CCC (Closed Group) CORRECTED - WEEK #5

Options

Replies

• PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart monitor Saturday, I am getting obsessed over really how many calories I am burning when I work out. So yesterday we took a hike with a big hill to climb, We got in close to 7 miles and my handy heart moitor told me I burned 1531 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: Then we hit a BBQ...I was really good...I made a plate of moderate appetizers and went out side to sit away from the food. I was one of the last ones to belly up to the taco bar and just made a small taco salad. I filled in the rest of my calories with my favorite wine :drinker: I may have gone over alittle ..but with that calorie burn I am OK with that.

Today feeling lazy...need to do some jobs, clean out my car, go to the gym or something active... and get ready for the week...it's gonna be busy :ohwell:

Enjoy the day :flowerforyou:
  • PositivePower
    Options
    CW 187.0 (7lbs until I reach my CCC goal!!)

Total weightloss since starting this AWESOME group and meeting these awesome friends-- 20.3 LBS :)

I hope Jenn is ok, ANYONE hear from her? I posted on her page and no reply :(

Right on you are making it happen!!!! Stay focused and keep up the good work.!!!! Do you have any tips on what is working so well for you???

Nope haven't heard from Jenn. I hope she is doing OK
  • jackelyn14
    Options
    CW : 218.2lbs
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday, but I'm up again :( I know I'm just slacking and I really want to snap out of it and get my butt back in gear! I hope you're doing ok, Jenn and everyone else in the hurricane's path. Stay safe.

CW: 257.8
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well folks, I was thinking... does anyone need some extra motivation while Jen is still MIA. I'm sure her technical difficulties will soon be worked out, but until then... what do you guys need to get motivated on this journey.

I've purchased a zumba game for my wii and have started to get up early in the morning to do the workout every day... well on a work day.

What are you doing to stay fit? Eating your fruits and veggies? drinking your water? still keep putting that 5$/week away?
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    After 180 consecutive days on MFP, a hurricane and loss of internet finally gave me the boot from my addiction :( Sneaking on from work just to check in. Will try my best to get things up and running again as soon as possible. :heart:

Azeria - :heart: Thank you for keeping the motivation going!
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Thanks Azeria & Hi Jenn:heart::heart:

I might need a shoulder:ohwell: I will start by saying I am still in the right frame of mind, which I think is a huge part of this journey being successful.. I have been on track for over 6 weeks. Logging my food and the biggest thing cutting WAY back on my wine :drinker: I only enjoy 1-2 times per week and log it!!!!

I am exercising so hard :bigsmile: 5-6 times per week, cycling, step, run/walking,, a 7 mile hike this weekend. I had a big loss two weeks ago and gained last week. This morning I felt OK..and was so good yesterday and had good success at a BBQ over the weekend. I hopped on the scale for fun and I have gained more!!!!!:sad: :sad: :explode: :explode: :angry:

This is the point where people quit. I am not going to!!! You can't get rid of me:noway: :wink: I am going to cycling tonight and might start trying to eat only some of my exercise calories. Maybe it is my age. I hate hearing it's muscle, but it could be. I am going to take it one day at a time!

Thanks for listening:wink: Also thanks Azeria for the $5 reminder!!!! Let's make the rest of this week a great success:bigsmile:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    16 weeks till christmas!!

What's this meen for you? Are you still on track to reach your goal by then? I'm reposting jenn's math problem just to give us all some perspective as to what we gotta do.
    How much do you have left to lose ? For me it's 14 lbs.. Divide that by 16 weeks left and that's how much you need to lose each week to meet your goal. For me it's right under a lb a week.

Let's do everything we can to stay on track, I know we can do it!
  • JL3mom
    Options
    2.8 lbs per week! YIKES!!!
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Hey all, looking for something new to eat?! Try the new oven roasted chicken from subway!!! It's really good and not bad in calories it's around 430ish but of course I added lots of goodies to mine ( but still only about 500ish)

Also ive been seeing alot of post about the 30 day shred, is it any good? I haven't really been an active person the past few years so I don't wana get in over my head. What's your take, is it worth it? Are you seeing results ?
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK - so I have 20 pounds left to lose. Whew!! 20/16 = 1.25 pounds per week. I can do it!!! I have to do it!!! I would love to lose 2 pounds per week. That would be great! But, some weeks are better than others, so if I only lose 1.25 weekly, then so be it.

I need to make sure I'm eating enough fruits and veggies during the day and that I don't cheat on the weekends. I didn't gain from Sunday to Monday, so that was really good! But, I did do a ton of walking around at a baseball game, so that helped quite a bit. I did take 3 days off from exercising, and I have to say, while it was nice, it was awesome to get back to Zumba this morning. I really enjoyed it, and honestly, I think I preformed better than I had in a long time.

I'm realizing I didn't eat enough last week at all to account for my calories lost. It's important that I keep up and eat calories when I have exercised a lot, and not eat as much when I haven't.

All in all, I'm pretty please. I can't wait to be back in the 160's this week. I'm super excited about seeing that scale change in the 10's place. :-) I hope it happens. I have found that when I pre-log my food, that works really well for me. I have found i have a much easier time sticking to it.

Tonight we're going to Macaroni Grill. I'm hoping I can find something healthy and still have some pasta. We'll see! I hope everybody is doing well. I went back and read a lot of posts. Some are struggling, while others are losing like crazy. Hang in there. The first time I started back exercising, it took me 4 weeks to lose anything, and then in one month I lost 10 pounds. It will happen. Your body needs some adjustment time though. Just make sure you stay very close to, but under your caloric, fat, carbohydrate, and sodium intake and that you take the time to exercise 3 to 5 days a week. Your water intake is also very important. This will help your body keep burning those calories and keep you hydrated. This is your journey, and you are the only one that can decide the outcome of it. I have decided my outcome. Have you decided yours? :flowerforyou:

Christine
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    CW: 224 (9/2/11)

I am sorry I never posted my weight. My 1 yr old and I flew out IL to surprise my grandpa for his 85th b-day this weekend. I just forgot to post my weight. Hope everyone had a great long weekend. :)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Tonight we're going to Macaroni Grill. I'm hoping I can find something healthy and still have some pasta. We'll see! I hope everybody is doing well. I went back and read a lot of posts. Some are struggling, while others are losing like crazy. Hang in there. The first time I started back exercising, it took me 4 weeks to lose anything, and then in one month I lost 10 pounds. It will happen. Your body needs some adjustment time though. Just make sure you stay very close to, but under your caloric, fat, carbohydrate, and sodium intake and that you take the time to exercise 3 to 5 days a week. Your water intake is also very important. This will help your body keep burning those calories and keep you hydrated. This is your journey, and you are the only one that can decide the outcome of it. I have decided my outcome. Have you decided yours? :flowerforyou:

Christine

Good advice!! Thanks for the reminders!!:heart:
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    25lb to lose by christmas = 1.5lb a week - achievable! I'm doing the 30 day shred- I really like it although I gained 2lb the first week but lost 5lb the next. We'll see what happens next week. I especiallylike the fact that it only takes 20 minutes to do - all the time I have for myself with a 2 and 4 year old!

Sarah
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After 180 consecutive days on MFP, a hurricane and loss of internet finally gave me the boot from my addiction :( Sneaking on from work just to check in. Will try my best to get things up and running again as soon as possible. :heart:

Azeria - :heart: Thank you for keeping the motivation going!

Glad to hear you're ok Jenn. We have missed you x :flowerforyou:

And i have 1.5lb a week to lose to get to my goal now, which doesn't sound too bad at all :happy:
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some thinking about my goal for Christmas. I thought that 50 lbs was achieveable but my body has a mind of its own. So I am needing to change my goal to 35 lbs. I hope everyone doesn't think I am lazy or a loser. But, I don't want to discourage myself when I do not lose the weight.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some thinking about my goal for Christmas. I thought that 50 lbs was achieveable but my body has a mind of its own. So I am needing to change my goal to 35 lbs. I hope everyone doesn't think I am lazy or a loser. But, I don't want to discourage myself when I do not lose the weight.

I think 50 lbs is a high goal. I agree that it is a good idea to set your goal at an attainable and healthy rate in order to feel the success of the hard work you have put in. What a shame to work so hard and make healthy choices just to feel like you have failed. This whole new life of mine is constantly about reevaluating and making better choices. Don't fall into the trap of feeling lazy/loser. You definitely are not either of those. Those days are history.:bigsmile:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all-
    I think this weekend I am going to do a pantry purge and clean it out/take stock. I'm going to refuse to buy sweets for the house....had a fun weekend, but OD'd on bad food and I'm just sick and tired of doing that. Going to start meal planning and STICKING WITH IT!!!! Novel concept. Just used my American Express miles to buy a Keurig coffee maker and am going to start using the pods that you can use your own coffee in and cut Starbucks/Caribou. Time to get serious or I will never change!!!! Hope all is well with everyone.
  • lotusthrone
    lotusthrone Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a similar ODing weekend, with Labor Day cook outs and too many offers to eat out. I made fairly good choices and moderated portions, but I didn't lose this week. I've been at 205 for two or so weeks now, and started juicing and keeping a raw food pantry since monday. I would suggest doing that to anyone who is looking at the 16 weeks til Christmas and freaking out!
    Thanks again to everyone who has been keeping this challenge going. I'm super excited to see the spread sheet when it gets put up next.
    CW: 205
    0 lb loss this week :(
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I had a similar ODing weekend, with Labor Day cook outs and too many offers to eat out. I made fairly good choices and moderated portions, but I didn't lose this week. I've been at 205 for two or so weeks now, and started juicing and keeping a raw food pantry since monday. I would suggest doing that to anyone who is looking at the 16 weeks til Christmas and freaking out!
    Thanks again to everyone who has been keeping this challenge going. I'm super excited to see the spread sheet when it gets put up next.
    CW: 205
    0 lb loss this week :(
    I just bought a never used, older juicer at Goodwill and a Vitamix. Should have no excuse to make something healthy between the 2 of those!!!!