30 Day Shred Group- September

Options

Replies

• MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellow Shredders!

By all means Please count me in for the "OCTOBER RIPPED in 30 Group on October 3rd. Truth is, if it wasn't for this challenge/group I wouldn't have made it this far in the Shred. So I'm definitely in....:smile:
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi September Shredders,

Just checking in, D5L3 done and dusted! Feeling real good now and am better able to achieve those killer strength moves! Am really enjoying L3 - hope you are too!

I know its already been said but wanted to say thank-you to all of you for sticking with this - it has helped me stick with it! And thanks to the OP for putting this out here :)

Would love to join October Ripped in 30 but its not available to buy from the UK and iTunes UK isn't supplying it either so am thinking of starting Insanity instead! We'll see.

Read you soon :)
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, day 24 is done, I seriously debated NOT doing it this morning. This whole "get up at 4:15" is starting to wear on me! I LOVE the point somewhere in the first set of plank rows when the sweat starts dripping off my chin! :heart: Six more days - we CAN and WILL do this!!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders! Day 23 Level 3, Day 3! One more week to go! YAY! I'm still doing the "girl pushups with Anita those walking push ups are something else! I'm able to keep up with Natalie in just a few of the exercises, still a work in progress!

I don't know if this is helpful to the other poster from the UK, but I found my copy of Ripped in 30 on Ebay, perhaps you can find it there if you wish. Otherwise, happy shredding...see you all tomorrow!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Shredders! Day 22 (day 2 of Level 3) for me today. Man I'm tired. I'm feeling the ache. This is the first level where there are 2 exercises that I actually have to pause during (the scissor abs and the plank where you lift your arm with a weight and then your leg). I find the jump lunges are hurting my knees (first time since starting), but I'm pushing through. I ate too much today, so I thought I'd try and follow up L3 with L1. I really, really struggled. Will not be doing that again anytime soon. Ha ha!

Feeling really good about things, I am finding this level much harder than the others, but it seems to go faster so that's better.

I don't have Ripped in 30, but I reckon I'm going to go for round 2 of the Shred when I'm finished. 8 more days to go!

Thanks to everyone :) Loving this thread!

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 DONE! My legs feel like jelly, and I definitely felt that... I can't wait for this to feel easier! Hopefully some other wee newbies will come along and I'll have company in my pain! :p

I want to look that that woman in the green, what a body.

1 day closer to it I suppose ;)

I just finished day 4 of level one. I feel your pain. The hardest exercise in this segment is the side lunges with the forward raises...yikes I can barely get thru it!

Hang in there!

Woo!

I've just done day 2! I was in quite a lot of pain today, going down stairs was a near impossible feat, haha!
    Didn't know how I was going to force myself to do the second bout tonight, but so glad I did, I feel better for it (although still in some pain of course...)

Well done so far! Side lunges with raises are a killer, fo' sho'. As is the sprint to the finish line with the bicycle crunches - although in a masochistic way I quite enjoy those.

I'm glad we're all here to motivate each other - feel free to add me if you want, can motivate each other as we're at similar stages! Let Jillian Michaels do her worst :p

BRING ON TOMORROW! :)
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just finished first day of Level 3. Let's just say I'm very thankful there are only 9 days left. Lol.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 24 is done! This was a hard day for me.... I CAN do the moves, I just didn't WANT to do the moves. I LOVE the toughness of Level 3, but even that couldn't motivate me to give 100%. Oh well, it's done and there's always tomorrow...

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    L2D6 and L2D7 done! (although I re-did level 1 on day 7 in order to see if it had become any easier... Answer is no, lol!)
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 25 is in the bag! I'm feeling SOOOO good about this final level/final round (at least for a while!)

Several people here have talked about starting "Ripped" as a group in October. I'm started a thread for us. You'll find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351707--ripped-in-october

• MochaBlues
    Options
    Cool beans! Thanks for the Ripped LInk ;)

Day 25, Level 3, (day 5) is history! YAY! Yesterday, I was a bit sore in the shoulders but today I followed up my exercise with some whey Protein (isopure) hoping that helps with the muscle recovery....we'll see though. 5 more days!! Good Luck Shredders!! The end is near:drinker: :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Day 24 done! Finally in the home straight!!! Got into a pair of my pre-preggy jeans this weekend (this is a miracle), and I felt so good. May only have lost 1 kg, but obviously the cms are coming off. I find this level very challenging, but can feel myself getting stronger each day. I am definitely going to do a round 2 (I don't have Ripped in 30 yet), but I think I might take Sundays off. I'm so excited to reach the last day! Going to be very strict with eating this week to try and kick a few kgs off.

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nailed day 22 this morning. Level 3 is KILLING me, it's so hard on my knees and hands. I'm struggling with all the jump stuff as I am working out while the rest of the house is sleeping mon-weds, so have to do it barefoot.
    I've decided I'll keep on with level 3 until I can do all the moves straight through with no resting, ifthat takes longer than 10 days then so be it.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 26 is done. :happy: I actually watched Natatlie doing the Mountain Climbers, I don't do them like her. I do them like I was taught, contact on both the up and down step, she leaves her toe hanging in the air on the forward thrust. Tried them like she does them, didn't notice any difference in difficulty.....

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 26. check. I do like level 3, but on the supermans I find myself taking it easy. I am allergic to the world therefore I hate having my face in the carpet. This morning I used a paper bag under my face (weird i know) and it seemed to ease my mind/lungs a bit. We are so close to being done! I love it!

@cmDaffy: funny that you should mention this, because I also noticed this morning that Natalie does not make contact on the up. I had been making contact on the up and so I tried to do it her way and I found it WAY easier. I have decided to do a combo of both during the mountain climbers just to keep challenging myself.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    L2D8 done! Didn't do any exercise yesterday since I was visiting my parents and moving furniture around!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Today was going to be Day 25 for me and I am shattered to say that I fell at gym this afternoon and twisted my ankle :sad: I just cannot believe I was so clumsy! I feel like such a fool! Hobbled home, put ice on it for an hour and have kept it elevated, and am praying that there isn't too much damage (last time I fell of the step at gym I broke my ankle).

I'm so distraught. :cry:

2955970.png
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LV3D27, cant believe im done in 3 days, even though i took a few days off that i didnt make up =/ still think i did good for my first time hope everyones doing good!!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Today was going to be Day 25 for me and I am shattered to say that I fell at gym this afternoon and twisted my ankle :sad: I just cannot believe I was so clumsy! I feel like such a fool! Hobbled home, put ice on it for an hour and have kept it elevated, and am praying that there isn't too much damage (last time I fell of the step at gym I broke my ankle).

2955970.png

I feel your pain. I mentioned on here before that I sprained my ankle early in the shred. I kept pushing through but decided to take the weekend off. I felt so guilty but it was getting to the point that I couldn't do a lot of the exercises to my full ability because my ankle hurt so darn bad. Happy to say that my ankle almost feels normal today and I am ready to go all out these last 9 days!

I hope your ankle heals quickly and that it's not too painful. We're so close!
  • Sambo004
    Options

2955970.png

I feel your pain. I mentioned on here before that I sprained my ankle early in the shred. I kept pushing through but decided to take the weekend off. I felt so guilty but it was getting to the point that I couldn't do a lot of the exercises to my full ability because my ankle hurt so darn bad. Happy to say that my ankle almost feels normal today and I am ready to go all out these last 9 days!

I hope your ankle heals quickly and that it's not too painful. We're so close!

Thanks! Shew! I am hoping that it isn't killing me in a day or 2 so that I can carry on. I think I will start Level 3 again and do the full 10 days if it's isn't too bad. I do plan on doing a second round of the whole 30 days once I'm finished. I am just sooooo frustrated to have gotten so close and just want to finish. At the moment I can barely put any weight on it, but I'm still living in hope that I will wake up tomorrow and it won't hurt nearly as much.

2955970.png