeans so maybe I can get some smaller jeans. I hope fingers cross we sell a lot of stuff. I will be out both saturday and sunday trying to make some money. Two of my kids birthdays are coming up so they need cake and presents!!!! Sorry to go so far off topic.
  • 30/09

OWLs - 10
    NEWTs - 5 - I've had 14 glasses of water today!
    House Points - 60
    Weight - 167

Tomorrow I should do a fair bit of walking so I'm looking forward to seeing how many house points I manage to rack up!
  • lhurtubise
    I am open to suggestions on the food challenge! I am excited I get to be a prefect!!

Well let's see maybe we could do a try a new healthy each day ... Just a suggestion!
  • bumflapassassin
    more numbers (totals for the week so far):

newts - 30
    owls - 50
    house points - 281

I quite liked the challenge to eat at least 3 veggies daily - for a week there I was eating pretty well so I'd welcome another of those. I also like the water challenges like this week and the first one.

So far no one has said if they'd be up for a dance challenge. I also thought skipping might be fun - please say if you have a preference or better suggestion, I don't want to be the one to set a challenge everyone else thinks is crud :flowerforyou:
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Stats for 9/30

OWLS- 0... oops
    NEWTS- 5
    House points- still 0 :(

Weigh-in- 180.2
  • lhurtubise

newts - 30
    owls - 50
    house points - 281

I quite liked the challenge to eat at least 3 veggies daily - for a week there I was eating pretty well so I'd welcome another of those. I also like the water challenges like this week and the first one.

So far no one has said if they'd be up for a dance challenge. I also thought skipping might be fun - please say if you have a preference or better suggestion, I don't want to be the one to set a challenge everyone else thinks is crud :flowerforyou:

I vote for the squirms ... Now that I know what they are! They seem like a real challenge!
  • lhurtubise

newts - 30
    owls - 50
    house points - 281

I vote for the squirms ... Now that I know what they are! They seem like a real challenge!

Dancing is awesome also! I love to Zumba so this could be a great opportunity to get back into that!
  • bumflapassassin
    Weighed in today at 129.8. This may sound strange but can your bone structure just change in your hips? I know it can if you have a baby but I haven't done any of that and I suspect that something's changed structurally. You see I have some teeny tiny jeans that used to fit me but now I just seem too wide for them. Of course it could be that there's more of my bum than there used to be!
  • bumflapassassin
    On the subject of the food challenge I find it really hard not to eat one (or sometimes two) packets of crisps (potato chips, although we get them in smaller packets here in the UK) each day so maybe something about resisting cravings? Not sure how it would be measured though because I'm sure we all have different vices!
  • Jenn_W
    9/30

Exercise: 275 mins... I was beat last night, lots of walking, swimming with the kid, and the elliptical.
    Water: 8+ cups

Weigh-In: 169.8
    *I have broken through to the 160s now so many times but keep self-sabotaging and jumping back up to the mid-170s. I need to stay on task EVERY DAY. I guess I need to set a mini goal of under 160 by for next month... IDK I need to change something!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.